The Little Mermaid (2023)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
0.33 star(s) Rating: 0.33/5 6 Votes
Title: The Little Mermaid (2023)

Tagline: Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world!

Genre: Adventure, Family, Fantasy, Romance

Director: Rob Marshall

Cast: Halle Bailey, Jonah Hauer-King, Daveed Diggs, Awkwafina, Jacob Tremblay, Noma Dumezweni, Javier Bardem, Melissa McCarthy, Art Malik, Jessica Alexander, Emily Coates, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Jude Akuwudike, Russell Balogh, Adrian Christopher, Simone Ashley, Martina Laird, John Dagleish, Sienna King, Karolina Conchet, David Stokes, Craig Stein

Release: 2023-05-18

Runtime: 135

Plot: The youngest of King Triton’s daughters, and the most defiant, Ariel longs to find out more about the world beyond the sea, and while visiting the surface, falls for the dashing Prince Eric. With mermaids forbidden to interact with humans, Ariel makes a deal with the evil sea witch, Ursula, which gives her a chance to experience life on land, but ultimately places her life – and her father’s crown – in jeopardy.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Yes, I know I used the 1989 instead of 2020, but this is going to be such an abomination its ok.

Yup. Disney made Ariel black. I'm so fucking sick of this race pandering shit from Hollywood. The last I checked Ariel had red hair, not brown rope.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 9 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
With bright red hair she probably won't look terrible, just depends. Also CGI tail and a lot of dresses, her skin color is light enough it might be fine. If they change her hair from the cartoon then I'll be very concerned.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

They in no way will alter her "natural" black beautiful hair.

Welcome to SJWland

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
They 100% should've cast a real fish for this. Casting a human to play a half-human is clearly a middle finger to all aquatic craniates out there. Disgusting.

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
jfc dreads underwater look like a new kind of sea monster
1a1rxw1ad3gz.jpg

and yes, i know thats a dirty white hippie cunt, but guess what, you can't find pics of blacks with dreads underwater, cuz blacks don't swim!

• 4Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 9 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Forget swimming; show me one black woman anywhere that allows her hair to get wet.

I am starting to think maybe its not even a black thing. Maybe Hollywood just hates pretty redheads. Anytime the role calls for a pretty redhead - immediately cast ghetto trash instead. Its never even a moderately pretty black girl. The black part is all that matters.

Ironic, since redheads are more of a minority than blacks.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I bet $100 that they absolutely are going to "blacken" up Ariel / The Little Mermaid somehow.

Lin-Manuel Miranda is doing the music. He is responsible for Moana and Hamilton. They have already confirmed new songs by him.

He is pretty great and I bet the songs will be catchy in that Disney way but my issue is a big fat WHY? Why change something iconic so drastically instead of creating something new? Every other Disney live action remake has tried to stay as close to the original as possible so why choose a huge cash cow to virtue signal?

The worst part is that Miranda's songs in Moana are the best in a Disney movie in forever so you know his music in an all new movie would do gangbusters. It really speaks to the mentality of the decision makers there.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Under the Sea still rocks. Yet another remake that was completely uneeded.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Forget swimming; show me one black woman anywhere that allows her hair to get wet.

I am starting to think maybe its not even a black thing. Maybe Hollywood just hates pretty redheads. Anytime the role calls for a pretty redhead - immediately cast ghetto trash instead. Its never even a moderately pretty black girl. The black part is all that matters.

Ironic, since redheads are more of a minority than blacks.

What are other examples of redheads being replaced? Not arguing, just asking.

The thing is, Ariel is known the whole world over as pale skin red hair. You go to Disney World and you meet Ariel. She’s hot girl, red hair. Every little girl on earth, regardless of color, knows and loves Ariel. Why the fuck make her black now? Disney has the money, they should have searched entire planet for the perfect Ariel. I’m fine, and glad, Disney has black princesses, but they can be an appropriate or original content. Not replacing one of the top five most recognizable Disney characters on earth. Cinderella, Elsa, Anna, Ariel, .. Snow White/Belle.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database