The Long Dark

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm gonna post this here, because I'm honestly not sure what to make of this game, but it sounds MMO/survival-ish. Ill understand if it gets moved to other games.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...saster-surviva

Looks like super harsh death mechanics, gear, crafting, and if I am understanding correctly there is an open world online mode. Players competing for survival resources in a realistic post apocalyptic environment with MMORPG elements sounds wonderful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It's first-person and single player only, so this belongs in Other Games, IMO. Looks interesting, though, and sounds challenging.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Ooooh, a rip-off from the Change series byS. M. Stirling. Here's a hint for the devs: please avoid direct references, like having your main character called Mackenzie (well, better than Havel - that would be even more obvious).

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Could have fooled me!

rrr_img_44825.png

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Looks like it could be cool - but yeah, not sure how the lack of Multiplayer escaped you here Quaid.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I didn't. Will try when it's released. Looks like they're still developing it. I'm a big fan of open world survival games like this.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Game looks cool. I heard there's supposed to be some multiplayer mode throwback to No Man's Sky or something?

• 1Like

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I actually tossed them the $20 and picked it up. It's worth the money in it's current state. Feels pretty fleshed out and much more in an open beta type state than a true alpha imo.

I do have a game breaking bug, unfortunately, I seem to be the only person who has experienced it. They have the logs to hopefully fix it but It seems pretty rare so I wouldn't let that keep you away. Basically I can't utilize the radial wheel which is needed to give first aid and light fires outdoors, etc.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I picked it up a few months ago. It is nice and sandboxy, but after a while there is just no point. I'll play again when they have the survival goal mode added.

Can anyone tell me how this compares to Subnautica? I've heard good things about it and have been considering picking it up, but don't want it to turn out just as pointless.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So this left early access, anyone able to recommend this? From what I read it seems like I could just wander around the snow this winter and get the same effect.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's out of EA but if you were waiting for the story mode it's episodic and only at 2/5. It's also 34.99 (19.99 on Amazon for as long as it takes them to realize the price needs updating, if you don't mind giving up your 2 hour return window) now for a game that went as low as 6.79 or so during sales.

Gameplay-wise I wouldn't touch it until they at least make cabin fever an option you can toggle off. It's a mindbogglingly retarded and unrealistic game mechanic.