The Legend of Conan-2014 Arnold Returns!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kept in shape as in doing more steroids?
You're naive if you don't think his natural testosterone production wasn't destroyed 40 years ago. He's likely been using his entire adult life. I mean, there's a good portion of normal men who get on TRT once they hit their 40's. To think someone who used as heavily as he didisn'tcurrently on TRT is just baffling.

Column_sl

shitlord
I don't believe you can stop taking testosterone once you are on it. It brings your levels ridiculously low because your body is used to a higher amount.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Pretty much every time I'm browsing the latest TV torrents that are available, whenever I see Conan on the list I think, holy shit. Someone made a tv series of conan. I must watch it since it has the potential to be so awesome and can't wait to see what it's like.

Then I realise it's the conan obrien show 8(
If I recall correctly there actually was a Conan TV show at some point. It was pretty bad tho.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
As much as I love Arnold, he's too old for that shit. I wouldn't mind a story where he's old and retelling adventures from his past...with a younger actor actually having the adventures while old Arnold just sits on his throne reminiscing.
smile.png

iannis

Musty Nester
He's waaaaaay too old for this shit. It still depends on how they handle him/the story. I will allow them to rape my childhood with this. And I fully expect that they will be raping my childhood.

But man, something with the sensibility of The Barbarian would be wonderful.

It would even be great if they had Conan die. I don't think there was ever a specific story about the death of Conan, but the implication that I remember was that he returned home eventually and died the way that Cimmerians always die -- butchered in the field by the opposing clans children over some petty feud.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOM

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Wow, the intro to that just doesn't sound good at all after you've heard the intro from the original movie.

I agree that if Arnold was in Stallone shape this could probably work, because some of the "L. Sprague DeShit" stories were pretty good with Conan being King of Aquilonia, married to Xenobia, having to go on one last adventure to rescue her, etc. It could work if he were in good enough shape, but unless he started awhile ago and is as dedicated as he used to be, I just don't see it happening in time for this movie.

Not really sure I want to watch a movie about his son unless it is someone awesome, but really, who could that be? Unless it is The Rock, I'm not sure I care about anyone they'd be likely to pick. No Taylor Kitsch, no Khal Drogo. Hell, Thor would be ok, but I have severe doubts that he'd have the time to do it even if he wanted to.

Oh shit, I just realized, since we were talking about The 13th Warrior in another thread, if they made it sort of like that, with Conan as just the enigmatic badass leader, but a band of young Cimmerians (maybe including his son) following him and doing most of the heavy lifting, it could be pretty good with the right story and the right cast, and a good synergy between the youngsters. Might even open the door for a follow-up without Arnold if they get a charismatic character to take over after he's done.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why would they go back to Arnold after doing a Conan without him? The new one was fine aside from the movie ruining way they changed the pronunciation of Conan.

Goatface

as Jason Momoa's Conan was one of the biggest bombs of the year.

they need Arnold to sell this and with just a little movie magic, he will look just fine.

spronk

FPS noob
arnolds last few movies have bombed really hard i'm not sure this or terminator will revive his career. time to run for president

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
arnolds last few movies have bombed really hard i'm not sure this or terminator will revive his career. time to run for president
unfortunately, you have to be born an american citizen in order to become president; unless you're obama...

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Arnie wasted too many of his years politicking it up being a shitty governator. He should of been doing movies all along. He was like the primo action star of my generation. Fucking great movies even if some were cheesy as hell.

iannis

Musty Nester
His career was starting to falter before he got into politics.

Yeah, he had huge hits. Terminator, Kindergarten Cop (lol. IT WAS GOOD), Total Recall. But he started to get longer strings of misses. Last Action Hero... Twins...

Getting out was the right choice. Getting back IN seems a little bit like Michael Jordan trying to play professional baseball. It's just not what he's famous for (and best at), and he's just too old to do it.

Jordan was an average baseball player wasn't he? Which is pretty fucking good, and an impressive display of athleticism to take on a new sport that late in a career and not fail miserably -- but it's not beingtheMichael Jordan.

Goatface

Wonder how much get paid now?
i know most budgets are inflated so they won't show a profit, but $45m the last stand is crazy. Have not seen Sabotage but understand it had some major changes ordered by the studio. Escape Plan wasn't that bad, could have been cut down a bit, but it did well overseas, namely China.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jordan was an average baseball player wasn't he? Which is pretty fucking good, and an impressive display of athleticism to take on a new sport that late in a career and not fail miserably -- but it's not beingtheMichael Jordan.
Michael Jordan was an atrocious baseball player. Not even remotely average.

Sterling

El Presidente
He was a mediocre minor league player. So on the scale of all people that played organized baseball, he was pretty good. Compared to people actually playing in MLB? Shit.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He was in the world's top 0.000001% in terms of ability to play baseball... and in the world's top 0.000000001% in terms of ability to play basketball. Those couple of zero's make a huge difference.