The Lord of the Rings

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Acting is the lowest of the arts, and in my opinion only black people should be allowed to do it.

This show is doing it for me because I like watching them pretend to be white people for my amusement.

10/10

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
1662333011365.png

i can tell galadriel is a boss, she made it to Dark Tower book 4

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Everyone of you fgts that decided to say this was the worst shit ever, BEFORE it even came out need to eat shit and die. Fuck off already.

Now, if you saw it and you want to give it valid critique, go right on ahead.

Sick of you worthless fucks.
I would IRL punch you in the face for this comment

• 2Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow, The Quartering hates it??? OMG, I am shocked. Shocked I tell you.

Not clicking that link because that POS doesn't deserve any Youtube algorithm assistance.
Then you'll never know that it isn't The Quartering. Oh wait, now you know.

Edit: Though, I do wonder why he thinks its Sauron on the raft with Galadriel. I mean, does he think Amazon would do such a horrible job at introducing how Sauron gets to Numenor? It would be such a huge waste of an opportunity to show how powerful the Numenoraens / Ar-Pharazon were.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well fuck, this thread is useless for figuring out if the show is any good (despite hundreds of posts). And critic reviews stopped being reliable a few years ago, so I guess I'm going to have to watch this shit and see for myself..

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well fuck, this thread is useless for figuring out if the show is any good (despite hundreds of posts). And critic reviews stopped being reliable a few years ago, so I guess I'm going to have to watch this shit and see for myself..
Yeah the only way to know if a steaming pile of shit tastes like shit is to put it in your mouth.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Edit: Though, I do wonder why he thinks its Sauron on the raft with Galadriel. I mean, does he think Amazon would do such a horrible job at introducing how Sauron gets to Numenor? It would be such a huge waste of an opportunity to show how powerful the Numenoraens / Ar-Pharazon were.

Emergency Awesome review seems to think he's Sauron too, mainly because of his reaction to the other people on the raft dying, and some other hints.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm mid episode 2 now. I've seen enough to say it's not good. It feels generic. Some random fantasy with elves and dwarves that licensed words like Sauron and Khazad Dum.

A series of situations to put people in, some "remember Sauron" , "remember Elrond", "remember Galadriel" stuff.

Very clear they want to show how diverse it is. How badass the women are, how dumb the men act.

Could have been good. Still can become good, possibly? I like the idea of searching for Sauron. From the previews though Sauron looks ridiculous.
It's seemingly building towards some things that could be interesting, at least conceptually.

Harfuts are unbearable. Elves are boring. Dwarves are pretty fun to be fair, the very little I've seen of them. The rock breaking thing was entertaining. *Edit - Nevermind, I'm just seeing the wife now. Yikes.

Hate the music, it sounds very Disney to me. In a bad way. Like theme park Disney.

Visuals - yup good.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its definitely better than hitting your thumb with a hammer.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>

Because he says he's been informed of the season's arc and claims there's NO rings of power in the eponymous series' first season and Mr. Will-They-Won't-They on the boat is actually Sauron because of course he is.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The extremely high production value shows. That being said, having a hard time looking up from my phone. Not really invested in the characters, and they failed to adequately set the stage for the story.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Because he says he's been informed of the season's arc and claims there's NO rings of power in the eponymous series' first season and Mr. Will-They-Won't-They on the boat is actually Sauron because of course he is.
would be funny if a video game set thousands of years later included more information about the forging of the rings of power than the first season of the show called "Rings of Power".

• 3Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Yup-- you will have to.

I still am kind of disgusted with myself that I love escargot. But damn it, I tried it:
1662339587986.png

• 1Barf

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
would be funny if a video game set thousands of years later included more information about the forging of the rings of power than the first season of the show called "Rings of Power".
And a much better told story as well.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Just finished watching both episodes. I like it. I think it is going to develop the story and characters well. I don't give a flying fart about the black actors, whatever. The production quality is good, the acting is passable, the effects are good, the scenery is beautiful. And I have to disagree with Dashel Dashel - sorry dude, Howard Shore's opening theme is quite good. And I like the underscoring, too. Don't know who did it, but it feels nearly on par with the LOTR movie underscoring.

• 3Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
The old man in the falling star better not be Gandalf, because they all specifically came via boat and were met by the elves in Lindon at the port. And if he is not (or any of the other Istari for that matter because they call came the same way), then who the fuck is he?

I thought slim shady was Sauron? No way is it boat dude, since Sauron's persona in this age is very much spelled out (as the mysterious Maia "Annatar" who seeks to do good/help the elves make middle earth better). Not some shipwreck human.

Harfoots boring as fuck. I actually like the sternness of the negro elf. Galadriel as warrior-princess totally removes her from the ethereal godess like thing she was in LotR. We did not need Galadriel to take center stage in all this shit.

• 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I'm okay with dwarves (and dwarf women) being black. They're like coal-miners and they don't like to shower: It would be seen as racist to have them in blackface, right?

1662340764123.png

• 1Picard

spronk

FPS noob
The old man in the falling star better not be Gandalf, because they all specifically came via boat and were met by the elves in Lindon at the port. And if he is not (or any of the other Istari for that matter because they call came the same way), then who the fuck is he?

I thought slim shady was Sauron? No way is it boat dude, since Sauron's persona in this age is very much spelled out (as the mysterious Maia "Annatar" who seeks to do good/help the elves make middle earth better). Not some shipwreck human.

Harfoots boring as fuck. I actually like the sternness of the negro elf. Galadriel as warrior-princess totally removes her from the ethereal godess like thing she was in LotR. We did not need Galadriel to take center stage in all this shit.

season 1 finale twist: GALADRIEL IS SAURON

no one will see it coming, brought to you by M Night Shamalamadingdong

whatever you think some of the CGI in the show is great, too bad most of its in the "10 minute history ok you ain't seeing any of this shit again" . I mean this shit looks like Elden Ring

ROP_EldenRing.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users