The Mandalorian

Fucker

Log Wizard
i'm not going to argue that KK has NO IDEA what's going on with mando, but it's inherently clear that favreau has creative control. executive producer and showrunner are two very different positions. in a lot of cases, the executive producer doesn't have anything to do with the product itself, they are the ones that basically bankroll it. they find the funds for the show/movie and deal with a lot of the logistics. now, there are PLENTY of examples where the executive producer has direct oversight, specifically because if they are paying for it then they want it to be a certain thing.

but again, it's abundantly clear that mandalorian is very much favreau's style and it has zero of KK's flavor in it. whether that means there's some deal that favreau made or that KK has been told by igar to be hands off, we don't know.
It's a good thing she has nothing to do with it. It would be trash otherwise.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
You can't say that KK is fire-proof because she has some secret blackmail shit on people and then think that they are running around spending money/making all these decisions without her knowledge. If that were the case Disney would just can her.
If those last movies didn't get her fired, nothing will.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
my take on the girl power moment is that it didn't FEEL like a girl power moment. every character had something to do and what they were doing felt normal for their character. it just happened to be that the "distraction team" was all girls. it was something that was talked about and planned on before it happened and for those characters, it made sense.

as opposed to say, the A-Force shot in the last avengers... half those characters never even met, logistically they were ALL over the battlefield but then, hol' up a minute, i need to go pose over here with my wamyn. the reason that shot didn't work is because it was CLEARLY pandering. just like that retarded use of "i'm just a girl" in captain marvel.

we've all said it before. no one ever had a problem with ripley or sarah conner (prior to the last terminator) because the characters themselves were written well. they did things that made sense for who they are, they stood up to people and things that despite being significantly outmatched and acted HEROICALLY. no one wants to watch rey anymore because she's not a hero. she's max level running around in the newbie zone.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Is there anything in the Star Wars universe that’s stronger than Jedi and Siths? Luke took out a whole platoon of those Dark Troopers without breaking a sweat and Mando barely defeated one and he’s no push over.

Nonetheless was a great episode. Loved seeing Luke make a comeback as a bad ass.

• 1Like

j00t

Is there anything in the Star Wars universe that’s stronger than Jedi and Siths? Luke took out a whole platoon of those Dark Troopers without breaking a sweat and Mando barely defeated one and he’s no push over.

Nonetheless was a great episode. Loved seeing Luke make a comeback as a bad ass.
There are a bunch of creatures in the legends stuff that were pretty dangerous for Jedi/sith. Couple of creatures specifically fed off the force so generally they were higher on the food chain. As far as what we've seen in current canon? Probably just krayt dragons

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

In Lucas canon, there are absolutely beings more powerful.

Like Marvel comics powerful (thanos type beings)-- and would probably make for some good MCU type of movies some day down the road. But it was never fully explored or realized. Lucas had all that written out, but it doesn't mean much with him not doing the creative for Star Wars anymore.

Lucas plan would have established a MCUDC franchise far more than the sequel trilogy we got did, to say the least. That is the irony of Kennedy discarding his outlines and creative. Marvel is hot right now, and Lucas ideas were Marvel-tier stuff. They completely fucked this franchise up.

j00t

i mean, lucas had some absolutely bonkers ideas that would have killed off the series as well. just, in completely different ways.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i there some back story where the chick mandos really hate boba?

i mean, theyre picking on an old man, that i guess makes you fat if you stay in the sarlac pit
RKnXOt2THQnzI4vZov5cmQnRJwsBytbo8gpqAoC7lT9gmhWK19r3gwLcKSIySJ3e2NdZA_yg6Kdff3AmFyBj9qZQDsqr-xV6E1Js_i255-pRW6Ej8rK3WMD25JqB0iE8wagaVUP6ryqrgpJ-okal-KxSIGIUlbMBwFw

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
i there some back story where the chick mandos really hate boba?

