The Metal Thread

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
does today's metal not actually contain singing anymore? everyone sounds like they have a bad cold.
Did you not listen to the song two posts before yours?

It depends on which genre of metal you’re listening to. Some genres are clean vocals, others aren’t.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
New Mastodon album is the shit. Not quite as heavy as their usual stuff, but so good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This might be metal more up you alley

iu

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm

Song 5 from their new album, Hushed and Grim. To me, sounds like if Chris Stapleton and Mastodon did a collaboration (which would be awesome). I love the new album. It might be a bit slower paced for some, but it really hits home for me.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Don't feel bad, Astro! ( Chukzombi Chukzombi , LOL)

That's something I have a hard time with when it comes to metal. I have a really hard time getting into metal that sounds like you shoved an entire meatloaf into a garbage disposal.

I just tell myself it's a lot of people trying to sound like Lemmy, and failing.

This kind of shoehorns into Mastodon, too, IMHO. They've changed a lot RE: vocals, and while some people hate it, I like the change. But that's just me. Some people want Remission 2.0 (which I like, but still). I'm just impressed that I still like stuff like "March of the Fire Ants" when I'm not really a big fan of 'angry white guy throat singing'

And it's weird...the track R Rush posted above...I kind of wish the vocals were a little 'harder'.

Unrelated: find something wrong with this cover.

I think Gina had an orgasm at the end (EDIT: I know I did)

Last edited:
  • 1Like