The Lord of the Rings

Chris

Potato del Grande
The "rap battle" you were referring to was between King Fingolfin and Sauron. As I said, Sauron's confrontation with Luthien was really a confrontation between him and her bodyguard, the Dog Huan. A physical contest. Luthien did not use "magic" on his ass. She used it later against Morgoth and his guards.
I remembered her singing and toppling Sauron's tower, but maybe not.

Fingolfin is the guy that just randomly marched up to Morgoth's base and started kicking the shit out of him until he got tired and squished under Morgoth's giant mace?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

Fingolfin is the guy that just randomly marched up to Morgoth's base and started kicking the shit out of him until he got tired and squished under Morgoth's giant mace?

Yeah already edited that, it was Finrod that sang with Sauron. Luthien used her magic to open up the dungeons of Sauron AFTER he yielded them over to her and fled.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
you guys could fall into a pile of titties and somehow land on a cock

• 9Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 11 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this isnt even an issue of blacks, its an issue of canon. Tar Miriel may be a little known character, but if she is to be a large part of this show then she should have been casted correctly. as with the other Token characters who got race swapped. if they are barely in this show then it doesnt matter much because its not integral to their plot. its funny they never make Galadriel a man or dwarves really tall.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Mainly I eyerolled you because then you always seek out my next post to do the same and it makes me lol. ;)

I always seek out your next post? Umm, like the one that was you responding to me and I responded back? Sorry to seek you out, bro, hope you don't feel stalked by the reply function on a message forum.

• 1EyeRoll

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Over/under on how many of the elves/hobbits will be gay/trans?

Over/under on how many of the character arcs will be a struggle for acceptance due to their racial/sexual differences?

Naturally - Sauron is a skinny white kid. This is 2022... the bad guys are ALWAYS white.

I'm sure I'll still watch this but this shit is infuriating!

Putting all the obvious insane blackwashing/propaganda frustrations aside, because I can let it go when there's a good story and good acting, the really horrible thing is the pool of talent you limit yourself to when you say 50/50 diversity. It fucks every show and it's ridiculously racist.

As a dude who gets quickly pulled out of a movie or tv when there's weak link actors, this shit drives me nuts.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
What if the best show possible is casting great actors who happen to be POC? Like I have no earthly idea who the actors are (Mostly no names) but what if they are objectively better actors than the white people who auditioned?

Sure, no problem, when it makes sense within the context of the story and doesn't distract from the story. It probably happens a lot and nobody notices or cares.

When producers seem intent on making people care about their casting diversity hires, then they better be amazing.

Most often what happens seems to be like in the Witcher with Fringilla. They virtue signalled hard, wore their social justice openly, seemed motivated by activism, then cast a black character that was counter to established lore, and then, and this is the critical part, she was shit. Even people not familiar with the IP seemed to think she was shit. But if you criticized her acting? That's racist!!!

If people cared about better representation for black and indigenous actors of color they'd first not lump all people together based on the color of their skin and imply they're all fucking natives or some shit (indigenous black English actors lol?)

Then, they'd only hire the best for roles so people wouldn't question whether they were diversity hires. Same as questioning bad blonde actresses for possibly being hired for their ability to stomach watching Weinstein jerk off into a plant, not their acting ability.

They're not hiring the best, though, and then call people racist for noticing the poor talent or questionable production decisions.

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
What if the best show possible is casting great actors who happen to be POC? Like I have no earthly idea who the actors are (Mostly no names) but what if they are objectively better actors than the white people who auditioned?

statistically not possible and you're an idiot to not understand why, especially when major studios have decided that all casts need to be a certain ratio of diversity that doesn't match population or actor demographics.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
statistically not possible and you're an idiot to not understand why, especially when major studios have decided that all casts need to be a certain ratio of diversity that doesn't match population or actor demographics.

That's the fun part. Disproportionately over represent black actors and the talent pool can't keep up and they suck and then it just creates more people who dislike or are skeptical of black actors. These Hollywood liberals are either dumb or secretly racist setting black actors up for failure. KKK approves!

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
The sad thing is that while Friends was going with it's 100% white cast, I was also watching Fresh Prince of Bel-Air with it's 100% black cast and went to see Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon with it's 100% Chinese cast. That's diversity.

I would happily watch a show based on African/Indian/American mythology with a 100% African/Indian/Native cast. That's how you do it, only mix people for things set in modern times.

Instead black people have to appropriate European mythology like they have none of their own. THAT'S racist.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power Actors Confirm Show Aims To Erase Tolkien's Work For The Sake Of Modernity

Sophia Nomvete, who plays Princess Disa in the show, spoke to PA Media where she claimed she is “the face of a necessary redress of balance.”

She went on to detail, “We are redressing the balance within the film and television, television industry and of course, this franchise and I hope, lots of franchises moving forward.”

Nomvete then made it clear The Rings of Power is actually an erasure of Tolkien’s work and the whole point of the show is to reflect the modern world rather than reflect Tolkien’s work.

She explained, “It’s their time and it’s so important and I hope many people will see this fantasy and be able to relate to it. This is a reflection of the world we live in, there are many and we are different and we will embrace and discover, and peel back, and learn, and educate, and be educated.”

“And we can only do that when we embrace and love our differences,” she added.
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

• 3Worf
  • 2Barf
  • 2Cringe
Reactions: 6 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Putting all the obvious insane blackwashing/propaganda frustrations aside, because I can let it go when there's a good story and good acting, the really horrible thing is the pool of talent you limit yourself to when you say 50/50 diversity. It fucks every show and it's ridiculously racist.

As a dude who gets quickly pulled out of a movie or tv when there's weak link actors, this shit drives me nuts.
Big one I seem to remember recently was that Netflix Archive 81. Otherwise a pretty good show but that lead actor sucked ass. I dont care what color, the dude was a fucking dud. No expressions, nothing just bland mediocrity at best.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
people complain about canon from Silmarilion like anyone actually can remember how to spell a single name from the book.

• 1SchwarzeNeg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
people complain about canon from Silmarilion like anyone actually can remember how to spell a single name from the book.
Have you even read the last couple pages of this thread?

Shut the fuck up.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users