The Mandalorian

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
damn the armorer is hot, that voice especially

also seriously how do you go through life with the last name swallow

She's pretty funny also. During the Grogu scene she told the set to let her know if she was appropriate with her contact because she didn't want to get MeToo'd.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Inconsistencies of power and tech is a problem that permeates scifi in general, but has always been an issue in Star Wars. Writers used to be much better about it (TNG to Enterprise era trek had actual technical writers bibles) but its still a constant issue that can break immersion or even ruin the entire story (Mary Poppins Leiah anyone?) even if it makes something cool visually happen (Holdo hyperkamakazie, ect). Unfortunately the level of attention to detail to maintain consistency is not something writers have given a shit about for at least a decade, outside of rare gem exceptions like The Expanse. I get that realism is boring, but it would be nice if the fake rules remained consistent instead of shifting to whatever the writer needs to make the story happen.
i mean in eps9 when everyone is getting wtf pwn'd by blaster fire, even tho everyone has beskar, good and bad guys, din is just leroy jenkins his way into a mass of troopers and gets captured like everyone has beskar and is getting pwn'd but din's is just better cuz it's shinier

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Based on some posts here I was hopeful this would be a good episode. While it was better than most the season it still wasn't good. I love Star Wars but it fucking kills me to see it this way. This show feels like it is produced by Carnival Cruises and not Disney. It just fucking sucks.

Season 3 is one long shark jump. The show is powerful stupid. That so many are loving it must speak to the deep desire of Star Wars nerds for content. This is the best they can do, but it’s still fucking garbage.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Season 3 is one long shark jump. The show is powerful stupid. That so many are loving it must speak to the deep desire of Star Wars nerds for content. This is the best they can do, but it’s still fucking garbage.
Hard to find a bigger Star Wars fan than me, but holy shit you have to be honest and call a spade a spade. This show sucks donkey dick.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Hard to find a bigger Star Wars fan than me, but holy shit you have to be honest and call a spade a spade. This show sucks donkey dick.

Same, and at this point rather than be excited to see my fav char ever (Thrawn) come to the screen finally, I’m just worried they’ll fuck it up as usual. Zero expectations.

I’ll be over here re-listening to the Thrawn trilogy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn’t go as far as saying it sucks donkey dick. It was definitely pretty disappointing. The show has either forgotten what made it good, or decided to take a dump on it. This season simply wasn’t worth watching.

• 1Worf

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
It makes me wish they would just stop doing live action and just do animated series like Clone Wars and Rebels. I haven't started Bad Batch yet because I am afraid of being disappointed. Is Bad Batch as good as the previous two?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn’t go as far as saying it sucks donkey dick. It was definitely pretty disappointing. The show has either forgotten what made it good, or decided to take a dump on it. This season simply wasn’t worth watching.
If anyone would know it would be you, so I will defer to your expertise on Sucking Donkey Dick Furry Furry

• 1Solidarity

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
It makes me wish they would just stop doing live action and just do animated series like Clone Wars and Rebels. I haven't started Bad Batch yet because I am afraid of being disappointed. Is Bad Batch as good as the previous two?
Bad Batch isn't as good as Clone Wars or Rebels to me. It's a step down, but still worth watching, unlike Resistance. It does show some interesting innerworkings of the early Empire, which is great. Still like Bad Batch, but don't expect it to be quite as good as Clone Wars/Rebels and you'll be fine. Like those two, it does have some stellar episodes, though.

• 1Like

Burns

Bad Batch in general or just season 3? The show in general is good, but not great. It's the Clone Wars without the Jedi, so that should be where your expectations are. The little girl (Omega) can get annoying, but I assume Filoni is trying to use the Ashoka template for her, and we are just in the first stage of that. How well you can tolerate Omega will make or break the show, because unlike Clone Wars, there is no other storyline to switch to.

As for season 3 of the Bad Batch, in particular, it had it's highs and lows, like the others. I thought it was overall better (mostly due to Empire building episodes) and Omega's character was a bit improved.

As for Mando, I found the finally entertaining enough, but the rest of the season had thoroughly squashed any expectations for it, beyond "at least it's not a KK project." I even though the action with the Grogu suit was better then expected and there is great hope that they go back to Bounty Hunting (if it's not just a misdirection). Maybe they could even do 1 hunt over a few episodes, showing various difficulties in tracking down a mark.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I doxxed myself ages ago when I posted my GoFundMe during chemotherapy.
Shame you live in the us. New stem cell therapy trial for your crooked dick over here. It's the new shit in urology it seems. It is the (s)way.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I thought the ending was fine, I actually expected it to be much worse.

Sure there is dumb shit and gripes but seemed miles above the rest of the season. at least stuff happened to move the plot along.

Still having trouble getting over the fact that the Mando culture dedicated to war and fighting seem terrible at it always.
I guess we should expect that in the world where Stormtroopers the most inept battle group in know to us hold the entire galaxy in a vice grip until a orphan teenager uses magic to shoot a bomb down a vent shaft. Mandos need to be channel some John WIck damn it.

The whole season was just one big reset. Who cares that Grogu is an apprentice and his kid, wasn't that pretty much assumed at this point?
The whole "apprentice" thing was a bit of an eye roll anyway, these are not jedi.

Oh well, back to monsters of the month next season.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I thought the ending was fine, I actually expected it to be much worse.

Sure there is dumb shit and gripes but seemed miles above the rest of the season. at least stuff happened to move the plot along.

Still having trouble getting over the fact that the Mando culture dedicated to war and fighting seem terrible at it always.
I guess we should expect that in the world where Stormtroopers the most inept battle group in know to us hold the entire galaxy in a vice grip until a orphan teenager uses magic to shoot a bomb down a vent shaft. Mandos need to be channel some John WIck damn it.

The whole season was just one big reset. Who cares that Grogu is an apprentice and his kid, wasn't that pretty much assumed at this point?
The whole "apprentice" thing was a bit of an eye roll anyway, these are not jedi.

Oh well, back to monsters of the month next season.
The reasons why the Mandalorians failed was because of infighting. They fought factions that joined the Empire. Those Super Commandos fighting for Gideon were all ex-Mandalorians. Hence the whole Mandalorians have to work together stuff during the season.

Even before the purge destroyed Mandalore they had fucked up their planet with countless civil wars.

Fadaar

That guy
I had a teacher whos last name is Wiener. He swears its pronounced "whiner". No one believes you buddy!

i had a teacher whose last name was weiner. he pronounced it weiner. dude was cool as shit, left our school and went and won a state championship in football at another school after they didnt give him the head coaching job and fuckin brought in someone from outside after the longtime varsity coach retired.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
yeah the show is mostly garbage, they cant even do the space western thing right. it all feels so hokey

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Holy garbage batman. The writing is atrocious. "i dont speak binary"? American Inventor you were just talking to the fucking droid. Base got wtfpwned? Wasnt the forge where the base was? Yet we are lighting it at the end? And a bunch of other retarded shit. So much garbage, holy crap.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
i had a teacher whose last name was weiner. he pronounced it weiner. dude was cool as shit, left our school and went and won a state championship in football at another school after they didnt give him the head coaching job and fuckin brought in someone from outside after the longtime varsity coach retired.
As Foler always said, Weiner's a Winner!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah the show is mostly garbage, they cant even do the space western thing right. it all feels so hokey
As much as I want to see it, this is why I do not want to ever see Disney restart Firefly. Just have to accept that the show will never return, as I do not want to see it wrecked like Star Wars for the most part(Andor withstanding) has been.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Rustled