The Marvels (2023)

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I turned off Birds of Prey after about 10 minutes. I finished Capt Marvel.
Yup. I couldn't finish Birds of Prey either. Capt. Marvel I reluctantly finished but I wasn't invested in it like I was with the movies previously. A quarter into the movie (at the theater by the way) I would get up and go to the restroom and then get up and go get more snacks, because the hallways, the bar and the concession stand was more interesting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yup. I couldn't finish Birds of Prey either. Capt. Marvel I reluctantly finished but I wasn't invested in it like I was with the movies previously. A quarter into the movie (at the theater by the way) I would get up and go to the restroom and then get up and go get more snacks, because the hallways, the bar and the concession stand was more interesting.
some of those scenes were so poorly written, its like you could hear the writer's meeting as it progressed in the movie. "ok now make everyone sing on this planet". "why sing?" "i dunno, because its wacky, we want more wacky. now put Brie in a crazy outfit, everyone will be on the floor laughing when she peeks through the tassels"

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
some of those scenes were so poorly written, its like you could hear the writer's meeting as it progressed in the movie. "ok now make everyone sing on this planet". "why sing?" "i dunno, because its wacky, we want more wacky. now put Brie in a crazy outfit, everyone will be on the floor laughing when she peeks through the tassels"
After so many shit films coming out of Follywood. I'm really starting to lean toward letting AI write the stories and getting rid of the unoriginal, boring, cockwallets in the writers room. Skynet can do it's thing as long as it writes good fucking movies.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
After so many shit films coming out of Follywood. I'm really starting to lean toward letting AI write the stories and getting rid of the unoriginal, boring, cockwallets in the writers room. Skynet can do it's thing as long as it writes good fucking movies.
I said this in the strike thread, where people kept saying AI wasn't good enough. Yeah, well, human writers are also pretty shit. Can AI really not do better? I'm pretty sure it can handle making crappy reboots and sequels to 40 year old movies.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

1700411731534.png

estimates - actual numbers probably come m/t
this estimate has a 32% drop from sat to sun, last week sat to sun drop was 39% so still a small chance for it to drop below 10m, would still be 78% drop from last weekend

1700413382007.png

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Hollywood has warehouses filled to the rafters with excellent scripts. They will never get turned into movies, because streaming has killed blu ray sales. Movies would make their profit on blu ray sales, without that, all they have left is blockbuster mentality. This is why all we get now are sequels, prequels, remakes, reboots, and cape shit.

Movie execs have pinned their businesses on the success of streaming, despite it being very clear that it has killed all their golden geese. Even weirder, instead of trying to fix streaming, they eviscerate their streaming catalogues and fill them with shit no one wants to see...or outright never promote new shows they put on there. Outside of a handful of offerings, they dump them on the wires and never tell anyone about them.

Further, when they do manage to stumble upon something people want to see, they kill momentum by having 2-3 years between seasons, and people stop giving a shit about them.

The problem isn't with the writers. It is with the pin-headed execs and their business model that excludes good story telling by default.

• 2Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I like that they do a writers strike when most writing has been shit. Should have held out on those turds

• 1Like

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Hollywood has warehouses filled to the rafters with excellent scripts. They will never get turned into movies, because streaming has killed blu ray sales. Movies would make their profit on blu ray sales, without that, all they have left is blockbuster mentality. This is why all we get now are sequels, prequels, remakes, reboots, and cape shit.

Movie execs have pinned their businesses on the success of streaming, despite it being very clear that it has killed all their golden geese. Even weirder, instead of trying to fix streaming, they eviscerate their streaming catalogues and fill them with shit no one wants to see...or outright never promote new shows they put on there. Outside of a handful of offerings, they dump them on the wires and never tell anyone about them.

Further, when they do manage to stumble upon something people want to see, they kill momentum by having 2-3 years between seasons, and people stop giving a shit about them.

The problem isn't with the writers. It is with the pin-headed execs and their business model that excludes good story telling by default.

I think it's a combination of the execs business model and an insufferable agenda they're trying to push as well as just a severe lack of talent in the writers room. Writer's are more concerned about being paid more for shittier stories and less talent. They should be scared of AI taking their jobs. The execs business model I can't speak too much on because let's be honest... I know fuck all about making a movie beyond putting a Canon on a tripod at the foot of my bed.
Though, I'm sure there's fuckery afoot at that level beyond banging upcoming stars and diddling kids.

