some more songs while i'm thinking of them
local band, i think they got big for a while
only song i ever heard of from them.
another local band, saw them when they were called Life A Agony

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cleetus-Meetbeetus

<Silver Donator>
lets toss some oldschool lesser known metal into the mix. i have deep knowledge of 80s metal.
:eek:
Lots of great stuff in those posts, Chukzombi. I had quite a few of them on vinyl when they were released. If I remember right I got Gim Reaper "See you in Hell" and OZ's "Fire in the Brain" during the same shopping trip at Sam the Record Man. Also, "River Runs Red" is still one of my favorites.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lots of great stuff in those posts, Chukzombi. I had quite a few of them on vinyl when they were released. If I remember right I got Gim Reaper "See you in Hell" and OZ's "Fire in the Brain" during the same shopping trip at Sam the Record Man. Also, "River Runs Red" is still one of my favorites.
ya know, i found almost all those lesser known bands from reading magazines like HitParader, the local metal radio station out of Seton Hall University or on the local public access TV channel which played metal videos every night at 11pm. this was before Headbangers Ball which was just bullshit a lot of the time. also thanks to doing that "penny for 25 records" ads they had on the back of magazines i was able to amass a huge library of music. did anyone ever actually pay for that service?
some more small bands

before GnR did it.
i hung out with all these guys, they used to hang at the local biker bar.
this was before they became world famous for those christmas songs.
killer song, hehe
try these guys out.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
the new Devil Wears Prada album rips beginning to end. Dont sleep on it.

• 1Like

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
ya know, i found almost all those lesser known bands from reading magazines like HitParader, the local metal radio station out of Seton Hall University or on the local public access TV channel which played metal videos every night at 11pm. this was before Headbangers Ball which was just bullshit a lot of the time. also thanks to doing that "penny for 25 records" ads they had on the back of magazines i was able to amass a huge library of music. did anyone ever actually pay for that service?
some more small bands

i hung out with all these guys, they used to hang at the local biker bar.

they were at 1 point the loudest band in the world

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they were at 1 point the loudest band in the world

i had heard that, but to me the loudest band was either Metallica or Danzig. i lost my hearing at both concerts. with Danzig i was right at the stage and was bombarded directly. Metallica i was in Meadowlands arena far away from the stage and same shit happened. i guess Metallica was the loudest.

• 1Like

Goatface

thought iron maiden on the world slavery tour with their 170k watts system was the loudest for a long time. don't know if they ever said it was IM's fault, but after the day after they played a local 8k civic center, it was closed down for a while after pieces of the ceiling fell off.

1663783223076.png

wonder how much shit they would get for that now lol.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
thought iron maiden on the world slavery tour with their 170k watts system was the loudest for a long time. don't know if they ever said it was IM's fault, but after the day after they played a local 8k civic center, it was closed down for a while after pieces of the ceiling fell off.

View attachment 434301

wonder how much shit they would get for that now lol.
i saw Maiden at Ozzfest and they werent that loud. maybe they were all using the same setup as the other bands.

Drakurii

i had heard that, but to me the loudest band was either Metallica or Danzig. i lost my hearing at both concerts. with Danzig i was right at the stage and was bombarded directly. Metallica i was in Meadowlands arena far away from the stage and same shit happened. i guess Metallica was the loudest.

Ted Nugent was also loud as fuck.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ted Nugent was also loud as fuck.
i never saw the Motor City Madman live, a friend of mine did and he said it was an insane show. best live performance i have ever seen was Blue Oyster Cult. all those guys live around here and they played here a lot back in the day. i tried to make it to every single show. they would switch up instruments midsong. i dunno, that shit blew my mind. they played better than any band i have ever seen live. a lot of bands sound like shit outside the recording studio.
BTW , BOC was contracted to write the soundtrack for the animated movie, Heavy Metal and for some reason they only used one song. so the released the rest on this album and its probably one of the best albums of all time. Heavy Metal still had a great soundtrack, but it would have been better if they had used all BoC.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Drakurii

i never saw the Motor City Madman live, a friend of mine did and he said it was an insane show. best live performance i have ever seen was Blue Oyster Cult. all those guys live around here and they played here a lot back in the day. i tried to make it to every single show. they would switch up instruments midsong. i dunno, that shit blew my mind. they played better than any band i have ever seen live. a lot of bands sound like shit outside the recording studio.

my favorite BOC song

• 1Solidarity

Drakurii

Saw these guys at the AZ State Fair for $5 was a good show, singer thought he was Robert Plant reborn.

• 1Like

Goatface

i had totally forgotten about vinnie vincent invasion until reading world slavery tour reviews

• 1Like