The Matrix reboot/remake

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Matrix may be a New Hope, but Reloaded/Revolutions sure as shit weren't Empire and Return, haha.

The first Matrix movie was, like I said, amazing. But the pseudo-intellectual philosophical sophistry of the third is -not- worth anyone's time to put more than idle thought into. Its very similar to ascribing deep thoughts on premarital sex and the resultant impact on society to Stephanie Meyers' writing: reaching at absolute best; just being silly as a baseline.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The Matrix may be a New Hope, but Reloaded/Revolutions sure as shit weren't Empire and Return, haha.

The first Matrix movie was, like I said, amazing. But the pseudo-intellectual philosophical sophistry of the third is -not- worth anyone's time to put more than idle thought into. Its very similar to ascribing deep thoughts on premarital sex and the resultant impact on society to Stephanie Meyers' writing: reaching at absolute best; just being silly as a baseline.
i agree the sequels werent as good as the star wars sequels, Empire Strikes Back may be the greatest movie of all time. but you get what i am saying, the original matrix was a landmark movie for its time.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wrong again. None of you have explained away any of the clear evidence shown. Instead you try to bring up new problems while disregarding everything else. Smith says "I've seen this". Hence vision. Hence clairvoyance. Not calculating variables. Not guessing. He's SEEN it. It's why other programs wanted her "eyes." It's the entire reason that version of Smith takes off the sunglasses. Because he has the 'clear vision" aka clairvoyance of the Oracle. I had really hoped metaphors weren't beyond you but shit..... The Oracle is also referred to as "an intuitive program". Psychics are referred to as intuitives. Hot damn people, this isn't that difficult to figure out. Like I stated, being able to see the future doesn't mean you see EVERYTHING. Things still come down to free will. That's why it's important for her to say she believed. She saw what was coming, and believed things would work out.

Even Neo has some psychic abilities. He was having dreams of Trinity falling out the window. The Oracle tells him "you have the sight now". "The ability to see the world without time." But when she asked if he could see what happened to her. He said no. Because there was a choice to be made. The future is not etched in stone. Which again, is why her belief in him is so powerful.

Anyway, I'm done wasting my time on this thread.

This board is entirely too negative.

Just look at the comments on the recent movies. It's filled with "this is terrible", "worst ever", "completely awful", "1/10" etc. You all are some jaded fucks. I feel fortunate to not see the world with such disdain. I can't imagine hating things as much as you guys do. I really feel sad for you. I knew there was a reason I left the old board for over a year.
That scene does not show what you think it does at all.
he has seen it, exactly how the Architect "sees" the various reactions of Neo on the tv screens. Then is immediately "taken over", and "supposed to tell you something". Says a line, that HE himself doesn't know or understand why or what he even said. The oracle said the line through him, he was just a program following through. Then immediately realizes, his knowledge was flawed, and what he predicted was wrong.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
watch

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think you put more thought into the sequels than the Wachowski sisters did

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Not sure on all the hate for the Trainman. I took the story with the couple and their child as a rough shoehorned extra story they wanted into the movie but wasnt given the proper time for explaining and just cut it into a junk fight scene.

I took this couple's child that was illegally created in this world as the story of how humans were able to exit the system to begin with. They were sent offsite (Trainman's world) for the child to be moved else where in the world as one of Oracle's many gifted ones to wait for a human host to become available and be inserted either as a semi new wipe to grow up from human age of first memory and hope to leave the system later or to have some memory altering to remove the knowledge of the Oracle and continue on from that age within the Human host.

This would basically be killing the human's original mind and imprinting a program, like Bane/Smith clone Neo help to unlock. I assume this would be Oracle using a form of the Agent human takeover programming functions to have one of the Potentials permanently take over an early aged human.

This would explain more to Oracle's powers only being knowledge of predestined design waiting for functions to fire, much like debugging code waiting for callbacks. Hence the questions to Neo to see where he is at in his programming.

This would help explain Neo's dive into Smith which is like the system taking over others in the system and how Smith returned from death and was able to clone out.

In a nutshell I laugh to think that the rogue program creation's end up being the humans that leave for Zion much like a Bane/Smith clone and help explain how they know so much about Neo and what he was potentially PROGRAMMED to do given his Legal Program parents. He could have been an illegal imprint from the beginning. Reality, could all Zion escaped humans be Bane/Clones? Only true human was born in Zion?

