The Marvels (2023)

Siliconemelons

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

do not blame the person that /directed/ (can we look up the definition here?) the item, for the item not being what people want
She also wrote the movie. It's impossible not to blame her for this. But Feige is ultimately to blame for all of this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I don't think thats entirely fair; Brie Larson is an unlikeable cunt no matter who's writing

• 2Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't think thats entirely fair; Brie Larson is an unlikeable cunt no matter who's writing
i think Brie did try to improve, i'm no fan of hers but she dropped the scowl and manhating attitude from the first movie. i guess she had to since she's married to some singing faggot in this one.

• 1Worf

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
i guess she had to since she's married to some singing faggot in this one.
What, like from the beginning of the film? Did I miss something in a prior Marvel installment? If not, having your main character get married off-screen/between films seems like a weird story beat if you're attempting to have people relate to or care for them.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Like they said in MST3k or RiffTrax, they aren't credits they are a scrolling list of people to blame.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What, like from the beginning of the film? Did I miss something in a prior Marvel installment? If not, having your main character get married off-screen/between films seems like a weird story beat if you're attempting to have people relate to or care for them.
Her character is married to an Asian dude on a planet called Aladna. They call CM, Princess Aladna. Yes she got married to him between films. It's supposed to be a joke. It's only a thing for 15 minutes. Everyone on the planet speaks in song, cept the Prince who can sing and talk. Danvers said he's bilingual. The jokes write themselves!

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I dunno if it's apathy or people haven't forgotten how they got bamboozled when the first CM movie came out and were blatantly lied to that they had to see it to understand Endgame. Either way, this shit is dead, Jim.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I dunno if it's apathy or people haven't forgotten how they got bamboozled when the first CM movie came out and were blatantly lied to that they had to see it to understand Endgame. Either way, this shit is dead, Jim.
Captain Marvel got lucky because it rode the coat tails of End Game and that's the level people were expecting and instead were slapped in the face with a shit acting, girl boss. The M-She-U is dead.

• 2Like

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Took the family to see it today.
Mind you they are both girls, my younger sister (35) and my niece (19) from our older brother.
They both loved it...
It was the freaking cats, the trio teleport fighting, and the singing scenes. In that order, that they both said all stood out to them. They also both knew who the Prince was the second they saw him. Apparently he is some K-pop actor or some shit...

They both hated Captain Marvel 1, but loved this one...

Family, what can you do.

So I have to guess this was targeted at them. Women teens to thirties.

After seeing it a second time, now in the theater not just the bad cam rip from last week, I can say it's a 5 out of 10. The cgi in spots was terrible, like Starship Troopers 1996 level terrible. But I still overall enjoyed it. Had it been a normal Marvel length, probably not. It ended at about 90 minutes, and anymore would have been the straw.

• 2Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Took the family to see it today.
Mind you they are both girls, my younger sister (35) and my niece (19) from our older brother.
They both loved it...
It was the freaking cats, the trio teleport fighting, and the singing scenes. In that order, that they both said all stood out to them. They also both knew who the Prince was the second they saw him. Apparently he is some K-pop actor or some shit...

They both hated Captain Marvel 1, but loved this one...

Family, what can you do.

So I have to guess this was targeted at them. Women teens to thirties.

After seeing it a second time, now in the theater not just the bad cam rip from last week, I can say it's a 5 out of 10. The cgi in spots was terrible, like Starship Troopers 1996 level terrible. But I still overall enjoyed it. Had it been a normal Marvel length, probably not. It ended at about 90 minutes, and anymore would have been the straw.
shit, you saw this twice? do you have a S&M fetish? i saw this once and it took me hours to get through it, i could only take it in 20 minute doses. i was going to nope out a few times because it was so predictable and boring at every turn. i agree, its not the worst thing ever, but thats only because there were worse movies that came out from Marvel and DC this year.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
I watched the cam rip to see if it was even worth taking them to see it in the theater. It was the $5 dollar showing today. Had it been full price I would have dropped them off and come back to get them.

It's a 5 of 10 for me . Not Black Panther/Iron Man 3 or most of Phase 4 bad.

I will however probably not watch it again for years now.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Goatface

marvels could blow away the records for biggest drop for a sequel of a movie than earned a billion

Alice Through the Looking Glass $299 million was 72% less ($725m) than Alice in Wonderland $1.025b *
Star Wars the Last Jedi $1.34b was 35% less ($735m) than the Force Awakens ($2.071b)

the best case i found for Marvels is $300m worldwide, which would be 78% less ($880m) than captain marvel $1.13
current prediction is $225m ww, 80% less ($905m)

*copied these numbers from reddit, they don't line up with TheNumbers, it has $277m

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It ended at about 90 minutes, and anymore would have been the straw.
This is funny because even critics saying the best part of this movie is it's short run time. It's literally the only good thing about this film that no one asked for.

• 1Worf

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
5/10 is fucking average. 90% of movies made every year are fucking 5/10. Certainly many of the MCU films. Hell the best MCU movie probably only ranks about an 8. stop acting like this shit is citizen kane. Think back to most of the movies that you remember fondly throughout your life. Most of them are fucking 5/10. Rewatching them is mindless entertainment that doesn't make you sick to your stomach or roll your eyes so hard you give yourself whiplash.

Shit films keep getting made because retards forgot that numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4 exist on the scale for 1-10 and keep giving garbage that deserves "1s" or "2s" they give "5s" because they think that means anything.

I haven't seen this movie so I won't rate it but if I were a betting man i'd say it belongs down next to captain marvel black panther thor 2 iron man 3 etc firmly in the 1 or 2 category.

• 4Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users