The Mandalorian

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
God damn this was so good! Im excited for season 3 and the Boba Fett show.

Payton Reed and Jon Favreau were probably just jerking off on each other so hard with this episode being basically a Star Wars and Iron Man mash up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

i'm happy for more star wars but it definitely feels like Disney is gonna run this shit into the ground again, oh well

thats what now

- Boba Fett show
- Ahsoka show
- some Rangers show (Cara Dune?)
- Obi Wan show
- Andor show
- The Acolyte (??)
- Rogue Squadron
- Bad Batch (clone troopers post ROTJ)
- Lando show?
- anime "Visions" show
- animated droids show

in addition to movies by Taika Waititi and a Rogue Squadron movie by Patti Jenkins

also makes you wonder what they have planned for Marvel, Star Wars felt kinda dead until Mandalorian while MCU leading into EndGame feels bigger and stronger than ever.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
honestly, it sounds like a split of shows from JF and KK. Boba show wasnt announced because KK didnt know about it until we all did.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
honestly, it sounds like a split of shows from JF and KK. Boba show wasnt announced because KK didnt know about it until we all did.
What? Lmao. They didn't announce it because it would have spoiled the end credit scene. You need to lay off the conspiracy youtubers. If you think they are hiding productions from Kennedy you are bonkers. Shit is currently in production/filming. It isn't a secret.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What? Lmao. They didn't announce it because it would have spoiled the end credit scene. You need to lay off the conspiracy youtubers. If you think they are hiding productions from Kennedy you are bonkers. Shit is currently in production/filming. It isn't a secret.
KK supposedly has no say in Mando stuff.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You can't say that KK is fire-proof because she has some secret blackmail shit on people and then think that they are running around spending money/making all these decisions without her knowledge. If that were the case Disney would just can her.

Juvarisx

Florida
Some of those are one off's. I think the Obi Won and Boba Fett shows will be like those Marvel shows that are meant to be a movie in show form. I imagine the Lando show will be like that too as they are calling it an event series. I don't mind it that way as it doesnt oversaturate the market and gives the shows to have a proper storyline and ending, besides it will let them get creative like Wandavision and Loki

Fadaar

That guy
Doomcock was pretty spot on with the movie stuff but TV not so much. All that ruckus with Pedro Pascal being upset about never taking his helmet off? Some of the best scenes from this season were him with his helmet off.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You can't say that KK is fire-proof because she has some secret blackmail shit on people and then think that they are running around spending money/making all these decisions without her knowledge. If that were the case Disney would just can her.
Iger took over for ep 9. Favraeux answers to him.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Iger took over for ep 9. Favraeux answers to him.
None of that shit was ever corroborated by any parties involved. Kathleen Kennedy has been executive producer on every episode of Mandalorian. Know who's name isn't listed anywhere? Iger.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I love that Rogue One's Vader scene is now an antithesis to Luke. Just a full flex of power.

I generally hate things jedi/sith related, but definitely was beyond hyped. I'm hoping we get some 1313 out of Boba Tea series, him on that throne was mmm.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
None of that shit was ever corroborated by any parties involved. Kathleen Kennedy has been executive producer on every episode of Mandalorian. Know who's name isn't listed anywhere? Iger.
exec producer means nothing. guess how many Marvel movies Stan Lee produces?

• 2Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
exec producer means nothing. guess how many Marvel movies Stan Lee produces?
You realize that Stan Lee gets an honorary Exec. Producer credit for every movie/show that uses his created characters right? It was in his contract with Marvel. That is completely different than working Executive Producers. The are the ones that deal with the money part of production. Goes hand in hand with KK being the freaking President of Lucasfilm.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i'm not going to argue that KK has NO IDEA what's going on with mando, but it's inherently clear that favreau has creative control. executive producer and showrunner are two very different positions. in a lot of cases, the executive producer doesn't have anything to do with the product itself, they are the ones that basically bankroll it. they find the funds for the show/movie and deal with a lot of the logistics. now, there are PLENTY of examples where the executive producer has direct oversight, specifically because if they are paying for it then they want it to be a certain thing.

but again, it's abundantly clear that mandalorian is very much favreau's style and it has zero of KK's flavor in it. whether that means there's some deal that favreau made or that KK has been told by igar to be hands off, we don't know.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i'm not going to argue that KK has NO IDEA what's going on with mando, but it's inherently clear that favreau has creative control. executive producer and showrunner are two very different positions. in a lot of cases, the executive producer doesn't have anything to do with the product itself, they are the ones that basically bankroll it. they find the funds for the show/movie and deal with a lot of the logistics. now, there are PLENTY of examples where the executive producer has direct oversight, specifically because if they are paying for it then they want it to be a certain thing.

but again, it's abundantly clear that mandalorian is very much favreau's style and it has zero of KK's flavor in it. whether that means there's some deal that favreau made or that KK has been told by igar to be hands off, we don't know.
yes of course, the why doesnt really matter so much, because the results speak volumes. this is not a KK production. you can tell she has nothing to do with the creation of this show or hirings and firings. since we have a few minutes til season 3, nothing wrong with some speculation.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Mandalorian has a pretty diverse cast. Also Filoni and Favreau have no problems with girl power... They just do it in a way where it's not forced on you. We just had a final episode where 4 female characters took over a starship. KK has no reason to step in and force more stuff into the show.

• 1Solidarity

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
So when does the Grogu series start? lol
Lots of theory/speculation out there that Grogu is basically the anchor character to almost everything they have planned in the short term, even rumored stuff set hundreds of years after the OT.

• 2Like
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 2 users