The Metal Thread

Morbeas

Silver Squire
I've been listening to Metallica for a very long time now (I'm 42) and they're probably my favorite band in the world along with Pink Floyd. I, too, hold their first 3 albums in much higher regard than their subsequent efforts. The thing with Metallica though is they were always an influence in my life musically. They were the reason I started playing guitar, they were the band I listened to when I was happy/sad/up/down/whatever. They had a song that went with each occasion and they made "serious" music. Not like the popness of Motley Crue or the constant death/devil/evil-ness of Venom or Slayer or Mercyful Fate. Sure I also listened to and love those bands, Metallica was always my go-to music when I wanted to "feel". This holds true even today. Even though some of their albums were really hard to stomach and cringeworthy (St. Anger anyone?), they will always hold a special place in my heart. One thing I gotta say though, is that they have the best live show ever! They have an incredible energy that I've never felt with any other band.

Anyway, yeah I'm a fanboi.
smile.png

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think there's any worth in listening to Metallica beyond the first four. There's just so much better music to listen to and explore.

Astennu

Lord Nagafen Raider
Cryptic Slaughter was awesome and one of my favorite bands back then. One of the bands that wasnt so popular that I thought was good was Hallows Eve. They even had a song in the movie Rivers Edge.

Nice man. Lethal Tendencies was one of my favorite songs in high school. I still listen to it from time to time.

I saw Dream Theater last night and purposefully did not check set lists prior so I'd be surprised. They were "celebrating" Awake (20 year anniv) and Metropolis 2 (15 year anniv) so they busted out the last half of Awake starting with The Mirror. Was very surprised to hear Space Dye Vest live since they've never done it before (prior to 2014 as I looked up when I got home). Not the same without Kevin doing it, but still awesome. Have to say James sounds better than I've heard him in many years.

Fedor

<Banned>
Ok, what am I missing?

The album is tentatively set to drop on April 1, 2015 via its own Blackened Recordings with distribution through Warner Brothers Records.
The "album" is set to be released on April Fools. The article was posted on April Fools in the Just For Fun category. The quotes by the band members are all jokes. The track list is filled with jokes.

3mLydMU.png

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, that came out a couple weeks ago.

Opeth's new album finally has a title.

2014 is shaping up to be a good year (hopefully).

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
This. I couldn't really get into their last album. Saw them live and it was ok, but nothing like the last tour with Matt 4 or 5 years ago.
By far my favorite thing Barlow has ever done:

He rips the shit out of this performance. This is what happens when a singer improves after the initial recording. And those fucking Greeks man, awesome crowd.

Killswitch

N00b
Going to see Ghost BC this monday cant wait. I cant believe up until 6 months ago I never heard these guys. Now I cant stop listening to them.