The Metal Thread

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Exmortus, Omnium Gatherum and Dark Tranquillity all put on a fucking kick ass show. I hadn't heard anything from Exmortus going into the show, definitely like their material and they have an awesome stage presence. Their guitarists can shred god damn. The turn out was reallllly low though like the venue was half empty beyond the sound booth which i'm not complaining since it was a smaller place and it wasn't hard to find a good viewing point to the stage. Think I may go back to Mojoe's to see The Absence in March.

Jobitz_sl

shitlord
Yea will be at Mojoe's in Joliet never been before so kind of hoping the venue isn't total shit lol. Just glad it isn't House of Blues again.
I've been there for a few concerts. It is kind of small but absolutely awesome. Parking sucks though.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
I could see where the parking would suck on a weekend because i'm sure the garages there are all jam packed when everyone is out to have a good time. But I pretty much just pulled up to the first garage I saw on Cass, drove in to find there's $0 in parking fees (that was the shit) to use them and found a spot on the bottom level within like a minute of pulling in. Was about 3 minutes away from the venue so all around the entire night was flawless minus the traffic on 355 South getting there. Mojoe's kind of reminds me of The Metro in chicago in terms of its layout the only downside is it has two pillars on the main floor where viewing might be obstructed if you get stuck having to stand in their path. Other than that it has a upper balcony and a open floor w/ some tables etc.. Not a half bad venue.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
These dudes are fantastic live. Killed it at the Gwar concert I went to.

White Chapel:

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
Had to share this, but couldn't figure out where
tongue.png

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
My metalhead buddy sent this band to me called The Mire and I've been jamming out to it this morning. He told me they are in the same vein as The Ocean, Intronaut, and Cult of Luna but I don't know who those bands are. The guy's metal growls are decent but his singing voice is really good. Here is a link to listen to their newest album.

Glass Cathedrals | The Mire

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
This new The Mire album gets just slightly djenty at times for my tastes. It's pretty good though. Honestly, when they (and I think most of the band is just one guy) first started out and released that EP with Fears and Wheelwalker on it I thought they were going to turn into my favorite band. That didn't quite happen. Still really great though.

Grumath_sl

shitlord
So... Kawaii metal. Legitimate sub-genre or needs to be squashed like Godzilla vs Tokyo? With beauty and the beast (lacuna coil, nightwish, etc) style bands being fairly common, I figured it was a matter of time before Japan put their whacky spin on it. I know this isn't exactly new but just hit my radar fairly recently. I can't figure out if I like the instrumentals here or am just a pedo. I would guess that nerds with loves of metal and anime both get hard for stuff like this.

So... Kawaii metal.
^ Lmao. Not as bad as I would of thought. Kinda like Evanescence for anime/cosplay fans? Anyway, need to ungay the thread after that...

Car Bomb: description says "It's like Meshuggah and The Dillinger Escape Plan had a baby and tortured it for hours." Seems appropriate:

Emmure: basically Korn circa self-titled and Life is Peachy (back when they didn't suck) but turned up to 11. Their newer albums are decent. Older stuff kinda blows imho.

Volumes: these guys listened to a lot of Meshuggah that's for sure. Entire album isn't bad.

Periphery: super progressive/technical with both clean/dirty vocals. There's a lot going on here heh.