The Little Mermaid (2023)

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Huh, I thought it had made much more than this based on the way some of these articles were written.

The film’s $413 million worldwide haul puts it ahead of fellow Disney live-action remakes (and their sequels) such as Dumbo ($353 million), Alice Through the Looking Glass ($299 million), Cruella ($229 million), and The Sorcerer's Apprentice ($215 million). Next up, it will target the lifetime global haul of Maleficent: Mistress of Evil ($491 million), but that’s about it. Even Cinderella’s $543 million global haul seems out of reach at this point, and there's an ocean separating it from the highest-grossing Disney live-action remakes -- Aladdin, Alice in Wonderland, Beauty and the Beast, and The Lion King, each of which made over $1 billion worldwide.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Huh, I thought it had made much more than this based on the way some of these articles were written.
they arent accounting for the 400 million dollar production and marketing budget of Little Mermaid. if they had done the whole thing for 100 million, yeah its a decent success. Super Mario was made for 100 million and has 1.3 billion and still going.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
okay, here's one of their new songs. It's quite possibly the worst disney song they have ever produced. Someone in burbank with the ink still drying on their MBA thought it would be a good idea to include this. What the fuck is this anyways.

Sounds like Awkwafina probably had writing credits on the song.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Indiana Jones is going to be a massive flop too. Rumors are 450-500 million spent on movie and marketing.
I saw a video today that said it needs to make about 800m to break even.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I saw a video today that said it needs to make about 800m to break even.
that they know of. this film was in production and reshoots for years. thats crazy expensive. i bet it needs at least 900m-1billion to even get their money back. its not going to break 600 million.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
they arent accounting for the 400 million dollar production and marketing budget of Little Mermaid. if they had done the whole thing for 100 million, yeah its a decent success. Super Mario was made for 100 million and has 1.3 billion and still going.
Yeah makes sense, good for Super Mario. Its a fun universe for them to just do whatever in, they could have done that with TLM and fleshed out an entire underwater kingdom, other merpeople, whatever.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
that they know of. this film was in production and reshoots for years. thats crazy expensive. i bet it needs at least 900m-1billion to even get their money back. its not going to break 600 million.
Indy 5 was like the second most expensive film after the Flash.

• 1Solidarity

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
okay, here's one of their new songs. It's quite possibly the worst disney song they have ever produced. Someone in burbank with the ink still drying on their MBA thought it would be a good idea to include this. What the fuck is this anyways.

I remember when it used to be a prerequisite that you could sing if you wanted to be in a musical

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Indy 5 was like the second most expensive film after the Flash.
yeah and Flash is going to bomb too if audiences dont buy into the Keaton Batman hype. the way these DCEU movies have been grossing, its got an uphill battle.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I would buy 10+ tickets opening night if Ezra wasn't such weirdo trash. Gunn keeping him is going to stop me from watching any of the future movies if he's in them

It feels like a bold strategy to get rid of all the fan favorites and keep that guy.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Along with 30 other people most likely. It takes an army to write the shit they call "music" these days.

bohemian_meme.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Those aren't the lyrics to Run the World at all. Then I figured maybe it was just a chorus comparison but Bohemian Rhapsody doesn't even have a chorus.

Social media is fucking retarded.

The actual lyrics are much worse

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The actual lyrics are much worse
I'm not saying they are good. I just hate all the fake bullshit that gets posted and a bunch of boomers eat it up like a bunch of clapping seals.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
My bad, I'm not caught up on hiphop mumble rap lyrics.

Back to the point, there probably were 30 producers on this Little Mermaid jibberish song.

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I'm not saying they are good. I just hate all the fake bullshit that gets posted and a bunch of boomers eat it up like a bunch of clapping seals.

It's not fake, it's the first ~15-20 lines to each song.

Last edited:
  • 2Like