i mean, theyre picking on an old man, that i guess makes you fat if you stay in the sarlac pit
RKnXOt2THQnzI4vZov5cmQnRJwsBytbo8gpqAoC7lT9gmhWK19r3gwLcKSIySJ3e2NdZA_yg6Kdff3AmFyBj9qZQDsqr-xV6E1Js_i255-pRW6Ej8rK3WMD25JqB0iE8wagaVUP6ryqrgpJ-okal-KxSIGIUlbMBwFw
These are the Mandalorian pure-blood Nobility; Djin is a Deathwatch foundling but an honorable one. Boba and Jango Fett (Jango being a foundling himself) are famous servants of the Empire, the same Empire that broke up and drove the Mandalorians off their home world. Jango is the even more famous pater/template of the clone warriors, and Boba his ne'er do well, Bounty hunter son who worked for Criminal Syndicates and Darth Vader, his so-far-honorable turn in the Mandolorian not withstanding (the epilogue/after credit scene with Bib Fortuna shows this to be more accurate than I would have hoped). Of course there would be no love lost there. My Rebels/Clone Wars knowledge is sketchy, so maybe there is a direct link between them but what I know is enough to have them look down on Boba in a way that would bring out the worst in them.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
These are the Mandalorian pure-blood Nobility; Djin is a Deathwatch foundling but an honorable one. Boba and Jango Fett (Jango being a foundling himself) are famous servants of the Empire, the same Empire that broke up and drove the Mandalorians off their home world. Jango is the even more famous pater/template of the clone warriors, and Boba his ne'er do well, Bounty hunter son who worked for Criminal Syndicates and Darth Vader, his so-far-honorable turn in the Mandolorian not withstanding (the epilogue/after credit scene with Bib Fortuna shows this to be more accurate than I would have hoped). Of course there would be no love lost there. My Rebels/Clone Wars knowledge is sketchy, so maybe there is a direct link between them but what I know is enough to have them look down on Boba in a way that would bring out the worst in them.
They also know Boba is a clone.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
There are a bunch of creatures in the legends stuff that were pretty dangerous for Jedi/sith. Couple of creatures specifically fed off the force so generally they were higher on the food chain. As far as what we've seen in current canon? Probably just krayt dragons
Ysalmiri and force Doug's.

Last edited:

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The Jedi and the Force are a big Deus ex Machina plot device. It allows them to consistently fill in cracks of the story that otherwise wouldn't make sense. Its at the point where you practically can do it for the writers without them even having to mention it. How did Luke find Grogu? He used the Force! See? They didn't even have to say the lines in the show. We're used to it.

Hopefully with Grogu gone it gets back to the non-Force type of show. The Jedi/Sith stuff has its fanboy moments, but there is soooo much more to the Star Wars universe that gets overshadowed whenever a Force user shows up.

• 1Garbage

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I figured Luke found Grogu because in the previous episode he used that Jedi mountain temple or whatever to contact him.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
The Jedi and the Force are a big Deus ex Machina plot device. It allows them to consistently fill in cracks of the story that otherwise wouldn't make sense. Its at the point where you practically can do it for the writers without them even having to mention it. How did Luke find Grogu? He used the Force! See? They didn't even have to say the lines in the show. We're used to it.

Hopefully with Grogu gone it gets back to the non-Force type of show. The Jedi/Sith stuff has its fanboy moments, but there is soooo much more to the Star Wars universe that gets overshadowed whenever a Force user shows up.

I'm not a star wars nerd but i'm guessing when he was abducted- the huge blue light beam sitting on the stone sending a message to all other Jedi in the universe thing helped luke locate him. I guess that got him close enough and then he could sense the "bad people" and other force users within a certain proximity.

• 2Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
It was a good finale. I am personally not a fan of loss of age technology as it never looks real and the actor facial expression are weird.

I was very impressed by Rosario Dawson as Asoka.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The moment he opened his fake mouth and the words didn't sync up to his lips they lost my old bitter ass. I looked over at my 8 year old son and he was loving that shit, so I guess they got what they were going for and I need to suck it the fuck up.

• 2Edgelord
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
bo Kattan will not accept the sword..BECAUSE Sabine gave it to her......and subsequently LOST it to gidean/whomever...

Previously -supposedly only won from battle. Now the belief, now reinforced by her loss previously, is that she HAS to win in battle or be a "fake"...

Loved the episode. And blind waves reaction vid was awesone

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users