The Last of Us

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It’s gonna set records. Just have to accept the fact that old shitlords like us are now the minority and most of the gaming community now are soy faggots and normies.

Well notice there has not been a single hint of a new Mass Effect being worked on since Andromeda. And, of course there is the FO76 debacle as an example. They might get their sales, but the guys who see the real numbers will know they fucked it up and their long term bargain sales will take a shafting. They will get sales on this title, from a combination of how good the first one and general ignorance of the fanbase (the adds on TV still don't show anything other than Ellie and Joel), but the backlash will have a long term effect.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
56829207-E034-4834-B175-C1604AF91B99.jpeg

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yep. Typically sales in a popular IP do not take a shit until after a bad release. TLOU1, fantastic - TLOU2 - sales based on the previous. So it will sell regardless.

Anything else past that will take a nose dive. Case in point is an example from a while back but still holds water in my opinion. We can reflect on the medal of honor series which never recovered. Allied Assault was a fantastic game. Expansions were questionable. However, Rising sun was a disaster of a game but still sold 5.13 million copies world wide (VG Chartz) due to the popularity of Allied Assault.

Pacific Assault (The next game after rising sun) took a 50% clip in sales revenue. And soon after the entire series tanked anyway. (Some of that can be taken into effect of competition, but MOH had the name and everything going for it) Battlefield and Call of Duty came in and did everything better.

But in that example you see a shit game selling well, and the sales of the next in the IP tanking as a result even though critically it was a better game.

In my opinion the success of an IP rides only so far as the last in the series and once that cycle is fucked with on a sequel and people get burned, it most definitely will not recover. Most publishers who know anything (or care) will let some time go before attempting again - so with Mass Effect, after the debacle of Andromeda, there needs to be about a 5-6 year lag time before EA fucks it up again :p

People do not want woke shit in their games. They play games to get away from that fucking garbage not bring it into their entertainment medium when they want to escape from it. If they come out with a TLOU3, I predict sales will most definitely suffer. As they should. And will.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Dodsengel

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I'm in the minority but TLOU and Uncharted do not appeal to me in the slightest. Feels more like you're playing through a movie than a video game. I guess that's a desirable trait for some but it could not interest me less. I couldn't get through TLOU when it came for free with my ps4 a few years ago so I have no attachment to the game or characters. Played TLOU2 for a few hours over the weekend and it feels like more of the same, won't be picking it back up.

Now that said, it seems to me the main draw of these games, TLOU2 in particular, is the story (certainly moreso than the gameplay). In that context, I cannot necessarily fault Naughty Dog for making a story that they KNOW will be controversial because that's what's going to get people to pick it up. Since female Ghostbusters (and probably before just less noticeable), it seems that marketing intentionally pisses off a fan base to garner a negative reaction and then uses that reaction and opposition to it as a tool of promoting the game or movie. Negative press is basically free and when packaged with social justice themes serves the dual purpose of promoting the game and creating a boogey man that the positive reviews can fight against with supposed moral superiority.

• 1Solidarity

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Maybe I'm in the minority but TLOU and Uncharted do not appeal to me in the slightest. Feels more like you're playing through a movie than a video game. I guess that's a desirable trait for some but it could not interest me less. I couldn't get through TLOU when it came for free with my ps4 a few years ago so I have no attachment to the game or characters. Played TLOU2 for a few hours over the weekend and it feels like more of the same, won't be picking it back up.

Now that said, it seems to me the main draw of these games, TLOU2 in particular, is the story (certainly moreso than the gameplay). In that context, I cannot necessarily fault Naughty Dog for making a story that they KNOW will be controversial because that's what's going to get people to pick it up. Since female Ghostbusters (and probably before just less noticeable), it seems that marketing intentionally pisses off a fan base to garner a negative reaction and then uses that reaction and opposition to it as a tool of promoting the game or movie. Negative press is basically free and when packaged with social justice themes serves the dual purpose of promoting the game and creating a boogey man that the positive reviews can fight against with supposed moral superiority.

It's a game aimed at the lowest common denominator - fat chicks who post on reddit. The skill curve is absurdly low. If you're intimidated by games that involve challenge or competition and would rather cozy up on your couch with a soy latte and watch a Hallmark movie about a closet gay who plays dad to another closet gay set against the backdrop of a zombie apocalypse, this is the game for you.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I would toss Witcher, FROM games, and maybe God of War, but yeah the cultural marxist woke crowd have damaged gaming franchises. This holds true with even the Japanese ones (not the faggy anime ridden RPG, those were always fagged up) which should have ignored SJWs since Japan ordinarily gives no fucks. Now all of a sudden, we have Jap incells trying to out virtue signal Karens over BLM shit...... What the fuck happened.

• 2Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Fuck this concern troll bullshit. There is being edgy and controversial, and there is having a transbeast murder the main character of the first game and forcing people to play She Man for most of the game. You want Edgelord the game, American McGee has you covered. You want to be controversial and play against type, how about swinging dick murder hobo Kratos mourning a wife and trying to raise a son not to repeat his mistakes? This was shit tier writing by a guy who had an agenda and loved the smell of his own farts. He wrecked a franchise he falsely believes he created and clearly never understoord just to sooth his own butthurt over having to (gasp) collaborate with other people and include their opinions in the creation process. There is no excusing this and him continuing to taunt fans just cements the whole thing.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Well notice there has not been a single hint of a new Mass Effect being worked on since Andromeda. And, of course there is the FO76 debacle as an example. They might get their sales, but the guys who see the real numbers will know they fucked it up and their long term bargain sales will take a shafting. They will get sales on this title, from a combination of how good the first one and general ignorance of the fanbase (the adds on TV still don't show anything other than Ellie and Joel), but the backlash will have a long term effect.

Yeah, but yet they still keep making these sjw games. Like mass effect might be done for, and/or fallout, but it isn’t stopping them from killing off more franchises. If anything, they keep doubling down. Question is, when will that back room guy pump the brakes?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, but yet they still keep making these sjw games. Like mass effect might be done for, and/or fallout, but it isn’t stopping them from killing off more franchises. If anything, they keep doubling down. Question is, when will that back room guy pump the brakes?

When the revenue stops, and there will be people scapegoating something else. This is an industry where they think their customers are mindless sheep and cannot think for themselves - so when something like this continues to happen they will say it was based off other factors. Hell, you have liberals and SJW's eating their own within Bioware with that Hainly Abrams apology stating that they should have handled that better because a transgender wouldn't just come out and say they are transgender, so they fixed it to Ryder can "Get to know Hainly first before that HUGE REVEAL". I mean holy fuck really? It's astounding the amount of spin that goes into this shit.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
It won't stop until they can clearly draw a connection between shoving progressive bullshit in games and loss of revenue. And let's face it, that's not going to happen. The gamers who are actually willing to stand against cultural marxist bullshit (by not continuing to shovel them money) are a very small minority. Gamers are an easy target because, let's face it, most are low T beta males to begin with.

• 2Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah Andromeda is a pretty good example. There is basically not even a hint of anything related to the ME IP on the horizon and yet Andromeda supposedly sold like crazy. You will know a house cleaning is around the corner if Joel in One Golf drops in price within two months.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck happened.
This shit was obvious years ago. Look at BF1 and black German Empire soldiers. What do we get with BF5? Fucking retarded cyborg women and completely rewriting history.

These fucks have ruined media, all of it down to the very core. I rewatched all of the Back to The Futures recently and its just so fucking jarring how movies made pre 2010, especially pre 1990 compared to what we see today. The vast majority of those movies would never be made today as they would cause endless outrage. Remember when Jim Carry made a movie that was all about shitting on a crazed tranny and how much it was revolting for such a person to exist? And it was very popular? And then the sequel to said movie was about mocking how backwards Africans are?

• 2Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This shit was obvious years ago. Look at BF1 and black German Empire soldiers. What do we get with BF5? Fucking retarded cyborg women and completely rewriting history.

These fucks have ruined media, all of it down to the very core. I rewatched all of the Back to The Futures recently and its just so fucking jarring how movies made pre 2010, especially pre 1990 compared to what we see today. The vast majority of those movies would never be made today as they would cause endless outrage. Remember when Jim Carry made a movie that was all about shitting on a crazed tranny and how much it was revolting for such a person to exist? And it was very popular? And then the sequel to said movie was about mocking how backwards Africans are?

What pissed me off BF5 the most was they had solid historical source material to draw from to talk about the role of women in the Russian army and stay in complete 100% context in WW2. Women at the Battle for Stalingrad were forefront as trained snipers and kicked some major ass. Instead, they take a teenager and a kidnapped mom and somehow try to twist that into Operation Gunnerslide.

Fucking baffles me. EA is so fucking tone deaf that they think it's ok to twist an operation and hack in shit that never happened, yet completely ignore the actual history where women kicked ass for the Ruskies.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah Carey used to be good before he started banging the vax denier whore and went batshit.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Even the good games are full of cucked SJW shit. I am playing through HZD and the only white male around (a father figure of course) was murdered in the beginning of the game. Its a parade of coloreds and lesbians so far and I am sure a faggot is just around the corner. Since the game is good its something I have overlooked so far, but it is something I have noticed and its very jarring. Shits is toxic as fuck.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Even the good games are full of cucked SJW shit. I am playing through HZD and the only white male around (a father figure of course) was murdered in the beginning of the game. Its a parade of coloreds and lesbians so far and I am sure a faggot is just around the corner. Since the game is good its something I have overlooked so far, but it is something I have noticed and its very jarring. Shits is toxic as fuck.
I had similar observations and hyper awareness of the diverse characters, but ultimately I chalked it up to me being overly sensitive than it being overt SJW propaganda. I don't want to go into spoilers, but suffice to say I enjoyed the game enough to platinum it.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I didn't see a lot of the SJW undertones in HZD. Nothing as blatant as Last of Us 2, Andromeda, or BF5. All I knew is I controlled Aloy, which I thought was a strong character with good depth to her, and a lot of native inhabitants.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I had similar observations and hyper awareness of the diverse characters, but ultimately I chalked it up to me being overly sensitive than it being overt SJW propaganda. I don't want to go into spoilers, but suffice to say I enjoyed the game enough to platinum it.
I will platinum it as well. The fact that some are hyper aware of these things goes in line with what others were saying about games being destroyed by the industry. No one should be playing games and realizing that the cast of characters in the game were created to be who they are for their skin color and sexual preferences. Yet here we are.