The Mandalorian

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Im not particularly surprised Gina got fired, I hoped she wouldnt but the writing has been on the wall for a while. Hollywood is beholden to woke culture.

I keep seeing people bring up Gunn, and how him being rehired means much of anything. Yes, Disney rehired him, because what he was fired for happened like 10 years ago. But remember that in order for him to be rehired, he had to have gotten fired in the first place. Someone at Disney decided that even though his tweets were many years ago, they still have a weight to them. But then because a bunch of Hollywood a-listers complained, they rehired him, basically announcing that what Gunn tweeted years ago DOESNT actually matter anymore. Which is it? Are you going to hold your ground or cave in to the mob.

Obviously we know the answer and Disney isnt changing anytime soon.

Nothing Gina said was "controversial" in the slightest. What made it controversial is how the woke crowd responded to it. Gina stuck to her guns, decided not to cowtow and they came for her.dianeywas only going to protect her from so much.

I'm sure Disney "politely requested" Gina knock it off but again, she didn't say or do anything wrong. "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, you plant yourself like a tree by the river of truth and you tell them, 'no, you move.'"

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, you plant yourself like a tree by the river of truth and you tell them, 'no, you move.'"
giphy.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
BLM set a trap for and assassinated a dozen police officers. They killed 30 people in riots, burning a man alive even. Who was crucified for supporting BLM?

You can't justify your hypocrisy. If a riot in the capital in an insurrection, then Liberals were in the midst of one for weeks over the summer. Oh, but I forgot, we're playing the game where words magically change meaning depending on when you need to defend the indefensible. So lets just start with who was crucified for supporting an organization that literally killed people to incite terror.
Personally, I think the police should have immediately arrested, and shot with lethal force where necessary, any protestors out after curfew in any of those cities, if those protestors were engaged in any kind of violent behavior that could endanger other people. What actually happened is that the police in many cases let the violence spread. Opportunists used that chaos to kill cops.

None of this is directly comparable to a bunch of insurrectionists under the direct orders of the President of the United States storming the Capitol to execute the government, but I'm against the use of violence in both cases.

And for the people refusing to accept what actually happened when the Capitol Police were overwhelmed:

Last edited:
  • 2Garbage
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Im not particularly surprised Gina got fired, I hoped she wouldnt but the writing has been on the wall for a while. Hollywood is beholden to woke culture.

I keep seeing people bring up Gunn, and how him being rehired means much of anything. Yes, Disney rehired him, because what he was fired for happened like 10 years ago. But remember that in order for him to be rehired, he had to have gotten fired in the first place. Someone at Disney decided that even though his tweets were many years ago, they still have a weight to them. But then because a bunch of Hollywood a-listers complained, they rehired him, basically announcing that what Gunn tweeted years ago DOESNT actually matter anymore. Which is it? Are you going to hold your ground or cave in to the mob.

Obviously we know the answer and Disney isnt changing anytime soon.

Nothing Gina said was "controversial" in the slightest. What made it controversial is how the woke crowd responded to it. Gina stuck to her guns, decided not to cowtow and they came for her.dianeywas only going to protect her from so much.

I'm sure Disney "politely requested" Gina knock it off but again, she didn't say or do anything wrong. "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, you plant yourself like a tree by the river of truth and you tell them, 'no, you move.'"
no gunn was fired b/c cunts thought they had unlimited power w/ the metoo

b/c they were going in a bloody feeding frenzy for this to happen in the next month

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't want to be offensive--but have you actually read what she wrote yet?

She didn't say anyone was guilty, it was a generalized statement that people who are convinced to hate their neighbor can allow unspeakable things to happen. It applies to everyone. That's not controversial at all--its literally just a history lesson, because its accurate. That's EXACTLY what happened. Hitler went on a campaign dehumanizing the Jews and saying they were a secret cabal that worked together to keep the german worker down (In fact, his rhetoric was almost exactly what White Privilege is today--their success was evidence of their culpability in the 'conspiracy' to oppress Germans).

But regardless, she didn't direct it at anyone, it can apply to either side--and its a statement about division.

You already got linked Pedro using Nazis comparisons, so did most of Hollywood. Do you want me to dig up a bunch of quotes saying red-hats are effectively the new Swastika? (Hell, Spike Lee said Trump is worse than Hitler--so did a few other actors I can go find)

So even when directed (And thus controversial), Disney doesn't fire people for Nazi comparisons. But in this case, it lacked controversy because it literally wasn't comparing anyone to Nazis--it was warning us about the growing political divide.
But Disney clearly does fire people for Nazi references, they just did. You're pointing out inconsistencies in their HR policy. If you want to lobby to get Pedro fired I don't think that's the right move either.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
But not Pedro. Wonder why? Rules for me but not for thee.
Because his post isn't going to lose them money while her posts could.

