The Lord of the Rings

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I kinda like the look of Sauron in that teaser, looks like he's going to be a fairly large character and not just an off-screen boogeyman. Still no mention of Morgoth though which is a little disappointing.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can only hope that all the virtue signaling was just a poor attempt to catch a bigger audience and only mildly alters the show. I hate how much Im fiending for a good medieval oriented show to watch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
I'm tired of these motherfuckin orcs in this motherfuckin shire!

SLB.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Looks cool but i am a little confused on the timeline. I was under the impression it would tell the story of the forging of the rings, and Sauron corrupting the men/elves/dwarves, but it seems he's already forged the minor rings at least and is already evil.

I think in the silmarilion it wasn't known he was a baddy initially until it was too late. I really was hoping we would get that intrigue/storyline and about how Numenor fell, but maybe thats the first age. I haven't read the silmarilion in a minute and the story is muddled.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks cool but i am a little confused on the timeline.
I read somewhere that they're going to be jumping around to different timelines. One story arc with Celebrimbor, one story arc with the downfall of Numenor, and I guess one story arc with black hobbits or something.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You didn't look forward to wheel of time? Just happened across it?

Edit: or are saying technically the difference now is you're admitting this sounds horrible but not other shows?

I never said I was looking forward to Wheel of Time. I couldn’t have went into that show any more disinterested than I already was.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I read somewhere that they're going to be jumping around to different timelines. One story arc with Celebrimbor, one story arc with the downfall of Numenor, and I guess one story arc with black hobbits or something.
yeah I just re-read the wiki, I guess he was evil during the first age with melkor, he dissapears for 500 years then comes back and builds mordor and this is the story they are gonna tell hopefully:

Although Sauron knew that Men were easier to sway, he sought to bring the Elves into his service, as they were far more powerful. By about SA 1500, Sauron put on a fair visage and called himself Annatar, the "Lord of Gifts". He befriended the Elf smiths of Eregion, including Celebrimbor (greatest of craftsmen, as he was descended from Fëanor), and counselled them in arts and magic. Not all the Elves trusted him, particularly Lady Galadriel, Elrond, and Gil-galad, High King of the Ñoldor.

To the Elves who listened, Sauron gave knowledge and encouragement in forging the Rings of Power, while he forged the One Ring in secret, to rule the Elvish rings. Upon that ring Sauron wrote in Tengwar the Black Speech inscription,

However, as soon as Sauron put on the Ring the Elves sensed his treachery, and removed their rings and hid them. Enraged, Sauron came against them in open war and demanded that all Rings of Power be given to him. The Elves managed to hide the three greatest of the Rings from him, but the other sixteen Rings of Power were either captured by Sauron, destroyed, or lost. To the Dwarves he had given Seven, but to Men he had given Nine, knowing that they would be the easiest to corrupt. The Dwarf Lords who received the Rings proved to be very resistant to their power, and neither "faded" nor became enslaved to Sauron's will. The Rings, however, created in them an insatiable lust for gold, which ultimately caused a great deal of grief for the Dwarves.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
As long as they don't touch Feanor and the Gang, Morgoth, Gondolin, & Beren/Luthien/Huan, it won't hurt as much. If the SJW era touches those, it would leave an irreparable scar.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The effects look pretty good. I will watch this only because I enjoy the universe and the amount of money they spent on making it. If the acting/dialogue is really bad I will just stop watching it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Given what we've seen, its going to be a lot of Galadriel travelling all over the place, which I doubt she ever did... didn't see ever mentioned in the Akallabeth(?) as visiting Numenor. I have no idea if they are going to show the War between Sauron and the Eregion elves (who were saved by Numenor), but we'll likely see Sauron on Numenor corrupting Ar Pharazon after his capture. Just seems that they are taking a lot of creative license with Galadriel.

I think any 1st Age stuff will be flashbacks from the pov of Galadriel and Gil-galad as Elrond wasn't alive until after the final battle that saw Morgoth brought down (would be cool to see a glimpse of Morgoth and that giant dragon he unleashed though).

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Just seems that they are taking a lot of creative license with Galadriel.

I think any 1st Age stuff will be flashbacks from the pov of Galadriel and Gil-galad as Elrond wasn't alive until after the final battle that saw Morgoth brought down (would be cool to see a glimpse of Morgoth and that giant dragon he unleashed though).

They were always going to have to take a lot of creative license to have enough story. I have no problem with them using major characters to fill the gaps, as long as it all fits together well.

So much hate here.. looking forward to it after the trailers tbh. The visuals look great, hopefully the writing and story can bring things together in a way that isn't shit. Not optimistic about that, but i'll give it a shot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm still hung up on them referring to her as "young" Galadriel. That one thing indisputably demonstrates that they don't understand the source material at all.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pitch meeting was Lost meets GoT...

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Extensive time skipping is horrible, wonder why its made a comeback with recent shows and movies

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users