The Marvels (2023)

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

They going to introduce incursions in this? Wonder if they tie Kang to it.

This movie looks incredibly stupid. /shrug, most superhero movies are dumb.

I would still watch it if the chicks were hot though. But these "Marvels" are fugly beyond belief. Zero reason to watch this.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So first reaction are out and all over the place.

The only common thing all of them have is that Ms Marvel is the standout which doesn’t surprise me because I thought the actress was excellent in the Disney+ show.

This quote seems to sum up what I have read.

The Marvels has some stellar scenes and a few good moments of chemistry between the leads, but is overall an overwrought, incoherent, and mediocre patchwork mess that doesn’t do any of of the titular heroes justice

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
prob won't last long, end credit scene
The spoiler is that characters we found out exist in other timelines in Dr Strange 2... exist in other timelines?

And at this point it looks like the only 2024 movies will be Deadpool (which, like GOTG 3, will be huge regardless of the Marvel affiliation), and Captain Falcon, which will be mid tier at best. Let's hope the strikes gave the Marvel executives the time to revamp their long term plans.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The spoiler is that characters we found out exist in other timelines in Dr Strange 2... exist in other timelines?

And at this point it looks like the only 2024 movies will be Deadpool (which, like GOTG 3, will be huge regardless of the Marvel affiliation), and Captain Falcon, which will be mid tier at best. Let's hope the strikes gave the Marvel executives the time to revamp their long term plans.
i sincerely hope Captain Bubba Gump tanks the fuck out so i never have to see that fucking joke of a superhero take up the Cap mantle again.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

i sincerely hope Captain Bubba Gump tanks the fuck out so i never have to see that fucking joke of a superhero take up the Cap mantle again.
he will get the blm push

=

embargo dropped at noon

1699465463670.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Did they not invite The Critical Drinker to a screening so he can get his 0 day review done?!?

• 1Worf

Goatface

box office pro
1699478206428.png

1699478300774.png

other predictions are about the same range

going up
1699478421716.png

it would be glorious to open below hulk.
1699478633751.png

velk

Trakanon Raider
6/10

Fun movie, with some decent originality in action sequences, but wanders off into crazy-town about halfway through ( dat Bollywood planet, wtf ).

Kamala character was great, very genuine, and actually having fun in the movie, which is rare these days. Samuel Jackson has clearly completely run out of fucks to give.

Also sets a new benchmark for least consistent power levels of superheroes in an individual movie. In the same ending of the same movie, Captain Marvel both struggles to fistfight a random mook AND powers up a literal sun.

It's a shame - there's the bones of an interesting story there, with Captain Marvel having spent the missing years causing massive problems trying to apply simple solutions to complex problems and trying to deal with the ever snowballing fallout. It's pretty much glossed over in an semi-comical fashion and her friends unilaterally forgive her for being a terrorist war-criminal who caused billions of deaths.

• 2Picard
  • 2Like
  • 2Pathetic
Reactions: 7 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It is a shame. Your continued support means they'll keep making this low tier trash.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is a shame. Your continued support means they'll keep making this low tier trash.

To be fair, he might have watched it on the high seas.

I'd probably watch it if it's out when I'm subbed to D+ but saying that it took me an age to watch the last Dr Strange and I still haven't seen Black Widow.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Black Widow.
A chubby Scarlett Johansson finally got her own movie wherein she gives a mannequinesque performance and then replaced in her own film by a younger prettier woman.

It was about 4 years too late and phoned in start to finish.

• 1Like