The Metal Thread

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Alright, little bit of a retro ha thing but there we are.

Danzig was at my place tonight (et al) and I'll give him/them points for probably being the politest fuckers ever. I mean, most of the competition is horrid but this crew was gold.
That's pretty cool to hear. Fuckers a legend....

Disp_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty sure it's just a hipster thing, it's boring awful music that will pass by soon enough.

Oblig video.

What is it about music like this that people find enjoyable? I can get into just about any type of metal at least a little bit, but stuff like this just sounds like diarrhea to me.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
What is it about music like this that people find enjoyable? I can get into just about any type of metal at least a little bit, but stuff like this just sounds like diarrhea to me.
It's not boring, I don't mind some good sludge or death but that's only background music to me. If I'm trying to get hyped on something, I need something that's not just 16th note double bass and growlies.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
i haven't been into metal for many years, but this shit still gets me pumped when working.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
As much as I want it to be boner town, it's not. New Russian Circles song and it's super mellow which Empros was super light but sad to see them go in the Mogwai post-rock direction instead of the Isis direction. I bet there are some hard hitting songs on the album but they definitely aren't doing another Geneva with this one.

http://snd.sc/14Orpuo

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Can anyone recommend some good bands/albums for me? I've been on a huge Blind Guardian kick lately.. really loving the song lyrics, the intense choruses, the layered vocals on certain choruses, the basis of the songs (GRRM, Jordan, Tolkien. Which power metal bands out there also have similar stuff to BG?

I've listened to Hammerfall and it is instantly ruined by the vocalist. Music is good though.

I used to listen to Rhapsody and loved the song Emerald Sword by them. I've listened to a little Helloween but haven't really given them a fair shake. Any suggestions?

Disp_sl

shitlord
You might like Iced Earth. They're a little heavier/thrashier but were a great band with Barlow on vocals.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Can anyone recommend some good bands/albums for me? I've been on a huge Blind Guardian kick lately.. really loving the song lyrics, the intense choruses, the layered vocals on certain choruses, the basis of the songs (GRRM, Jordan, Tolkien. Which power metal bands out there also have similar stuff to BG?

I've listened to Hammerfall and it is instantly ruined by the vocalist. Music is good though.

I used to listen to Rhapsody and loved the song Emerald Sword by them. I've listened to a little Helloween but haven't really given them a fair shake. Any suggestions?

Human Fortress, only the first two albums:

Falconer:

Dark Moor:

Elvenking:

Heavenly: