The Metal Thread

Sinnes_sl

shitlord
Wicked vid:

GBH perhaps belongs in a punk thread but it's borderline thrash anyway so fuck it =) They rule.

Infestissumam has grown on me, took quite a few listens but now i really dig most of the tunes on the record.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Honest talk, what is the fascination with Ghost? I've really tried listening to their stuff but it's boring as hell. Is it a hipster thing or?

oblig:

Sinnes_sl

shitlord
Honest talk, what is the fascination with Ghost? I've really tried listening to their stuff but it's boring as hell. Is it a hipster thing or?
I think Opus Eponymous is one of the best albums of the past 10 years, and far from boring. I really enjoy traditional heavy metal and psy/prog rock so that helps i guess
smile.png
The Elizabeth/Ritual demo is especially good.

Oh and yeah, i think they got alot of hype among hipsters for some reason. Atleast i've got that impression watching live clips/interviews and stuff.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Perhaps the new album didn't have the same hipster cred level as Opus did
smile.png
Not that i care, until recently i thought the only thing hipsters listened to was indie rock/pop rock..preferably obscure. I only know their culture thru the internets.
Nope. Hipsters enjoy metal, but only on their terms lol. For instance, Agalloch, Opeth, ISIS, and Mastodon are a couple bands who get raving reviews from Pitchfork.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
There's a Metal bar in Brooklyn called The Acheron. Literally filled with Hipsters every night. It's vomit inducing.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Let's meet up one night in the shithole you call Brooklyn. \m/
I am probably going to my friends show that she put together at the paper box in Brooklyn(the girl holding the pig head in a previous post of mine) On the 31st. If you're interested or anyone else is, I can get you the details when I get home.

Arkael

Lord Nagafen Raider
New Dan Swano project called Witherscape. Sounds pretty good...

Wintersun live was incredible. I'm not gonna miss them anytime they tour near me. Got right front and center and you could really feel the appreciation and love these guys have for their fans and their music.

Arkael

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just going to drop this in here too...

I'm seeing Katatonia/Cult of Luna in Sept but I think I'm most excited for their opening act Tesseract. Would call them a djent band if I was asked to categorize but there's a lot of prog elements and some Meshuggah type rythms going on. Mostly clean vocals.

New song. Not my personal favorite but the girl is hot so...here you go.

Not sure if these guys have been in the thread yet. Can't get enough of their new album, guess you could call it prog melodeath?

One more for good measure. These guys from Australia deserve way more attention than they have so they can afford to tour here. Fucking incredible musicians. Solid melodeath.

Northerner

N00b
Alright, little bit of a retro ha thing but there we are.

Danzig was at my place tonight (et al) and I'll give him/them points for probably being the politest fuckers ever. I mean, most of the competition is horrid but this crew was gold.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty sure it's just a hipster thing, it's boring awful music that will pass by soon enough.

Oblig video.