The Lord of the Rings

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
there are a million nits to pick with the episode but one that was weird to me was how Sauron just straight up admitted who he was with zero spin. When Galadriel said the Southland line of kings is broken, how hard would it have been to just say he was a bastard son and their family has endured for a thousand (?) years in secret, only with that retarded pouch as their legacy? You can spin a thousand tales, but apparently the father of lies is too bored or saw the script and realizes he's gotta get his ass to Mordor ASAP so no time to waste with dumbass Elves.

And then Galadriel just straight up is lying to the rest of the elves, you know, the guys who sent her hunting after Sauron for hundreds of years lol. What is this CW shit haha

The entire season was basically Twilight in Middle Earth, a stupid white chick gets bamboozled by a bad boy who she thinks she can fix. and every man in the show has only one desire, to win the heart and mind of Galadriel. The entire thing was a rom com in disguise lol

Sauron was tired of the charade just like the rest of us. I rolled my eyes at the whole Sauron/Celebrimbor dialogue. Oh you’re a smith? So am I! It felt like the meme, “you know I’m somewhat of a smith myself…”.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
People acting like the internet "guessed" Halbrand was Sauron. The whole first season was leaked on reddit before episode one. Everyone knew before the show even started.

with the exception of a few specific scenes, like the reveal of Eregion in the first episode... and the slow motion shots showing the fallout of the war of wrath... i wasn't really impressed with the visuals. especially the design decisions for pretty much everything. the stuff at khazad dum is fine but the dwarf armor is silly (beard armor means they can't turn their necks at all).

i just found myself thinking, you did JUST enough research to look at armor, but not enough to understand how pieces fit together. and pj's stuff, each culture had design decisions that made sense. horses were extremely important to the people of rohan and you can see that in their armor, their clothing, their decorations. and it is NEVER explained, but you see it and it makes sense. same with gondor, same with any of the elves.

galadriel's plate armor looks right from a glance, but on closer inspection it's basically not functional at all, with random bits of bunched up chainmail in the joins which means limited flexibility at best, getting yourself killed at worst. numenorian armor has scale mail, but... only sort of. and why? they are like pseudo roman but don't use roman armor... okay, fine... they have horses on their sword pummels but they live on an island and don't have any other horse iconography... i just can't find any through line in their stuff, none of it actually makes any sense.

I'd hate to see what a fantasy show visuals would need to be to impress you. The show had issues, visuals was definitely not one.

Fe-a7j8VsAAIJSM.jpg

FfDoKoEWIAEe9Uc.jpg

FfBq3X4aUAAfxZE.jpg

ian-lotr-rop-orcs-story-image-or-carousel-5.jpg

Attachments

• FfAuazNWQAAuLiz.jpg
    FfAuazNWQAAuLiz.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 5
  • FfBq3X4aUAAfxZE.jpg
    FfBq3X4aUAAfxZE.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 2
  • FfDoKoEWIAEe9Uc.jpg
    FfDoKoEWIAEe9Uc.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Fe-a7j8VsAAIJSM.jpg
    Fe-a7j8VsAAIJSM.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 5Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean, its only some obscure book called the Silmarillion, its not like they're buttfucking the Archetype of all Fantasy Literature live on screen or something

Personally I liked when the elf smiths helpers just reached right into the embers and pulled out the glowing pieces of metal with ungloved hands. A++
look, us nerds are very protective of our nerd culture, when you have people breaking into our house and fucking up our things, we aint going to be happy about it.

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
oooooooook, wtf did they even bother if they can't show basically all the truly good parts of the 2nd age??? We needed Anatar as a smooth beautiful Maia , traveling the different Elf Kingdoms trying to gain confidence.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
People acting like the internet "guessed" Halbrand was Sauron. The whole first season was leaked on reddit before episode one. Everyone knew before the show even started.

I'd hate to see what a fantasy show visuals would need to be to impress you. The show had issues, visuals was definitely not one.

View attachment 438184

View attachment 438185

View attachment 438186

View attachment 438187
SOME of the visuals in the show were really good, i pointed out a few. but even half the ones you pointed out are... meh...

• 1Tiresome

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
gob.gif

Fuck this shit, i'm done with it. I can only take but so fucking much desecration of the lore.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

even though sets/outfits/etc were better, still going to rate this below wheel of time. think i liked and hated more characters in WoT, while in rings everyone is just sorta meh to blah

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I enjoy the show for what it is. Just cool to have more Tolkien stuff. It does suck they don’t have all the rights.

I was really hoping that Halbrand wasn’t Sauron and the wizard isn’t Gandalf. But I was wrong and they weren’t creative enough. It’s pretty obvious the wizard will be Gandalf because of his affection for the Hobbits.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah. The 70s stuff was decent.

The Jackson-version was an abomination that had little to do with Tolkien beyond the title and character names though.
Found the Chrostopher Tolkien dick rider.

PJ definitely did some corny shit and took some liberties but to say it was an abomination just proves you literally don't know shit about shit.

You're like one of those faggots that likes the pop commentary around things and just chooses an opposition side. Or tries to say edgy takes thinking some how that gives your take substance. The purest of NPCs.

• 1Like