The Lord of the Rings

Chris

Potato del Grande
So... they rushed the Sauron helps create rings storyline that's central to the entire universe with "he was there for one day and suggested an alloy".

Now they are backtracking by having him infiltrate the ring forge a second time!? Wat.

Is Galadriel going to fuck him AGAIN!?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bald Brah

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Did they actually have a Sauron-Gladdy sex scene? I noped out around the time she swam across the sea and I saw they cast the retarded black chick from Spartacus as queen of the numenorians.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would have watched ol' Sauron dick down Gal. I think thats whats wrong with that actor now - she's never been dicked down and is just angry at the fucking world.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
So... they rushed the Sauron helps create rings storyline that's central to the entire universe with "he was there for one day and suggested an alloy".

Now they are backtracking by having him infiltrate the ring forge a second time!? Wat.

It's like Groundhog's Day in Middle-Earth, where every season has Sauron with a new appearance and finds new ways to infiltrate Galadriel's trimmed Lothlorien and all-around Ring hijinks.

Image1.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
The show didn't have the rights to the "Annatar" character in S1 so they cooked up some strained shit about Sauron explaining alloys to millennia-old Elven smiths who have steel everywhere and then after a 30 second montage, they're sporting their three new rings. I guess they've since grabbed up some more rights to The Silmarillion so they'll probably bring in Annatar to help make the seven and the nine.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The show didn't have the rights to the "Annatar" character in S1 so they cooked up some strained shit about Sauron explaining alloys to millennia-old Elven smiths who have steel everywhere and then after a 30 second montage, they're sporting their three new rings. I guess they've since grabbed up some more rights to The Silmarillion so they'll probably bring in Annatar to help make the seven and the nine.
I mean, the entire season was a bunch of shit like that. Just contradictory all the way around. Oh really? They didnt know how to do that? Oh, ok. They didnt notice the huge fucking chasm out in the field all this time? What about the trail of fucking orc footprints and shit everywhere? Didnt notice that? All of these elves and watchmen everywhere, nothing? Ok.. Sure. Whatever. Everyones just stupid and blind in this series, I guess. Elves and Humans almost immediately drown when theyre in the ocean - but these two? These two are special and can tread water for 100's of miles. That one sea monster? You'll never see it, or anything else dangerous, in the 100's of miles of water that you will swim and float across. Why do we know this? Cause they fucking show where the Elves depart from, up north, and then show where the fuck Numenor is ON A MAP. For fucks sake.

A child could come up with better excuses to kick off these plots. I still have no fucking idea why the funky feet clan was even in the show.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Someone had to find Sauron.. no wait, Saruman. Wait, no it's Gandalf. Oh, could be Sauron still! Wait wait no it's Gandalf.. probably.
They already had American Inventor elves and a American Inventor dwarf but they needed American Inventor hobbits too.

spronk

FPS noob
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power Season Two will debut globally on August 29 with the first three episodes. Subsequent episodes will roll out weekly each Thursday.

thats the release schedule

Chris

Potato del Grande
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power Season Two will debut globally on August 29 with the first three episodes. Subsequent episodes will roll out weekly each Thursday.

thats the release schedule
Three episodes means they have little faith in it.

Sterling

El Presidente
Pretty sure that's a fairly normal type of release schedule for them. They often do the 3 then weekly thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
fallout dropped all episodes at once on amazon, I thought that might be a sign they are moving to drop all but maybe they are testing Fallout vs Boys vs Rings of Power to see which works best.

The Boys will drop 3 episodes on June 13th then weekly drop (8 episodes)

Netflix has moved to half drops for their ultra massive shows and full drops for new/smaller shows.

HBO is still sticking with 1 episode a week for everything.

No one cares about Disney, they don't release anything good anymore.

i'd prefer 99% of shows to drop all at once, only S-tier stuff like Shogun or House of the Dragon should be weekly. Boys, Disney shows, Rangz of Powa should all be full drops since there isn't really much to talk about other than making funny memes.

1715794600730.png

1715794626114.png

HotD season 2 trailer has fewer views than RoP (I was surprised) but goddamn that like/dislike ratio is off the charts.

Last edited:

Burns

fallout dropped all episodes at once on amazon, I thought that might be a sign they are moving to drop all but maybe they are testing Fallout vs Boys vs Rings of Power to see which works best.

Netflix has moved to half drops for their ultra massive shows and full drops for new/smaller shows.

i'd prefer 99% of shows to drop all at once, only S-tier stuff like Shogun or House of the Dragon should be weekly. Boys, Disney shows, Rangz of Powa should all be full drops since there isn't really much to talk about other than making funny memes.

View attachment 528925

View attachment 528926

HotD season 2 trailer has fewer views than RoP (I was surprised) but goddamn that like/dislike ratio is off the charts.
Clarkson's Farm on Amazon was just released as a 4 then 4 episode blocks, so they are kinda all over the map.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

"Wait a second. Let's tell that Annatar story"

Great writing.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>

View attachment 528925

View attachment 528926

Oh it gets worse

So so much worse

1715864151092.png

• 1Mother of God

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>

I really can't wait to not watch this as hard as I didn't watch the first season. This whole thing looks like money laundering to me. Springtime for Sauron, or did someone already make that joke? Ah whatever.

The wig memes were killing me in that Nerdrotic vid. "And they were all of them deceived, for another Wig was made..."

• 1Worf