Know thyself, you are a seeded program in a human. ROFL

latest?cb=20110124083000
MatrixPotentialOnes_3091.jpg
Mobilave.jpg

Wrote this in a hurry, may not make any sense.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Rumors of a reboot are simply another form of control. Vis a vis fear. The most predictable of all human emotions. Ergo end thread.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

More like dead wrong. Zak Penn Offers Update On New Matrix Movie

Highlights of various articles:

Joel Silver, producer of teh Matricks, is being kept out. Joel Silver initially went to Warner-- this was his idea. Wachowski's are very unlikely to contribute to anything Joel Silver is attached to as a producer, and Warner doesn't want to shut them out of this project. Basically, its a sign that Warner is hoping that they can get the Wachoskis involved down the road. So far, the Wachoskis have 0 involvement and Warner has made it clear this project will move forward regardless. However, Joe Silver being sidelined is a sign they want to court the Wachowskis on this project.

Warner likes it because they see what Disney is doing with Star Wars, as well as the X-Men movies. X-men writer was hired and is working on a script to hand Warner. No director or casting will be considered for probably another year.

Warner is eyeing a black male lead. Their favorite right now is Michael B. Jordan as a young Morpheus potentially. Its assumed the script right now is being written with Michael B. Jordan in mind, but Zak Penn said that nobody has any idea about anything and told media to shut up while he works. The only way I'd watch that is if they go reallllllly far back and give us a preview of how Morpheus became woke and what his experience in the Matricks was like.

Keanu Reeves said he won't touch anything the Wachowskis don't personally write and direct in this series. Basically, he ain't desperate.

Hugo Weaving said he will join if Warner asks even if Wachowskis have no involvement.

Zak Penn cited Animatrix as an example of what to expect.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Oh....a prequel.
Of course it will work, like ALL the other prequels out there

• 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Warner is eyeing a black male lead.

I've made this exact post several times but I'm going to make it again and no one can stop me.

Movie 1 - A shadowy figure (Will Smith) contacts a young Antifa revolutionary with a talent for programming (Jaden Smith as Morpheus) and hints that the world he lives in may not be what it seems. Mostly retell the first movie as is the modern style. Will Smith gets caught and has the plug pulled on him rather than a daring rescue like what happens in the first movie. Tease an introduction of Trinity.

Movie 2 - A shadow figure (Jaden Smith as Morpeus) contacts a young feminist activist (any young popular actress as Trinity) and hints the world she lives in may not be what it seems.

In each film include pointless cameos of Agent Smith, a very young Neo, slyly show that Cypher is evil, etc. Include a big reveal that these films aren't prequels at all but sequels and this is a new iteration of the Matrix.

• 3Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dead wrong? Since when is a prequel a reboot?

Semantics. Its not a prequel if its not going to be received as a prequel by the masses, perception is reality-- the studio, Warner, being fully aware of that. With the Wachowskis out, they have no duty to the OT, to follow the OT, to respect the OT.

Ultimately the "prequel" finds its mark, the OT is disposed of because "nobody liked it anyway aside from that 1st one. Thats over 20 fuckin years ago" and hundreds of millions of dollars are at stake. New producer, new writer, new director. Constitutes "rebooted franchise" whether you accept that fact now or in 2025-- that's on you.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
No, it's not semantics. Maybe you should look up the definition of words before you try to use them. Here, I'll give a list to start with: prequel, reboot, and semantics. You also might want to look up "assumption".

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Public perception will be that of a reboot at some point.

Thanks for commenting. I'll look into these words at a later date I promise. Oh wait no sorry, I'll just agree with the Wired article sitting in front of me instead.

Feel free to give a rebuttal that addresses any of the points Wired made.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
So Hollywood has to keep rebooting IPs because they employ people like Scream who can't come up with an original idea to save there life?

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So Hollywood has to keep rebooting IPs because they employ people like Scream who can't come up with an original idea to save there life?

I think part of the problem is that studios are very much looking for the next cinematic universe that they can make an endless parade of movies for. The success of the Marvel films and now Star Wars is exerting a powerful gravitational pull in Hollywood and making it hard to get original films that tell self-contained stories green lit.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I think part of the problem is that studios are very much looking for the next cinematic universe that they can make an endless parade of movies for. The success of the Marvel films and now Star Wars is exerting a powerful gravitational pull in Hollywood and making it hard to get original films that tell self-contained stories green lit.

Meh, there are a ton of great worlds already made in a thousand books. Game of Thrones wasn't a freak of nature or even all that great. They are being cheap fucks and trying to use IPs they already own to save a paltry half million bucks. I am always wondering why certain novels and kids books were never made into a movie, you look it up and some rat fuck bought the rights and been squatting on it like he ninja'd starwars.com for the past decade. ' Development Hell' is a real thing.

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures

Hollywood's sequel fetish has been around a long time and unifying IP's are a natural marriage for it. Part of the reason Lucas sold off Lucasfilm to begin with was he couldn't get any of the studios interested in striking a distribution deal (on favorable enough terms anyway) for anything that wasn't Star Wars or Indiana Jones, two properties he was tired of dealing with fan expectations over.

• 1Like