The Leftovers

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This show needs dragons. Dinosaurs or pirates would be a decent substitute.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

MossyBank

N00b
Got into the show because people were saying the 3rd episode was good. It was okay, but not worth the other 3 epidoes i've watched. Think this show has been the most boring/bad show i've watched this year.

• 1Picard

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
4 episodes in and I still have no idea what the point of this show is. It's boring as fuck and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

• 1Picard

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Seriously fuck this lame show. Watched 3 episodes and fell asleep 3 times without fail.

• 1Picard

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
His daughter needs to be beat with his gun handle because no way the shit he lets her get away can stand - That aside - show makes positively no sense, i have no clue the purpose of this shit or why anything is happening - is this like the intro to the 4400?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
If his daughter started getting naked on the regular, I would still probably just choose True Blood for nude tv.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'm done with this show unless I hear that old testament god comes down and smites every last whiney bitch on this show.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I have a buddy that loves this show I think because he grew up religious and thinks the concept is incredible. I don't really disagree just that the execution is boring. I told him I'm sticking around for a couple more episodes hoping for some side boob from the daughter's friend. If that doesn't come soon though I'm out.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I deleted these all off my DVR after keeping up with this thread. I'm not even going to bother.

• 1Picard

khalid

Unelected Mod
I fucking hatewatch this show. It is so fucking horrible. The motivation of the GR's doesn't make any sense and they are some of the most horrible people I have ever had the displeasure of seeing on tv. We are supposed to feel sorry for a lady getting stoned? Fuck that shit, I was cheering. For fucks sake, in the previous episode, they broke into homes and stole family photos of people that had vanished, that shit was vile. Yet episode after episode we are shown more and more of these people, in I guess some attempt to humanize them. In a better show, they would be portrayed as the evil, fucked up people they are and we would see the government come in and drive them out.

edit: Also, if you have read the book, you know the GR is EVEN WORSE than what is portrayed in the show, we just haven't gotten far enough yet.

• 1Picard

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I watched 2/3 of the first episode and noped the fuck away. Reading the thread seems like I made a good decision. Worst HBO show since John from Cincinnati? I usually watch and enjoy all of their shows so this seems like quite a waste.

• 1Picard

khorum

Murder Apologist
I'm done with this show unless I hear that old testament god comes down and smites every last whiney bitch on this show.
Even if they do that, the show will still be based in the same boring upstate new york suburban setting. They couldn't help moving too far from the Mapleton New York setting from the book but it's really hard to give a shit about how affluent first-worlders are failing to process spoiled-ass overwrought emotions.

I dunno if the show would be improved by watching the post-rapture fed swat teams breeching and massacring a different cult every episode since they.... actually no, the show WOULD be improved by that.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I watched the first three episodes. Third episode was all about that priest dude. What the fuck was the point of that?

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
I watched the first three episodes. Third episode was all about that priest dude. What the fuck was the point of that?
There is no point. At the end of the season I can picture a group of people dressed in white in a psyche ward emerging from a hypnotic group therapy session, being issued little paper cups full of anti depressants and mood stabilizers then downing them, after which they lift their tongues for inspection and grin slackly afterwards. The End.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
There is no point to any of this shit. It makes me angry how terrible this show is. Lindelof is a fucking hack.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The best thing to come from this show would be no one giving him any money to make anything ever again.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users