The Marvels (2023)

Goatface

boxofficepro weekend prediction, 65% or less would be very surprising
1700089347082.png

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
You are considering watching a movie you gave a 5/10 to for a 3rd time. Now I understand why these movies keep getting made.
Yes, but if you knew everything I have said about it, and about my past viewings of all Marvel movies, I have paid a grand total of zero dollars to see them since End Game.

When/if I do see them in the theater we go to a $5 dollar show and use our monthly free movie coupons for them. I always watch them on the free streams that happen the same week they come out to see if we will even use our coupons to see them. Disney/Marvel gets no money from my family since End Game.

I spend a few dollars a month at our theater for three movies passes each month for $5 dollar shows. I have talked to the GM there and he is sure that only the Theater gets the money we spend on the passes, not the studios.

All that being said, I consider a movie I rate 5/10 as a watchable and enjoyable movie. I down graded this one from a 6/10 after seeing it in the theater due to the bad CGI.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think I saw captain marvel 1 in theaters because I figured it had a lot to do with endgame. Regretful. I told my wife I was out after endgame if this is the future. I did pay to see both Spider-Man movies, but I also ripped on the changes. I think Tom Holland is a good Spider-Man. He should have had a Gwen Stacy or real MJ.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
5/10 is fucking average. 90% of movies made every year are fucking 5/10. Certainly many of the MCU films. Hell the best MCU movie probably only ranks about an 8. stop acting like this shit is citizen kane. Think back to most of the movies that you remember fondly throughout your life. Most of them are fucking 5/10. Rewatching them is mindless entertainment that doesn't make you sick to your stomach or roll your eyes so hard you give yourself whiplash.

Shit films keep getting made because retards forgot that numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4 exist on the scale for 1-10 and keep giving garbage that deserves "1s" or "2s" they give "5s" because they think that means anything.

I haven't seen this movie so I won't rate it but if I were a betting man i'd say it belongs down next to captain marvel black panther thor 2 iron man 3 etc firmly in the 1 or 2 category.
Sorry but you'll never manage to out-pretentious Szlia.

Winter Soldier and Infinity War are definitely 9+.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Goatface

breaking records everyday

1st Wednesday, less than half the mcu's previous low

30th. Thor ($4.19M)
31st. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania . ($3.86M)
32nd. Thor: The Dark World ($3.57M)
33rd. The Marvels ($1.7M)

Black Adam $3.3m, Flash had $3.07m, Blue Beetle $1.7m, Morbius $1.6m
-
it was also last in the mcu for 1st Tuesday, but it was closer
32nd. Incredible Hulk ($4.8M)
33rd. The Marvels ($3.2M)

=
at this rate it might not hit $100m unless it surprises this weekend

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

This can be attributed to many factors - The Marvels had no press tour because of the SAG-AFTRA strike, many are coming in with misogynistic pre-determined opinions, the film under-performed on Rotten Tomatoes and in CinemaScore's ratings, and MCU fatigue continues to hit fans hard

• 1Worf

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking forward to when Deadpool 3 comes out and shuts up the " Fatigue" reasons..

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking forward to when Deadpool 3 comes out and shuts up the " Fatigue" reasons..

I hope it's good, but the second one was fairly lame. It had some moments but nothing like Deadpool 1.

Ryan's schtick is getting a bit tired. And Deadpool ramps his quirks up to 11. But he's a good actor, if the script and director is good I'll still throw my money at it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I hope it's good, but the second one was fairly lame. It had some moments but nothing like Deadpool 1.

Ryan's schtick is getting a bit tired. And Deadpool ramps his quirks up to 11. But he's a good actor, if the script and director is good I'll still throw my money at it.
i expect it will do about as well as GotG3 did. which is good enough to make some money, but we arent talking crazy numbers. the bad woke superhero films poisoned the entire well and even a good superhero movie is going to underperform. Mario did great because it was something different. Barbie did great because it was something different. whatever superhero movie that comes out now is going to be met with apathy. if superhero fatigue is the name they want to use, then so be it. its really "we cant have nice things" fatigue. Marvel really screwed the pooch by tainting their films with shit. they had an obligation to keep their movies and shows up to a certain standard, they failed that and now their brand is dogshit. same for DC. non DC and Marvel superhero films still have a chance at making money if they have a low enough budget and maybe not market it with a DEI stamp all over it.

BTW Marvels had an absolutely horrible week, it might end up 3rd place by Sunday.

• 1Cringe

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really feel bad for that Iman actress, I haven't watched the show or the movie but I've seen her interviews and she seems like a great kid

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Really looking like it won't crack 100. I love when films massively over or underperform. Even a turd like Ant-Man 3 still made 200 million in the US.

• 1Worf

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I really feel bad for that Iman actress, I haven't watched the show or the movie but I've seen her interviews and she seems like a great kid

Granted its female heavy and everyone here will probably hate it, but Marvel should really fast track whatever the Young Avengers project is.

Iman, Florence Pugh, Haliee Stienfeld and Pizza Dog are the 4 most likeable actors in the MCU right now (aside from the whatever the Deadpool cast ends up being, probably), and they should get them in front of more people

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Granted its female heavy and everyone here will probably hate it, but Marvel should really fast track whatever the Young Avengers project is.

Iman, Florence Pugh, Haliee Stienfeld and Pizza Dog are the 4 most likeable actors in the MCU right now (aside from the whatever the Deadpool cast ends up being, probably), and they should get them in front of more people
Wtf is pizza dog lol, I know they confirmed Dogpool.

Screenshot_2023-11-09-10-35-19-62_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg