The Lord of the Rings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I am reserving judgement until I see. That said, this thread has been hating show since before there was a trailer. Right now, 104 Fresh reviews, 20 Rotten, and it seems like the only reviews being highlighted in this thread are the bad ones. Its polling over 80%. It just seems people in this thread already made up their minds and are looking to reinforce the echo chamber.

View attachment 430934
fuck off you faggoty shill.

• 8Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I am reserving judgement until I see. That said, this thread has been hating show since before there was a trailer. Right now, 104 Fresh reviews, 20 Rotten, and it seems like the only reviews being highlighted in this thread are the bad ones. Its polling over 80%. It just seems people in this thread already made up their minds and are looking to reinforce the echo chamber.

View attachment 430934
are those organic positive reviews or are they by paid shills? its Bezos, his entire platform is majority fake reviews on counterfeit products. at least you know the negative reviews are honest.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
are those organic positive reviews or are they by paid shills? its Bezos, his entire platform is majority fake reviews on counterfeit products. at least you know the negative reviews are honest.

We just got done posting the biggest newspapers in the country for the last several pages in this thread. But somehow we are meant to believe we are fostering a narrative. Washington Post, Amazon owned, panned it. They didn't stealth pan it in the body of the article-- they panned it in the headline.

Several other major magazines panned it. CNN panned it. Variety, which is the most favorable magazine available, didn't pan it, but struggled to say anything of substance about it. It's shilling to come in here with no sources and thump RT when we just posted all the major publications, if not just plain disingenuous or willfully ignorant.

Sorry some of the biggest publications in the country didn't like it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We just got done posting the biggest newspapers in the country for the last several pages in this thread. But somehow we are meant to believe we are fostering a narrative. Washington Post, Amazon owned, panned it. They didn't stealth pan it in the body of the article-- they panned it in the headline.

Several other major magazines panned it. CNN panned it. Variety, which is the most favorable magazine available, didn't pan it, but struggled to say anything of substance about it. It's shilling to come in here with no sources and thump RT when we just posted all the major publications, if not just plain disingenuous or willfully ignorant.

yeah man, its getting bombed, but a bunch of shills are still propping it up in the RT scores. all they need do is give glowing reviews make enough low info normies curious to tune in for the first episode and they can declare it a major success whether anyone ever tunes in again. thats how it is with streaming service shows. you never know what their numbers are, just what they decide to tell you.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
yeah man, its getting bombed, but a bunch of shills are still propping it up in the RT scores. all they need do is give glowing reviews make enough low info normies curious to tune in for the first episode and they can declare it a major success whether anyone ever tunes in again. thats how it is with streaming service shows. you never know what their numbers are, just what they decide to tell you.

1662015175792.png

• 8Like
  • 8Worf
  • 2RAGE
Reactions: 17 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Funny thing is if you look at youtube the people making the most $ off this is the ragebait channels like The Quartering. These are the same people that praised The Witcher series which was incredibly mediocre.

• 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Funny thing is if you look at youtube the people making the most $ off this is the ragebait channels like The Quartering. These are the same people that praised The Witcher series which was incredibly mediocre.
these are negative critic reviews from established major media sites. those so called "ragebait" sites are only reading their reviews.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
these are negative critic reviews from established major media publications. those so called "ragebait" sites are only reading their reviews.

Willfully ignorant as I said. If you aren't checking the reviews, don't comment on the reviews.

You'll be getting a smattering of posts like this last page over the next few days. A lot of people will use a piece of a review, or post an RT, or say such and such, without actually posting a legitimate review.

Must just be those Quartering guys.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Willfully ignorant as I said. If you aren't checking the reviews, don't comment on the reviews.

You'll be getting a smattering of posts like this last page over the next few days. A lot of people will use a piece of a review, or post an RT, or say such and such, without actually posting a legitimate review.

he's sort of right in that those guys make money off clicks from any controversy they can muster. oh noes, taka waitit got married and his tweets are anti tranny, oh noes he is no longer working on Thor 5. yeah dont care. but in this case. the content is being handed out by the shovelful. its not just a few reviews from a few sites.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider

I've read most of the reviews, the difference is I don't automatically discount a review because it's positive or negative. And if you had actually read most of them (unlikely) the biggest criticism seems to be the first episode caters too much to the fans. A long prologue, Morgoth even appears as a giant shadow at the Two Trees supposedly, and a ton of exposition. Die hard fans like myself won't mind that at all, but it might be too much exposition for a casual viewer.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've read most of the reviews, the difference is I don't automatically discount a review because it's positive or negative. And if you had actually read most of them (unlikely) the biggest criticism seems to be the first episode caters too much to the fans. A long prologue, Morgoth even appears as a giant shadow at the Two Trees supposedly, and a ton of exposition. Die hard fans like myself won't mind that at all, but it might be too much exposition for a casual viewer.