Holy fuck, are you just stupid?

If you think corporations do anything for any reason other than the bottom line, you certainly are.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So you think all decisions on what is acceptable should be made on the amount of money that will come your way?

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
whew. Good thing you were able to narrowly tailor that to only include public safety measures.
Yeah, see, this is what I mean. Disney doesn't want people to be associating their show with this debate. They want to be on the most conservative side possible. yes, public safety, we love children and olds, now consume. That is all they want. You guys keep telling them how wrong they are and that no, people DO want them involved in this debate. And then they made billions of dollars.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, see, this is what I mean. Disney doesn't want people to be associating their show with this debate. They want to be on the most conservative side possible. yes, public safety, we love children and olds, now consume. That is all they want. You guys keep telling them how wrong they are and that no, people DO want them involved in this debate. And then they made billions of dollars.
If any of that were remotely true they would have clamped down on Pedro and Bill Burr never would have been allowed to set foot on the Disney lot. You are full of shit.

• 2Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pedro's a refugee bigot. His name is like literally right on the Statue of Liberty.
With all do respect, it seems like Mist might be a better Jew than you are. I guess we are idiots and commies for wanting fairness when she is out there pushing for unchecked capitalism. What a twist!

Also I think Amod Amod should probably put the last few pages of this thread into the Fuck Disney thread, honestly.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
So you think all decisions on what is acceptable should be made on the amount of money that will come your way?
That is literally a corporation's sole job and the officers of the company can be removed by the shareholders and sued into oblivion if they do not pursue it.

How do you think any of this works?

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm not a big fan of Doomcock, but apparently he's saying there is more to the story.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
If any of that were remotely true they would have clamped down on Pedro and Bill Burr never would have been allowed to set foot on the Disney lot. You are full of shit.
If Pedro Pascal or Bill Burr cost them one red fucking cent they would be out on their asses. Again, you're choosing not to see it.

Like I said, she made her choice. If you're right and Disney's wrong then she'll come out of this all the better and Disney will be humbled and brought low.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Personally, I think the police should have immediately arrested, and shot with lethal force where necessary, any protestors out after curfew in any of those cities, if those protestors were engaged in any kind of violent behavior that could endanger other people. What actually happened is that the police in many cases let the violence spread. Opportunists used that chaos to kill cops.

None of this is directly comparable to a bunch of insurrectionists under the direct orders of the President of the United States storming the Capitol to execute the government, but I'm against the use of violence in both cases.

And for the people refusing to accept what actually happened when the Capitol Police were overwhelmed:

Cop's family already came out and said the riot didn't kill him, he had an underlying condition. Even CNN is starting to admit he wasn't killed by the rioters. But of course, the hypocrisy of the left knows no ends--so they will support a group that literally assassinates cops one month, and then use fake news to try and blame Trump supporters for a cop's death.

Can you show me where Trump ordered them to attack the capital? I can link you where he said lets peacefully exercise our right to protest. I'll drill through your fake news as fast as you try to kick it up. Because right now, the difference in the riots was that no one from BLM was killed--while the cops caused the death of 4 Trump supporters (Shooting an unarmed woman point blank).

• 3Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That is literally a corporation's sole job and the officers of the company can be removed by the shareholders and sued into oblivion if they do not pursue it.

How do you think any of this works?
First of all are you ok with this morally and ethically? Second of all, if thats the case with Disney then how does Last Jedi happen?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I reported one of Mist's posts and hopefully she'll be forcefully opted back in to the Politics subforum where all this garbage belongs.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
But Disney clearly does fire people for Nazi references, they just did. You're pointing out inconsistencies in their HR policy. If you want to lobby to get Pedro fired I don't think that's the right move either.

Which is the problem. No one would care if all companies had a blanket policy they enforced to avoid drama. What people care about is the hypocrisy where about 50% of America is being targeted overtly and being silenced, while the other half is given a bull horn.

You and Mist are essentially saying "if you fucking conservatives would just know your place and not speak, we'd all be fine". It goes against every ideal this country is founded on; it wasn't right when conservatives did it to the left during the Hollywood black list era and its not right now. People who defend this, are terrible. They are, as you say "gross".

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Like I said, she made her choice.
Exactly. There's no way she wasn't warned.

I swear that most people who claim victim-status of being 'cancelled' by the liberal media for their views are actually just doing this as a leveraged bet that they can make more (or at least easier) money pandering to 'conservatives' in their alternate media ecosystem.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard
  • 1Garbage