The Martian (2015)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Thanks for commenting on the plot details of a movie you clearly have not seen. The wind was the issue, as if it pushed the rocket over 13 degrees it would not be able to take off.
While technically correct, it was more so that it would fall over.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Well....falling over is only a problem if you want it to take off. That was its only use.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Saw it last night, and while I expected them to summarize/montage a lot, I just didn't get nearly the impact the book had on me. The details are so critical to my enjoyment of the story. This zip-through version didn't resonate with me.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I will say some of the extreme time lapses are jarring to viewer's perception of the narrative in retrospect.

I think if I watch it again I'll be a little more aware of how casually the movie dismisses six months.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I wish one of my friends had said this. I would have mocked him endlessly.

khalid

Unelected Mod
lol. it's more of a prequel.
It is kind of tragic when you think about.

The great hero Mark Watney, picked to go on a long solo mission due to his experience. It would be one thing to go through that once, but twice? It is no wonder he ended up cracking.

khorum

Murder Apologist
So has anyone played this sim/builder game Planetbase?

It was originally envisioned as a survival/Anno-type sim on other planets. So Banished meets Anno meets The Martian.

It was going very well under in its beta but the dev apparently decided to jump on the chance to milk The Martian buzz hah:

The reviews I've read are fairly promising and it's cheap but Banished+Anno on Mars is pretty inviting, was curious if it delivers.

I got like 200 hours on Banished.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>

It was originally envisioned as a survival/Anno-type sim on other planets. So Banished meets Anno meets The Martian.

It was going very well under in its beta but the dev apparently decided to jump on the chance to milk The Martian buzz hah:

The reviews I've read are fairly promising and it's cheap but Banished+Anno on Mars is pretty inviting, was curious if it delivers.

Looks like a modern version of Outpost.

1393437-outpost_1_cd_cover.jpg

Kuriin

Just a Nurse

I spent about 4 hours watching a "Lets Play" on PlanetBase. I'm sure it's more exciting to play, but, it's very boring to watch. Lol.