The Little Mermaid (2023)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
OK. Where is your line on what is acceptable abuse of your child?
My daughter wanting to watch a rendition of a movie she loves isn’t abuse, and she enjoyed it for the most part.

now if she had wanted to watch Rocky 5, maybe I woulda put my foot down…but as it was we had a nice time and had ice cream after.

were you this mad in 97 when Brandy played Cinderella?

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ahem...

The Wiz
The Last Dragon. (even though I adore this movie)
100,000 wayans brother movies.
Richard Pryor
Eddie Murphy

Gerorge Floyd was not the start, just a long line of Al Sharptons later. Or Don King's

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Ahem...

The Wiz
Richard Pryor
Eddie Murphy

Gerorge Floyd was not the start, just a long line of Al Sharptons later. Or Don King's

man I forgot all about The Last Dragon, I need to watch that again.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ahem...

The Wiz
Richard Pryor
Eddie Murphy

The Wiz was actually a creative , more adult themed remake of the 1939 film. it used quality actors and the songs were quite good. it was also based off a Broadway play of the same name and not so much the movie. its also not based on racially homogenous characters/culture. WoO is set in the american midwest, the Wiz is set in NYC. a black midwest or any part of the US girl? yes, plausible. a black mythological creature from ancient northern europe. NO. its a sin to compare that film to this trash movie which will be forgotten about in a few weeks.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
The Wiz was actually a creative , more adult themed remake of the 1939 film. it used quality actors and the songs were quite good. it was also based off a Broadway play of the same name and not so much the movie. its also not based on racially homogenous characters/culture. WoO is set in the american midwest, the Wiz is set in NYC. a black midwest or any part of the US girl? yes, plausible. a black mythological creature from ancient northern europe. NO. its a sin to compare that film to this trash movie which will be forgotten about in a few weeks.
No Way Reaction GIF

• 2Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Dude. This movie was shit and bombed hard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I liked the movie simply because I loved the cast. Beyond that, it wasn’t great, but it was alright.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Pathetic

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dude. This movie was shit and bombed hard.
The Wiz? eh everyone i know who watched it thought it was cool. keep in mind Michael Jackson and Diana Ross were huge in the 80s, so a movie with MJ was pretty much awesome to watch. its not like he was in a lot of films.

• 3Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Was it a remake of the movie or based on a play and not the movie?????

It was nothing more than race swapping, taking a well known beloved IP and making it black instead of being creative and inventing something of your own.

the-wiz-cast2-gettyimages-79623244-1542742940.jpg

Quality actors?
Micheal Jackson, Diana Ross, Nipsey Russell?
Chuk is going to Chuk I guess.
Never change bud, never change

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Was it a remake of the movie or based on a play and not the movie?????

It was nothing more than race swapping, taking a well known beloved IP and making it black instead of being creative and inventing something of your own.

View attachment 475717

Quality actors?
Micheal Jackson, Diana Ross, Nipsey Russell?
Chuk is going to Chuk I guess.
Never change bud, never change
Richard Pryor, Mabel King. i enjoyed the movie, it was an all black cast and made in the urban style. it made sense for Dorothy to be black cuz this was in Harlem. its not what i would call race swapped. it was completely reworked for the NYC setting. The detail in the Wiz movie is incredible, just from a technical aspect. the little mermaid has a black shoehorned into a white environment. very lazy and "safe". laugh at me all you want, but there is a difference.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Caliane

The Wiz was a total piece of shit. But I will agree with chuk here, it was also something else entirely. It was a complete reimagining. Like countless reimagining's of Romeo and Juliet in modern times. Shit like West Side Story. is anyone on earth going to bitch that West side story is not accurate to the culture of medieval Italy? Juliet is Puerto Rican?! how very dare they!

If they had taken The Little Mermaid and had fully moved it to NYC, Charleston, Nantucket, or Caribbean or something, they could have gotten away with it. instead of a prince, have Eric be a Whaler, or perhaps governor's kid or something. Completely move and reimagine the story to be set in 1865 United states.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users