The LEGO Movie

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Great movie, only wish it hadn't gone back to the real world at the end. Was great on its own without that 'lesson' added in.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
SPACESHIP!!

Haha.. Great movie. Thoroughly enjoyed this. It hit home too because my son just turned 5 back in Feb and I bought him a bucketload of Legos. We spent a whole day playing with them and of course I was the one insisting on the instructions to build the set pieces and my son just wanted to throw random stuff together. Needless to say, this movie struck a chord. Brilliant plot / theme and completely exceeded my expectations.
back in the dinosaur days of the 70s, my dad came home one day with a 1200(or 1600?) piece cardboard box of legos. it wasnt my birthday, it wasnt a holiday, i never even heard of lego back then. i immediately fell in love and i was so amazed that my dad bought me a present like this out of the blue!

nope! turns out my dad bought this for himself becuase he was layed off and was bored at home. he let me play with them when he brought them out but only for a little while then when i was in bed i could hear him in the living room sifting pieces around. the days after i would see skyscrapers and castles and i was only allowed to look at them, but i was forbidden to touch. this went on for months til he went back to work. then i could play with them.... but only when my dad was aound, he kept the lego box out of my reach. years later (2 years ago!
frown.png
) im at a rummage sale and i see a familiar box. its the lego box from my youth, i buy them and bring it home and for a week i would put stuff together all by myself. i told my dad about my find and when he visited i forgot to show him. later on the phone he told me that he got mad that i was holding them back. he didnt believe i forgot.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
back in the dinosaur days of the 70s, my dad came home one day with a 1200(or 1600?) piece cardboard box of legos. it wasnt my birthday, it wasnt a holiday, i never even heard of lego back then. i immediately fell in love and i was so amazed that my dad bought me a present like this out of the blue!

nope! turns out my dad bought this for himself becuase he was layed off and was bored at home. he let me play with them when he brought them out but only for a little while then when i was in bed i could hear him in the living room sifting pieces around. the days after i would see skyscrapers and castles and i was only allowed to look at them, but i was forbidden to touch. this went on for months til he went back to work. then i could play with them.... but only when my dad was aound, he kept the lego box out of my reach. years later (2 years ago!
frown.png
) im at a rummage sale and i see a familiar box. its the lego box from my youth, i buy them and bring it home and for a week i would put stuff together all by myself. i told my dad about my find and when he visited i forgot to show him. later on the phone he told me that he got mad that i was holding them back. he didnt believe i forgot.
So basically this movie is about you Chuk?

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Oh just for that Neg you're going to be AstroCreep until the day you stop posting here, or more likely the day I get bored and stop posting here.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Wait I can get negs just for complaining about them? I'm complaining about the neg you just gave me, especially since you're a pussy fuck who can't sign their passive aggressive menstrual flow.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
first of all i have not negged you. a mod can check, but i dont think i have negged anyone or hardly anyone. but i definitely did not neg you. second of all, i can not neg the same person twice, if somebody hit you up then its on you because you complained about a neg, which has been a board standard for like 6 years. thirdly , i have not even been on the board all day. i was at work, then i went flea marketing and garage sale hunting then i came home and seared myself a fatass steak on my cast iron pan then i chilled out puffing my pipe while watching some naked bitch chew some naked dude out in the jungle for being "diluted".

lastly, yes i can relate to the lego movie, which is why i posted that story.

edit
i just plused you out of the minus world. hope that helps

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Only 3 negs, that's utter bull shit. I deserve better than that
frown.png

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally saw this and it was awesome.
When Batman song came (Darkness....no parents LOL) up the 1st time, i almost went in tears LOL
The spaceship spaceship spaceship was the best scene.
The way they interact the lego story with real life story was top notch.
8/10