The Mandalorian

Fedor

<Banned>

87ZdmYw7eIj3np3sGE9UhtIkJmMgQxpp1o3_Ba8TYmU.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Werner Herzog??? the fuck? And ol' Billy Redface????

It seriously looks pretty wicked

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Looks really fucking good.

I mean IG-88, for fucks sake! I'm already sold.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw this version of somebody recording the teaser for the mandalorian that is a lot more stable and better framed than the other copies I have seen.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Looks really fucking good.

I mean IG-88, for fucks sake! I'm already sold.

They said in an interview that its IG-11... but its clear the intent is to show the IG series as badasses.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
at this point big budget TV is probably the only way to unfuck the star wars franchise

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

is IG88 the Droid in empire that in the N64 games with "not Han solo, Han solo" guy he was a total pain in the ass to kill?

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I heard on one of the SW podcasts I listen to that each episode has a budget of 10 million. Does that even make sense? It looks fantastic though, there was another 5 minute scene shown at Celebration and the entire thing looked incredibly good...especially the IG droid rampaging with both guns out.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
is IG88 the Droid in empire that in the N64 games with "not Han solo, Han solo" guy he was a total pain in the ass to kill?

yeah, that was IG88 in shadows of the empire. dash rendar was the "not han solo" and the outrider was the "not the millennium falcon"

I heard on one of the SW podcasts I listen to that each episode has a budget of 10 million. Does that even make sense? It looks fantastic though, there was another 5 minute scene shown at Celebration and the entire thing looked incredibly good...especially the IG droid rampaging with both guns out.

initially i want to say that's way too high per episode, but isn't that fairly close to game of thrones budget?

Cybsled

Whenever they do episode budgets, they usually are just averaging out total production costs and dividing it by # of episodes.

However, when you look at the actors they have for this and the fact it will probably have movie quality special effects + sets/costumes, I could easily see 10m per episode. And ya, GoT costs about that per episode and I'm fairly certain Rome was in that realm as well.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, that's Rome & Thrones territory. Grand Tour floats about 5 million pounds per.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guess I'll be dropping Netflix. I'm so looking forward to this.

Now you can afford the few boxes of cereal that you were unable to purchase because Netflix ate into your budget so much.

There are plenty of shows I enjoy on Netflix that I get my 14 dollars a month value from. Given the cheaper cost of the streaming service for Disney, I think I can afford both.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Been over it in other threads, but 10M/per is industry standard now for a AAA major series.

HBO et al.

I'm not familiar with streaming service productions. I'd think 10M would be a gambit based on the fact they have no subscribers presently.

But for frame of reference-- Television examples,

HBO Vinyl (an unpopular black sheep HBO series) budget was 10M/per.

GoT is also 10M/per.

Westworld is also 10M/per.

10M is the upper limit for budgets. If there was to be a cost ceiling, 10M is it. It is so extremely rare to get budget authorization to go over 10M, that there are actually no examples of it. Like you won't find a series that has a budget set for 12M/per, 10M is considered the "premium" upper limit for the past several years.

But if Mandalorian is getting 10M, then I might also guess Witcher is going to be 10M. Basically premium series budgets are coming to the streaming game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Mandalorian will most likely be one of Disney+ launch flagships. There seems to be 8 episodes from iMDB so $80m budget for a whole season of a AAA TV show is mundane. Especially when we're talking about Star Wars.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Now you can afford the few boxes of cereal that you were unable to purchase because Netflix ate into your budget so much.

There are plenty of shows I enjoy on Netflix that I get my 14 dollars a month value from. Given the cheaper cost of the streaming service for Disney, I think I can afford both.

Right, I don't get why people always go "well I'm dropping blah blah blah" if you see the value in it now, another service offering good content doesn't take away from that original value you had. It's $14, not $100.