The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually fell asleep after about 40m. Set all the story gripes aside, this movie felt so amateurish and poorly put together. The new agents look like cartoon villains, most of the acting is very stiff... like they were done in one take, the special effects were bad, the new Morpheus is laughable.. I could go on and on. The ironic thing is that the blue haired sjw character's acting was probably the best out of the bunch.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I love The Matrix, but this one was just bad.... really bad. I mean holy shit they took the focal point of the whole seriese, Neo, and made him the supporting character in the end. I was super glad that I didn't spend money on this movie at the theater, and saw it on HBO Max instead. It made it hurt slightly less.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just watched this, they tried too hard to be smart and it didn’t work and just ended being dumb. I had a tough time finishing it.

It felt like a Matrix wannabe B movie.

The fights were worse than the original, and you’d think that 20 years later it would have better special effect but no, it’s actually worse or at best even.

Even with all the callbacks and using nostalgia to try and pull you in it fails.

I guess I’ll continue with idea that there is just one Matrix movie, and be happy about that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I just watched this, they tried too hard to be smart and it didn’t work and just ended being dumb. I had a tough time finishing it.

It felt like a Matrix wannabe B movie.

The fights were worse than the original, and you’d think that 20 years later it would have better special effect but no, it’s actually worse or at best even.

Even with all the callbacks and using nostalgia to try and pull you in it fails.

I guess I’ll continue with idea that there is just one Matrix movie, and be happy about that.
its like when they used the original actor from the Star Wars prequels to play Boba Fett. you cant get a decent action film when your lead is 60. Keanu is only 4 years younger than that guy. the only two people able to pull that shit off was Tom Cruise and Sylvester Stallone

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
its like when they used the original actor from the Star Wars prequels to play Boba Fett. you cant get a decent action film when your lead is 60. Keanu is only 4 years younger than that guy. the only two people able to pull that shit off was Tom Cruise and Sylvester Stallone
Keanu can still do stunts. It's called shit director and fight coordinator

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I cannot imagine a worse decision than not inviting Temuera Morrison to reprise his role, especially given the great lengths that Dee Bradley Baker went to imitate his voice for The Clone Wars and The Bad Batch.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I cannot imagine a worse decision than not inviting Temuera Morrison to reprise his role, especially given the great lengths that Dee Bradley Baker went to imitate his voice for The Clone Wars and The Bad Batch.
he played Jango Fett back in the 90s. people get old. nothing against the guy, he did the best he could, but those action scenes were bad.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
there was A LOT wrong with book of boba fett, and there was a lot of things that should have been done differently. morrison was totally fine in the role, and they had the perfect way to hide him under a helmet in any kind of action scene. but they didn't. and even when they did hide him under a helmet, they still had a 60 year old doing action scenes. it's one thing for an action star that has made their career being an action star, someone like the rock for example... but that hasn't been morrison's career trajectory, so it's silly to expect him to move around like donny yen or something. and that's not a slight at all at morrison. i think he's in perfectly acceptable shape for someone his age.

it was just awful choreography, writing, and most importantly, directing.