The Mandalorian

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
which of the other 8 planets do you reside in? b/c it's not earth

DSy9zoy.jpg

Literally their writing staff for the novel-series actively talks about whiteness and the extremist kind of social justice rhetoric. But moderate views on the other side need to be censored for "extremism".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Personally, no, I don't think people would stop watching unless she became quite vocal or extreme. I'm not talking about me though, I'm saying it is Disney's perception that moving forward with her would not be worth the cost. Disney isn't a liberal bastion, they're a fuckng sweatshop, they're the living embodiment of the term "wealth gap".

yes, I'm just saying that if it's "just about money", how Disney's "perception" arrived at the conclusion that this act would make them money, or save them from losing money? I'm convinced the math doesn't work in their favor, unless one throws in a large wildcard value/variable for "Immune to criticism about fascist versions of Lion King in China due to woke shield".

The reality is for companies this rich-- uber rich-- it's actually worth taking the small financial loss imho if it makes you immune to larger macro criticism of how you run your business.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Every other Hollywood faggot can scream Nazi at conservatives, but the moment an actual correlation between Nazism and the leftist movement is made suddenly it’s “abhorrent behavior”.

Suck my fucking dick you leftist hypocrites.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Literally their writing staff for the novel-series actively talks about whiteness and the extremist kind of social justice rhetoric. But moderate views on the other side need to be censored for "extremism".
Theyre all hypocrites. Until the boots they happily agree with is on their face they wont realize how wrong they are.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't think you're necessarily wrong and I don't think Disney was super smart here, but I'm just explaining why the whole brand she's associating herself with is toxic and something she was likely warned against and then ultimately actioned.

The fact that her acting is not good certain does not help her case.

You keep framing this in brands. Disney works with a country committing systemic genocide. It is actively lobbying to prevent the state department from labeling mass rape and actual concentration camps as acts of genocide so it doesn't lose market access.

Are you saying those dirty DRUMPFERS are worse than that?

Its not about "brand", its about their political enemies and finding excuses to remove them from any platform.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I don't think you're necessarily wrong and I don't think Disney was super smart here, but I'm just explaining why the whole brand she's associating herself with is toxic and something she was likely warned against and then ultimately actioned.

Actually, her constant trickle-up weight gain and an increasing dependency on Restylane and Juvaderm might have eventually ended things for her without Disney's intervention. Her face is starting to look like every chick on "Real Housewives of X" as they reach season three and suddenly think that ten grand in facial fillers will further catapult their careers.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

what do you have against Gina? she's the prettiest girl in all of MMA and was undefeated until she fought a she-man, then got sad and spent a bit too much time at the buffett, chunked up but still got gigs in hollywood, and aside from the 3ppl that train in bjj, she could kick everyones ass on the board.

most female mma fighters are pro team lesbo too!

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The socially awkward lesbian shut in is suggesting we "read the room". Just let that all sink in for a moment.

But its not as bad as Chaos sticking to his IOOTI routine and acting like Disney has not been injecting woke shit into every crevice it could, even at the expense of money. Remember A Stich in Time or the fucking Captain Marvel movie with Tree Larson going on feminist rants? Selective amnesia is a hell of a drug.
You're correct. Disney has intentionally positioned themselves as a left-of-center brand. She intentionally deviated from that branding, was likely warned ahead of time, and was actioned for it.

This is not really about politics as much as it is about brand management.

• 1Picard
  • 1Pathetic

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Because his post isn't going to lose them money while her posts could.

So just to be clear, you think the whiny libtards who bullied Disney to kick her to the curb are paying for Disney Services? And not the conservatives who would be angered by their move?

I respectfully disagree.

Yeah, see, this is what I mean. Disney doesn't want people to be associating their show with this debate. They want to be on the most conservative side possible. yes, public safety, we love children and olds, now consume. That is all they want. You guys keep telling them how wrong they are and that no, people DO want them involved in this debate. And then they made billions of dollars.

By firing her they inserted themselves into the conversation. What they had before was a bunch of people who probably aren't even customers trying to drag them into it. They really fucked up if they're worried about money. They'll have 10x the cancellations because of this bullshit than they would if they would just ignore it. Thing is, the people who made that decision think Disney already has enough money. Like 0 said. At a certain point, you've made enough $$

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
which of the other 8 planets do you reside in? b/c it's not earth

DSy9zoy.jpg

they are the instigators
Yeah, that worked out great for them. Went from all the fan goodwill you could have to a smoldering pile of rubble.

But that isn't what I meant. I meant all this other stuff. The mask stuff, election stuff, etc. They don't want to be involved in that, or at least don't want the perception to be that they are involved in that.

This is the future that capitalists wanted!

• 1Seriously?

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You're correct. Disney has intentionally positioned themselves as a left-of-center brand. She intentionally deviated from that branding, was likely warned ahead of time, and was actioned for it.

This is not really about politics as much as it is about brand management.
This has nothing to do with politics? You are so fucking naive to how large corporations function.

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Imagine being so naive that you're still thinking that this kind of political activism from corps in 2021 is based around "brand", "revenue" or "profit".

Facebook, Twitter and others have shown that they have no problem taking hits to their brand, losing users, losing subscribers, losing revenue if they can promote their political agenda.

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Imagine being so naive that you're still thinking that this kind of political activism from corps in 2021 is based around "brand", "revenue" or "profit".

Facebook, Twitter and others have shown that they have no problem taking hits to their brand, losing users, losing subscribers, losing revenue if they can promote their political agenda.
Multinational corporations worth hundreds of billions to trillions of dollars have no long term goals or plans and the business choices their high level executives make are done willy nilly with no thought about how it aligns with their long term goals.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

They have shareholders. They are legally beholden to those shareholders to make those shareholders as much money as possible.

You're wrong.

• 1Pathetic

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Star Wars did such a good job in managing their brand that this punk move transcended their shitty nu-star wars films and is now a broad political discussion, being discussed across various genres by normies and #cancel disney+ has been trending on twitter ever since. every bit of goodwill they generated with the mando show, including CGIwalker in the s2 finale is gone. everything reset back to The Last Jedi now. fuck these people.

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Multinational corporations worth hundreds of billions to trillions of dollars have no long term goals or plans and the business choices their high level executives make are done willy nilly with no thought about how it aligns with their long term goals.

Twitter banned a user with 80,000,000+ followers who singlehandedly saved their platform from the 30 quarters of red ink they've been living in.

"brand"

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
They have shareholders. They are legally beholden to those shareholders to make those shareholders as much money as possible.

You're wrong.

LMAO, shut the fuck up you dumb lesbian.

Political power and ingratiation to one ruling party beats out whatever the fucking "shareholders" think. Like Zuckerberg gives a fuck about shareholder concerns as he bans every right wing page, right wing advertising, right wing users, etc.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity