The Marvels (2023)

Chris

Potato del Grande
the average movie goer and "MCU enjoyer" thought this was shit too.
I think disliking it was a culture war thing, nobody IRL was complaining.

Of course they didn't like it enough to see the sequel, neither did I. But it was a decent lead in to Endgame.

• 2Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
the best you can say for it was that it wasnt as as bad as The Flash. thats not saying much.
I saw both movies in the theater and The Flash was a much better watch. It actually tried to be a real movie while Captain Marvel was a lot of fucking nothing at all. Captain Marvel is aggressively worse than The Flash and it isn't particularly close.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think disliking it was a culture war thing, nobody IRL was complaining.

Of course they didn't like it enough to see the sequel, neither did I. But it was a decent lead in to Endgame.
In what way was it a decent lead in?

It was basically an entire separate movie just to introduce a deus ex machina between the two actually good movies. And it was in no way cohesive with the story that was happening in those.

Fucker

Log Wizard
In what way was it a decent lead in?

It was basically an entire separate movie just to introduce a deus ex machina between the two actually good movies. And it was in no way cohesive with the story that was happening in those.
It was an attempt to introduce the main MCU cast's replacement in their grand finale. I'm sure at some point she was there to completely save the day and thus relegate the entire cast to has-beens, but someone with some power decided this was a Bad Fucking Idea and did the right thing by having Cheese Theft's lights punched shortly after her arrival to the main battle.

She basically went from the next Iron Man type MCU lead to being relegated to nothing when they realized they pinned the future of the MCU to the wrong actress. There's a reason why the MCU exploded right after Endgame, and Cheese Theft's character was the catalyst.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
It was an attempt to introduce the main MCU cast's replacement in their grand finale. I'm sure at some point she was there to completely save the day and thus relegate the entire cast to has-beens, but someone with some power decided this was a Bad Fucking Idea and did the right thing by having Cheese Theft's lights punched shortly after her arrival to the main battle.

She basically went from the next Iron Man type MCU lead to being relegated to nothing when they realized they pinned the future of the MCU to the wrong actress. There's a reason why the MCU exploded right after Endgame, and Cheese Theft's character was the catalyst.

Suuuree

Somebody's brain got eaten by a few too many brie larsen hate-vids, it seems.

• 2Garbage

Chris

Potato del Grande
Cheese Theft
What the fuck!?

Captain Marvel was a 6/10 movie elevated to 7/10 by it's links to the MCU.

It was good to have a 1 movie break between Infinity War and Endgame, introducing a hero who would be in Endgame but not pivotal to it was a good use of the time.

Rumor was that she would save the day and did in one cut, glad they toned her down.

They picked the wrong actress and the wrong character to lead the next Avengers iteration and compounded the mistake by not using her for 4 years other than a shitty Shang Chi cameo.

So now we have a sequel that's 5/10 at best.

Sterling

El Presidente
Captain Marvel is not a 6/10 movie even with the links to the MCU. Having a movie between the 2 Avenger movies is fine, it might even have been a great idea. Except that Captain Marvel is not a good movie. In fact, it's an actively bad movie that to me was the worst MCU movie until Eternals.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Captain Marvel is not a 6/10 movie even with the links to the MCU. Having a movie between the 2 Avenger movies is fine, it might even have been a great idea. Except that Captain Marvel is not a good movie. In fact, it's an actively bad movie that to me was the worst MCU movie until Eternals.
I think about Capt Marvel and ask myself if the cheese thief had not been the star and it had been some other actress I liked, would it be a good movie. The answer is always no. It's just not a good movie. Thor 2 has Hemsworth and Hiddleston and its still a bad movie.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Despite the " We do not interfere with anything human related" and the earth apparently being made from Vibranium and thus able to withstand Megaliths emerging from its core, I actually enjoyed The Eternals more than Captain Marvel.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Suuuree

Somebody's brain got eaten by a few too many brie larsen hate-vids, it seems.
This is just the purest form of retardism that exists in the world today.

You simply have to watch the videos of the things that Larsen actually says and does, herself, with no help to develop an extreme hatred towards her person and her views. In fact, if you watch even a bit of her media starting with her announcement as Marvel and going through her complete and utter disappearing act leading up to the release of this movie and don't end up hating her with every fiber of your being then you are either a hopeless moron or a progressive. I know, I know, same difference.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Well my wife who wanted to watch this movie fell asleep about 30 minutes in. This felt like a made for tv special , or maybe a contractual obligation movie.

Hot hot hot garbage. Seriously who thought this was worth putting on a screen?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Seriously who thought this was worth putting on a screen?
1705510262419.png

edit: I should note my first search for a pic was "blue haired tranny". Note to self, never search for the words "blue haired tranny". Use "blue haired liberal" instead.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like