The Learning Thread

xrg

Golden Squire
- Added Ancient History Encyclopedia to History
- Added Anki under General for now (Might do a memorization category or something since Memrise is somewhat similar)
- Made a new category for Life-Hacks and added the Instructables there along with a few other links I had handy
- Made a new category Music, but so far only have piano lessons

xrg

Golden Squire
Added them all. Thanks! Freerice under General, 3 under Health, last one under Music.

Idea is just to collect links to things people may find useful, but not realize is available. They could scroll down and see Magic Tricks and want to learn a few to show off to friends. Or maybe they want to freshen up on their Math to help their kids with homework. I tend to self-teach myself a large variety of stuff almost as a hobby, so I have a retarded amount of bookmarks to things. I figured other people probably are in a similar boat but perhaps on subjects I haven't thought to dabble in.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
http://www.bcae1.com/Basic Car Audio and Electronics - Explanations of (car) audio systems from the electrons up. Useful if you still think 60 watt speakers are louder than 50 watt ones. It's kinda web 1.0 looking but the content is good and understanding this stuff will help you spend your money wisely (ie not buy overpriced shit designed by the marketing department)

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
+1 for Anki. It makes a huge impact for anything that requires a lot of memorization. It did wonders for my Chinese.