The Mandalorian

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
i cant even remember that many 90s TV shows that i watched, other than say Seinfeld, Simpsons, King Of The Hill or 90210. i still havent watched stuff like Hercules or Xena or Highlander. i think i watched a little Walker Texas Ranger because chuck norris. there really wasnt that much worth watching and i was working evenings most of the decade anyway. whats the typical 90s TV how that is similar to this?

What about Star Trek TNG you fucking heathen.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
MARRIED WITH CHILDREN
X-Files
Buffy
In Living Color
Dinosaurs
Pinky and the Brain / Animaniacs
DS9

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What about Star Trek TNG you fucking heathen.
oh boy, i dont want to rehash the oldest nerd war in the history of the internet.
ill just leave this here.
tenso

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

What the fuck is Dinosaurs

Wat

That show was awesome. It was a live action sitcom thing where everyone was a dinosaur. Jim Henson company did the outfit/animatronic heads. For a while the baby Dinosaur was a fad, "Not the mama!!" was the famous catch phrase.

It also had one of the most bleak endings for a family friendly show ever lol, but it did show a good example of environmental unintended cause + effect. Working from memory...

The episode starts with annoying plants growing everywhere, fucking everything up. Eventually they find a bug, who explains that his kind used to eat the plants, but some factory that produced worthless crap opened up and wiped most of the bugs out. The family agrees to help the bug try to survive so they can eat the plants...then some pest control guy gases the bug and is like "ha, there's the last one! I had been looking for him". So now they don't know how to deal with the plants, so the government decides to use a defoliant to kill the plants...which kills ALL the plants. So then they try to use logic and say "clouds make rain, volcanoes make clouds when they erupt, let's put our nuclear arsenal inside all the volcanoes and detonate them...which will make lots of clouds and rain so the plants grow!". So they do that and create a nuclear winter that is implied to be what wiped out the dinosaurs.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 6 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I rather like this episode and enjoyed the season overall.. Can't wait for season 2.

Oh shit.. Moff with the Dark Saber.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
First scene is the peak of the whole season.. It felt straight out of red vs blue.. can definitely feel Taika Waititi's influence there .

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Good finale. Mando finally gets his jetpack and Moff going crazy trying to ram his tie fighter into Mando was great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
LOL those speeder pilots.

"He just killed an officer for interrupting him... it may be some time."

• 5Worf
  • 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
A good enough first season. Far better than most other new series and for sure lots better than the new movies.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this is the last hope for Star Wars, with exception of a few cringe episodes, this was pretty solid. goddamn Apollo killed it for me. they gave him the campiest lines of dialogue and he delivered them on point. "Come on baby, do your magic act! come on" mimics force touch. Baby Yoda smiles at him and waves back. i was worried for a second there they were actually going to kill off mando and he would be replaced with one of the others down in the barracks. i understand why they had IG-11 blow himself up. he was way too powerful all on his own, it would trivialize all of mando's side quests and conflicts. i do hope they bring Gina back next season. great show. please dont go woke. please. i'm not asking for much. just dont bow to the twitter mafia.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 7 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
i understand why they had IG-11 blow himself up. he was way too powerful all on his own, it would trivialize all of mando's side quests and conflicts.

No the real reason he had to die was because he saw Mando's face!

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Jive Turkey

Karen
please dont go woke. please. i'm not asking for much. just dont bow to the twitter mafia.

This show proves that the whole 'woke' horseshit is just a festering ideology and not about actual representation. The Mandalorian pretty much checks all the diversity boxes, but isn't seeped in the gender studies gobbledigook. But you can bet since it's not promoting their specific ideology, it's not enough for them.
I have faith they'll stay on course. This show is the only Star Wars property that is universally praised. They should be too scared to change anything.

Anyway, great final episode. The bit with the Speeder Bike Troopers was great. A little off brand, perhaps, but still worked somehow, which is in stark contrast to Rian Johnson's ham fisted crank call humor.
I hope they learn from this season and lean more toward the kind of stuff we saw at the start and end of the season. It's weird how much the middle few felt like a completely different show

• 5Like
  • 1Salty