The Marvels (2023)

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
did Fury say "black girl magic" at the end? does that weave chick villain know how to hold a hammer or is that supposed to be some kind of magic wand?
those were the standouts for me too. He actually said "black girl magic". LMFAO what a shitshow. This goes right in the pile with Black Panther and Ms Marvel: shit that makes you embarassed you ever enjoyed a superhero movie.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
use promo codes (in payment page of checkout)

MARVELMONDAY and
MARVELMONDAYS

on https://www.fandango.com

to take $22 off an IMAX ticket via fandango for this shit movie. if you have an amc stubs/a-list account you get amc points, fandango points, and disney reward points and you don't even have to go see it or pay anything

codes will probably die in the next hour or two

when was the last time marvel gave away tickets to opening weekend on their movie lol

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
almost 300 replies and no mention of the director?

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
i heard this tested so poorly, they reshot and it tested even worse. i think thats why they hacked the movie in half so its only 90 minutes instead of the usual 2h 30 minutes for Marvel films.
While I personally wish more films were shorter (John Wick 1's only 1 hour 40 minutes, and frankly that could have been trimmed at the end), in general nowadays a super short blockbuster means they kept the action bits and the barest connective tissue between them, because everything that wasn't an action scene sucks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
While I personally wish more films were shorter (John Wick 1's only 1 hour 40 minutes, and frankly that could have been trimmed at the end), in general nowadays a super short blockbuster means they kept the action bits and the barest connective tissue between them, because everything that wasn't an action scene sucks.
Although it would make for funny viewing like in "The Room". every line in this trailer seems to be schlock. The director's cut would be a hoot.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
almost 300 replies and no mention of the director?
Let me guess, they're a POC and/or woman with no track record of making action movies?

Because that may not matter. Everyone involved has admitted that the action scenes are pre-vised to death and basically the directors aren't involved, with the directors just doing the talky bits. That's why you can have some of Marvel's high points directed by the Russo brothers, two guys that spent most of their career doing television comedy pilots. (I love Community's paintball episodes to death, but they didn't give the Russos control of Infinity War's action scenes based on those.)

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Let me guess, they're a POC and/or woman with no track record of making action movies?

Because that may not matter. Everyone involved has admitted that the action scenes are pre-vised to death and basically the directors aren't involved, with the directors just doing the talky bits. That's why you can have some of Marvel's high points directed by the Russo brothers, two guys that spent most of their career doing television comedy pilots. (I love Community's paintball episodes to death, but they didn't give the Russos control of Infinity War's action scenes based on those.)

you got it right, but it gets better

The Director

1699368485757.png
1699368520934.png

The experience:
1699368561475.png

the work ethic:

• 3Worf
  • 2Pathetic
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

This isn't really uncommon (hell, Spielberg famously filmed all of Schindler's List while Jurassic Park was in post production), but it also really isn't uncommon in Marvel movies, especially non-Avengers movies.

She's quoted as saying she knew it was a Kevin Feige Production, and there is a reason his name appears like that. Marvel doesn't need directors in pre or post production, cause they (Marvel) have all the shots and things they want planned going in. Most of their movies are working on effects shots before the script is done or the director has started working. Even Sam Raimi couldnt escape having a post credit scene added that undercuts the end of the movie 30 seconds before it.

She probably should have been less cunty about it before the movie even comes out, but her sentiment is not unshared among people who have worked with Marvel and got that bag (it's also why Edgar Wright left Ant-man, he knew they wanted someone to point the camera and execute Marvel's vision, not an actual director).

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
i have had an idea for a superhero story for two years. i write down dialogue when it comes to me. but its pretty useless now that anything superhero is poison. it was pretty cool though. it will just end up as another unpublished novel.
MV5BZjMzNzE4ZGItMDI5Zi00ZjE3LThkODctYTlhZWY1ZTdmMGNjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTExNzM4NDM@._V1_.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Splash the Pot
Reactions: 1 users