I'm more concerned with pacing and storytelling. Avengers: Infinity War has limited appeal to me in a Tolkien setting.

Sinistkir13

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You know, House of the Dragon might have some sprinkles of characters looking like they have some fetal alcohol syndrome and/or family trees that look like a stick, but what in the ever-loving fuck is the excuse for everyone and everything in Rings looking so cartoonishly ugly and inbred?

I just can't get over how unpleasant everything looks - the closest thing to not looking like fantasy Appalachian inbreds would be some of the elves (not pictured) who just look like average people with wonky ears.

OIP.RWp4W_4WJ0pNPCnMY-3qRgFJFJ
Sauron-Not-Played-By-Anson-Boon-in-Rings-of-Power-300x157.jpg
1655143521-8205-photo.jpg
SEI_120883452-1.jpg
q95rm4464kd91.jpg

Then once you're done cringing past that, everything else is so garish and hideous with this strange "clean," almost digital looking veneer on top of already cheap and far too clean looking props and costumes.

Why couldn't they have siphoned off some of the multiple millions wasted on this dreck to fund more of The Expanse? It's not like the quality would suffer here, I'm sure.

tldr: Hollywood is now so talentless they cant ever write something good with some of the best source material every written.
"Hey Hollywood, here's my homework. Go ahead and copy it. Please."

"Naaaaaaah, I've got this."

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You know, House of the Dragon might have some sprinkles of characters looking like they have some fetal alcohol syndrome and/or family trees that look like a stick, but what in the ever-loving fuck is the excuse for everyone and everything in Rings looking so cartoonishly ugly and inbred?

I just can't get over how unpleasant everything looks - the closest thing to not looking like fantasy Appalachian inbreds would be some of the elves (not pictured) who just look like average people with wonky ears.

OIP.RWp4W_4WJ0pNPCnMY-3qRgFJFJ
Sauron-Not-Played-By-Anson-Boon-in-Rings-of-Power-300x157.jpg
1655143521-8205-photo.jpg
SEI_120883452-1.jpg
q95rm4464kd91.jpg

Then once you're done cringing past that, everything else is so garish and hideous with this strange "clean," almost digital looking veneer on top of already cheap and far too clean looking props and costumes.

Why couldn't they have siphoned off some of the multiple millions wasted on this dreck to fund more of The Expanse? It's not like the quality would suffer here, I'm sure.

"Hey Hollywood, here's my homework. Go ahead and copy it. Please."

"Naaaaaaah, I've got this."
you think they're ugly now, wait til you find out Discount Eminem is actually a woman.

• 4Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

I love this. FOH posters appealing to the authority of CNN and the Washington Post.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hm. The only thing worse than this show might be the blown out tire lips on Bezos tranny. I think if I could buy the planet, I could figure out some way to fuck something 50% as hot as Leonardo DiCaprio’s belt notches.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hm. The only thing worse than this show might be the blown out tire lips on Bezos tranny. I think if I could buy the planet, I could figure out some way to fuck something 50% as hot as Leonardo DiCaprio’s belt notches.
I thought the same thing, but Bezos supposedly selected her out of a process of qualifications based on things like being able to get him out of a third world jail/prison, being able to fight, etc. etc. Which I guess at that point, it narrows down the list of people he would be with. If he's that picky about his wife, which seems very politically oriented only, he can probably sleep with anyone he damn well pleases.

• 1Worf

Burns

I thought the same thing, but Bezos supposedly selected her out of a process of qualifications based on things like being able to get him out of a third world jail/prison, being able to fight, etc. etc. Which I guess at that point, it narrows down the list of people he would be with. If he's that picky about his wife, which seems very politically oriented only, he can probably sleep with anyone he damn well pleases.
"Well hello Mr. Bond, have you met my wife, Oddjobs Around The House? She identifies as Native American and her pronouns are she/thay."
*wife punches 007 in the face*

• 1Worf