The Lord of the Rings

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>

I've already written this off even though the stills look amazing, but I did a quick google and this guy is puerto rican. not a big difference...

"The silvan elf Arondir, played by Ismael Cruz Córdova, is a character who’s been created for the series"

Supposed to be the same race/type of elf as the chick from the Hobbit though which is LOL
1644509960725.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I've already written this off even though the stills look amazing, but I did a quick google and this guy is puerto rican. not a big difference...

"The silvan elf Arondir, played by Ismael Cruz Córdova, is a character who’s been created for the series"

Supposed to be the same race/type of elf as the chick from the Hobbit though which is LOL
View attachment 397685
Her character made as much sense as black dwarves. Shouldnt have existed but jackson got full of himself just like lucas did with SW.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Imagine taking this source material and turning out this shit with it. It's mind numbing. It's like they are actively trying to produce dogshit because you couldn't make shit like this on accident.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Imagine taking this source material and turning out this shit with it. It's mind numbing. It's like they are actively trying to produce dogshit because you couldn't make shit like this on accident.
They only now how to tear down, not create. Its why everyone of these is shit after shit after shit.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Can’t wait to see the final tally of just how much money Amazon burns when this shit fails. Did they lose money on WoT?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Imagine spending this much on the show and not paying Cate Blanchett whatever she wanted to lend your show some legitimacy.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They might break a dec-billion by the time it actually airs. Bezos is the emperor with no clothes.

If they told Bezos they need 100 million in shea butter for the new cast, that wouldn't shock me at this point.

A catch 22-- he'd look like a monster if he refused to moisturize the diverse elbows of the 2nd age dwarves. He had no choice but to buy.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
they spent $250m to buy just the rights for the IP from the Tolkien estate
they spent another $250-400m to film season 1, but thats including all the sets built, costumes, CGI buildouts, etc
they are currently filming season 2 and its gonna be a lot cheaper since a lot of sets/etc is done now

but yeah after Wheel of Time I'd expect a total shit show but you never know, Peacemaker looked like shit but its been an amazing season. James Gunn has a great track record though, the showrunners of Wheel of Time have only been writers for total shit like Jungle Cruise and almost all of their scripts were never actually made. Nice hahahaha

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Didnt galadriel fight in the necromancer scene in the hobbit 3? God what an abortion that movie was because of all that fluff added. If one only keeps the pure book scenes the movie is pretty ok.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Feels like it was yesterday HBO said Rome cost too much to produce any more seasons-- someone put a cigarette out on a set piece and it burned too much to make any more Rome. Sorry we lost a curtain and some chairs, that's it folks.

The 250m on the license up front is such an arbitrary number to take the risk of producing a season of a series. There is no guarantee the license is going to pay off for 2,3,4,5 seasons or that this will catch fire like Games of Thrones. Bezos must be wearing the ring right now.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didnt galadriel fight in the necromancer scene in the hobbit 3? God what an abortion that movie was because of all that fluff added. If one only keeps the pure book scenes the movie is pretty ok.
At least that was something that more or less really happened, isntead of that godawful love triangle with a made up elf. She is legitimately one of the most powerful beings on Middle Earth, maybe even more powerful than Sauron if she chose to be.

• 1Like