The Magicians

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That line about the walking trees was pretty damn funny.

Alice = Human Torch. Well, blue flame.. Maybe she's Doctor Manhattan? You know, without a dick.

Doctor_Manhattan_(movie).jpg

It was amusing how they bleeped out "fuck" in this episode, yet allowed "cunt" to fly freely.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Can a Niffin fuck a god up? That's pretty god damn powerful.

Also, looks like Julia is turning into Martin.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Just started binge watching the first season. On episode 7 right now and it seems that if you don't give this show your undivided attention, it's hard to make sense of anything. The main group of 4 just turned into geese (I think) and flew to Antarctica where some weird Russian guy is conducting trials. I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

Correct, it is easy to follow if you are paying attention, what you describe is a direct result of not watching the show. It deserves to be more than background noise.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It was amusing how they bleeped out "fuck" in this episode, yet allowed "cunt" to fly freely.
Yeah, I used to say that every torrent I got was bleeped, but the last two weeks everything except that one fuck at the start of this week has been uncensored. I much prefer it this way, obviously.

All Outta Fucks Julia is so fucking hot. Now that she's not constantly on the verge of crying every second, got damn!

Margo is my spirit animal though. God I love her.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
The main group of 4 just turned into geese (I think) and flew to Antarctica where some weird Russian guy is conducting trials. I have no idea what the fuck is going on.
Seems like a perfectly reasonable scenario to me...

• 1Like

Cybsled

Interesting episode, especially seeing alternate timeline Julia in the intro.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Got a little teary eyed at the scene with Quentin and alt-timeline Alice. I wonder if they can somehow bring her into their reality?

Wow, I haven't seen deaf-acting-lady in ages.

The "censoring" of the foul language is hilarious. It's like why even bother.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Interesting twist at the end, although how does that actually work? lol

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That Dragon has a potty mouth.
Bleeped twice for saying fuck, yet Quentin is able to say it without a problem moments later. Is a Dragon someone's trigger?

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
They are censoring all the 'fucks', it's just sometimes the muted portion is quick enough that your brain still hears the whole word. I watched it after reading these comments, so i was looking for it and they were all censored.
Renard says it in the office too, but his face is off screen I believe. So, I wasn't expecting it without seeing his lips move and I 'heard' the whole word that time until I rewound it.

I don't really understand the ending, why aren't they able to take both shades with them? Or, why can't she just absorb her shade back in while there and then bring alice's back with her? I guess they might need to do a ritual to re-attach it, but I still don't see what was stopping them taking both shades with them up the elevator.

The Gods stuff is interesting, guessing that's a direction we are going for future seasons. Exploring some of the Gods that existed, and Persephone is obviously showing up at some point.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I think the concept they are going with is you can only go back as one full person, two people enter and two people leave. You can't bring out 2.5 or something?

Really just a way to create some tension and problems in the future. She never gets her shade back in the books from what I recall but it has been a while.

• 1Like

Maul

Dental Dammer
Just started binge watching the first season. On episode 7 right now and it seems that if you don't give this show your undivided attention, it's hard to make sense of anything. The main group of 4 just turned into geese (I think) and flew to Antarctica where some weird Russian guy is conducting trials. I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

I get that the show is hard to follow, if you're a fucking gibbering retarded cunt that is.

• 1Like

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Her behavior is silly. She somehow acts in the interest of others when her capacity for sympathy and empathy aren't there. She feels bad about her inability to feel bad about her actions. How? What? Wat? Sigh. I just want to see her naked, a lot.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
She feels bad about her inability to feel bad about her actions. How? What? Wat? Sigh. I just want to see her naked, a lot.

She did say something about having to "remember" how to act or some such. But, I agree, it's silly because if you don't give a shit then you're not going to give a shit.

Anyway, them bringing back Alice's shade will be interesting. I assume they will attempt to reintegrate the shade into Niffin Alice.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, Alice was looking for the shade in one of the alternate realities. So maybe they'll get lucky. And hell, maybe the dragon can send them back a second time for Julia's real shade.

• 1Like