The Matrix reboot/remake

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Dude....c'mon now.....

Her name is the Oracle

The Merovingian wants "the eyes of the Oracle" because she can see the future

Smith copies onto her and is given her precognitive abilities

The stuff with Smith NEVER happened before so you can't fall back on the excuse of "she's seen it all before."

Not even gonna waste time posting all the prophetic comments
Sparkles is touching on one of those intentional ambiguities. She is meant to appear precognitive but she would disagree I bet. Having a long memory is the best way of saying it.

Within the story she is a program. She cannot see the future. Without she's a character implying some meta shit. Indeed this happened before and will happen again. The universal nature of myth, Neo is Frodo is Sigurd is every tale, good and evil, love and hate, blah fucking blah. I think she was meant as mystery in the classic sense. We are supposed to debate this question forever.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
you didnt just say the computer program was psychic?

Quit trying to fabricate an argument when there isn't one to be had.

You said it didn't take a psychic to know that Neo was one. I never claimed otherwise. Not following your bait.

And yes, the Oracle, aka "the fortune teller" is a psychic. That's the character. This isn't ground breaking news.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sparkles is touching on one of those intentional ambiguities. She is meant to appear precognitive but she would disagree I bet. Having a long memory is the best way of saying it.

Within the story she is a program. She cannot see the future. Without she's a character implying some meta shit. Indeed this happened before and will happen again. The universal nature of myth, Neo is Frodo is Sigurd is every tale, good and evil, love and hate, blah fucking blah. I think she was meant as mystery in the classic sense. We are supposed to debate this question forever.

I JUST covered this like 3 posts up. No, having a long memory is not the best way of saying it.

It was a major plot point that her clairvoyance was highly sought after.

The stuff with Smith has never happened before.

Repeat after me: HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE

Yet she continues to see how things will unfold. That is psychic ability. This isn't that hard guys....

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think I can sum up every post Edge has ever made about The Matrix in one gif.

AGBwRRp.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
When you can't win the argument because your ideas aren't supported by facts, attack the poster! #genius

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I JUST covered this like 3 posts up. No, having a long memory is not the best way of saying it.

Yet she continues to see how things will unfold. That is psychic ability. This isn't that hard guys....
Then explain how a computer program is a magical being.

How you could get worked up over this and saying we're supposed to come to our own conclusions is beyond me. Have you never seen a movie.

Arbitrary was right. Your argument sucks.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
in everquest if i was playing my ranger and i walked into a certain bar in qeynos, every time the innkeeper calls me a scumbag. if i logged into my ranger again after all these years and walked up to that barkeep, what do you think he is going to say? oh wait , i guess i am psychic!

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
got around to what I hope is my final viewing of revolutions ever

really could have done with out the train man bullshit and the new Oracle (RIP original one obviously but still, replacement sucked)

the only strong points of the third film are the Zion dock battle scenes

and

Neo and Trinity traveling to the machine city, I love how foreboding and evil it looks, especially when all the guns start shooting

i am still rustled about the final machine boss, i thought it was stupid that it had a face, instead of that eye looking thing before it formed the face

revolutions4.jpg

this as a red eye would have been way cooler IMO

unfortunately this leaves the bulk of the movie as terrible as I recall

i couldn't even stomach the stupid Neo Smith battle again

dumb

bralkan

The old ways are still best
Anyone ever read the "original" script that leaked awhile back?

Was a pretty sweet concept - it had an Anti Neo. Sounded much better than what we ended up with.

Caliane

you guys are all wrong.

Its a simple order vs chaos thing, In an artificial closed system.
The Architect is order. The oracle introduces chaos to the matrix.
Order is of course, everything in place and quantified. The matrix is artificial system where the entirety of its makeup is structured and organized. there is nothing random. People are monitored, their realities shaped, etc. They create and model every snowflake in the snowstorm. The architect articulates this. as well as the cake organism scene to further articulate the robots have 100% control, in predicting and inducing human behavior.
But in this system, there is no growth. No change. that is the flaw in Order.
So, the robots introduced an agent of change. The oracle. Her job was to add chaos to the system. >behavior so unpredictable as to appear random, owing to great sensitivity to small changes in conditions.
Now, from here the issue would be. From her perspective, its probably not chaos. Since, SHE is the only one that knows what variables she introduced, and thus SHE knows the outcome of her new variables. but to everyone else it is. because they suddenly have variables in the system they do not control. And thus, all their systems are thrown into disarray, and can not be predicted.
now, she could possibly not have access to the same data as the Architect, and thus also not really be sure what her new variables will do. but, her prescience suggests she does, and thus can predict exactly what will happen.

That the oracle creates the future is lampshaded with the "Oh, what's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the matrix could just be trolling everyone. they create the struggles and challenges and then they create a program that delivers hope with the promise of a savior. all manufactured bullshit just to keep their batteries happy.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was very confused when the machines big attack consisted of sentinels crashing into things.

I was very confused about why the power armor they built to beat tentacle monsters had an open cockpit. Put some walls on that shit so the tentacle robots can't easily kill your pilots.