I know streaming is pretty much here to stay but I admit it wore off for me pretty quick. When I recognized no streaming service could maintain my interest I got rid of all of them. All I do now is watch trailers, watch a movies in the theater or pull the trigger on it and buy a digital copy and watch it at home. I cancelled every single one of streaming services quite some time ago and I stopped watching standard network television mainly because of commercials over 10 years ago. I mean, Netflix now is what... $20 a month? for a shitton of content I have no desire to watch. Same with Hulu and Prime, Paramount, Showtime, HBO or MAX or whatever it's called now.

I can count on one hand how many movies I've seen that were actually worth money and time in recent years.

Top Gun, Terrifier 2, Spider-man: No way home (No great but a fun watch) everything else has just been... Meh. Maybe I have what Stan had in South Park and everything just sounds and looks like shit or maybe it is shit and I just don't care for it anymore.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think it's a combination of the execs business model and an insufferable agenda they're trying to push as well as just a severe lack of talent in the writers room. Writer's are more concerned about being paid more for shittier stories and less talent. They should be scared of AI taking their jobs. The execs business model I can't speak too much on because let's be honest... I know fuck all about making a movie beyond putting a Canon on a tripod at the foot of my bed.
Though, I'm sure there's fuckery afoot at that level beyond banging upcoming stars and diddling kids.

I know streaming is pretty much here to stay but I admit it wore off for me pretty quick. When I recognized no streaming service could maintain my interest I got rid of all of them. All I do now is watch trailers, watch a movies in the theater or pull the trigger on it and buy a digital copy and watch it at home. I cancelled every single one of streaming services quite some time ago and I stopped watching standard network television mainly because of commercials over 10 years ago. I mean, Netflix now is what... $20 a month? for a shitton of content I have no desire to watch. Same with Hulu and Prime, Paramount, Showtime, HBO or MAX or whatever it's called now.

I can count on one hand how many movies I've seen that were actually worth money and time in recent years.

Top Gun, Terrifier 2, Spider-man: No way home (No great but a fun watch) everything else has just been... Meh. Maybe I have what Stan had in South Park and everything just sounds and looks like shit or maybe it is shit and I just don't care for it anymore.
hey, i just watch youtube videos and the occasional movie/TV show that is being talked about here. sometimes i actually go to the theater to see a movie, but usually its just high seas stuff.

• 2Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I thought he passed the torch and was going to be retired

Ahh I got cha. Nah it was more then writing him
To earth to be part of the next phase, while Drax Gamora and Nebula are the three actors who decided to leave were written to go off on their own while Rocket and the new team are there for when needed

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Cooper says he will keep doing rockets voice and I’m sure the rest of the new guardians are under contract (warlock) or cheap (gunns beother) or cgi (rocket Groot cosmo)

Oh yeah Mantis chick is out of contract and leaving too

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Cooper says he will keep doing rockets voice and I’m sure the rest of the new guardians are under contract (warlock) or cheap (gunns beother) or cgi (rocket Groot cosmo)

Oh yeah Mantis chick is out of contract and leaving too
if they can get RDJ back, they can get anyone back. if they really want to. GotG 3 was the only Disney movie that didnt bomb in theaters this year and it barely made any money. there was no highpoint for the company other than they made other studios more money by driving their core fans away.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
if they can get RDJ back, they can get anyone back. if they really want to. GotG 3 was the only Disney movie that didnt bomb in theaters this year and it barely made any money. there was no highpoint for the company other than they made other studios more money by driving their core fans away.
I'm almost 100% positive they brought RDJ back because they think it will save the franchise and alleviate some of that "fatigue". Oblivious that people aren't burnt out on superhero movies. They're burnt out on BAD superhero movies and bullshit narratives and forced deep throat agendas.

• 3Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's not the acting, the writers and CGI is just utter trash for the most part. Strange and Ant man could have easily been great. Half the shit they are making up on the nerd forums is so much better than anything coming out .

Also GoTG prolly didn't fail because Gunn was in charge of the story. Wouldn't be surprised if they throw a ton of money at the Russos

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's not the acting, the writers and CGI is just utter trash for the most part. Strange and Ant man could have easily been great. Half the shit they are making up on the nerd forums is so much better than anything coming out .

Also GoTG prolly didn't fail because Gunn was in charge of the story. Wouldn't be surprised if they throw a ton of money at the Russos
The problem I had with GOTG 3 was the debbie downer story line. I love me some Rocket, but that backstory could have been cut in half and made the film less depressing.

• 3Like