The Mandalorian

Fadaar

That guy
Fun season, but the finale just felt too... clean?

Eh think of it like other franchises that continue when they didn't really need to. John Wick could have been a perfect standalone movie with how it ended but they keep building more and more around it. Hell even the original Star Wars was like that despite whatever shit George made up afterward. It's a nice closing but there's always the option to return, and they undoubtedly will.

Cybsled

It acts as a soft reset button as well. It lets Mando and Grogu go on "badguy of the week" adventures that can be bottle episodes and puts them in a better position for cameos or crossovers.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This season is so disjointed. Feels like they had 3 different routes and then said fuck, We're going back to our roots.

It's the same with Book of boba

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
While I did enjoy this season, and the show itself overall. Djin is fairly bland character overall. The best part of the show has often been what happens around him, rather than what happens to him if that makes any sense.

Also Grogu has run it's course, it did a long time ago if you ask me. It's limiting the show in many ways. Also, the puppet is just awful anytime it has to move, it's too stiff. The face animations are decent but arms, and body just sucks.

I like where the show ended, him back as a bounty hunter with a home to get back to, and friends all over that he can call upon as needed. Go back to adventure of the week, I think that's the best format for this show and character.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
He literally crushes the dark saber, so he definitely had some power assist in that

I watched it with subtitles and throughout the whole fight it was all "<mechanical suit whirring>" type of subtitles so definitely the suit is power assisted to explain why some guy in his 50s is crushing lightsabers and throwing mando like a ragdoll

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I also really liked this finale, I think the action sequences were done well and all the sequences of mandos doing ship drops like its Starship Troopers or flying in squadrons with their jetpacks was great to see.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
is mof gideon supposed to be an awesome villian in the cartoons? and gus is just horrible?
there is no moff gideon in the cartoons. he's an original character for this show

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
While I did enjoy this season, and the show itself overall. Djin is fairly bland character overall. The best part of the show has often been what happens around him, rather than what happens to him if that makes any sense.

Also Grogu has run it's course, it did a long time ago if you ask me. It's limiting the show in many ways. Also, the puppet is just awful anytime it has to move, it's too stiff. The face animations are decent but arms, and body just sucks.

I like where the show ended, him back as a bounty hunter with a home to get back to, and friends all over that he can call upon as needed. Go back to adventure of the week, I think that's the best format for this show and character.
They correctly realized that baby Yoda needed to move on or this story was in jeopardy of growing stale. Then they abruptly changed course because one of the idiots at Lucasfilm thought a character had to be in a show for merch to sell. So they brought the puppet back.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

The edge lords bitching about this season need to go back and watch season one again. This is on par with that material, at least. The biggest issues this season were that the side characters were not as strong (no Cara Dune, Mayfield, Boba and assassin team, ect) and for the third fucking season in a row we had the same bad guy. Last season was probably the best, overall, and gave us the fan service of the Luke thing at the end which we did not really get here. A brief Thrawn tease would have gone a long way to add some of that hype back.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The edge lords bitching about this season need to go back and watch season one again. This is on par with that material, at least. The biggest issues this season were that the side characters were not as strong (no Cara Dune, Mayfield, Boba and assassin team, ect) and for the third fucking season in a row we had the same bad guy. Last season was probably the best, overall, and gave us the fan service of the Luke thing at the end which we did not really get here. A brief Thrawn tease would have gone a long way to add some of that hype back.
season 1 led to something. finding a home for baby Yoda and his origins. season 2 they did just that. season 3 they brought it back and ended with where they started in season 1. is it edgelord to not be overwhelmed about that? and at least season 1 had bounty hunting.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This season was the retaking of Mandalore and Grogu maturing into an apprentice. Not seeing some vast difference here. Its basically a serial Western show and we have gotten a lot of that. Do you not remember him spending a third of the first season trying to put his fucking ship back together? I dig you Astro, but you really are the Jim Cramer of entertainment critics.

• 2Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone else feel like they made jetpacks gay in that finale?

Like its always been a tool used to augment the rough and tumble fighting style of mandalorians. They use blasters, vibro knives, flame throwers, grappling hooks, rocket punches. Jet packs give them options in combat, added momentum to punches, quick jumps to get to high ground, escape options, etc. Like every fight involving a mando they show off the versatility of the jetpack in combat. They also go out of their way to show the limitations of jetpacks, running out of fuel chasing the pterodactyl earlier this season, etc.

But then axe uses his jetpack to go from a cave below the surface of mandalore to rocket through the atmosphere and reach fucking ships in orbit? Ignoring math and physics and shit about how escape velocity works and how impossible that would be, because fuck it its not science fiction its wizards in space, but seriously wtf. And he still has enough fuel left to fly away from the cruiser after setting it up to crash into the base?

Also wtf do you guys even bother with drop ships if every mando with a jetpack can just fly from space down to the planets surface and still have enough fuel to have a full own aerial melee battle like some sort of cheap anime? Wtf is the purpose of those ships? They boarded them from space in the upper atmosphere and rode them for about 5000 feet of descent and then flew the rest of the way using jetpacks. It clearly isnt about fuel conservation because jet packs only need fuel when plot says so, it isnt about maneuvering or element of surprise.

The only logical reason they use drop ships according to the rules established this episode is because their butt itches or they needed a second to adjust their armor or catch up on email or something.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Inconsistencies of power and tech is a problem that permeates scifi in general, but has always been an issue in Star Wars. Writers used to be much better about it (TNG to Enterprise era trek had actual technical writers bibles) but its still a constant issue that can break immersion or even ruin the entire story (Mary Poppins Leiah anyone?) even if it makes something cool visually happen (Holdo hyperkamakazie, ect). Unfortunately the level of attention to detail to maintain consistency is not something writers have given a shit about for at least a decade, outside of rare gem exceptions like The Expanse. I get that realism is boring, but it would be nice if the fake rules remained consistent instead of shifting to whatever the writer needs to make the story happen.

• 2Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Tony Stark-tek jetpacks were lol. And a capitol ship crashing into your lair would have annihilated everyone and everything in the base but instead power didn't even blink the bay lights..

Otherwise I liked it. Glad they fixed IG-88 for next season.

• 3Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
My memory is a little hazy so i could be mistaken, but wasn't the plot of one of season 1 episodes, you know the episode where they introduced bo katan and axe and all them, was about a freighter heist?

Like they specifically called out the limitations of jet packs combined with the time required for a freighter to reach orbit gave them a very specific, very narrow intercept window and they needed dins help because it would take 5 mandos to pull it off, not 4?

Edit: thank you. Tony stark jet packs is exactly the idea i was circling around but failed to put into words. That finale fight looked like some avenger shit rather than mandalorians.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The heist of the Imp cruiser (same one Axe lawn darted in the last ep) was a season two episode. Season one did not really have a lot of space stuff outside of the rescue the murder hobo from Republic jail episode.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I generally don't get bent out of shape regardless of how lacklustre an episode is but I have to admit to being a little fucked off with the stupidity of the scene with the praetorians chasing around Grogu. We just saw them being portrayed as badasses in the last episode and they used Paz as a sacrificial lamb to prove that point. I liked that character and they just cheapened the shit out of his death by having those red helmets derping around the room trying to slice merch-puppet-baby.

• 3Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Season was mediocre. Last episode was good, but not great. It just stood out against a bad background. S2E7 showed off the very best of what this show can do, and was amazing. Nothing this season even came within parsecs of being as good as that episode was at its worst.