The Metal Thread

Sinnes_sl

shitlord
Been a while since i visited the forum but:

Arkael, the stuff that begins at 2:30 is pure originality from Thordendals 1991 drugged mind:

Edit: Just mentioned your nick because you posted the shuggah
smile.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
A guitarist friend of mine pointed me to this guy on youtube saying he makes some of the most bone crunching and amazing sounding metal riffs. I can't disagree one bit and I fucking love all his albums.

Keith Merrow - Pillars Of Creation - YouTube
Keith Merrow - Malfunction - YouTube
Keith Merrow - Spice-Dealer - YouTube
Keith Merrow - Cosmogenesis - YouTube
Keith Merrow - Braving the Dunes - YouTube
He does a lot of stuff with Jeff Loomis. He's alright, but I get bored of his stuff very easily.

Loomis I could listen to all day.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
He does a lot of stuff with Jeff Loomis. He's alright, but I get bored of his stuff very easily.

Loomis I could listen to all day.
Loomis is amazing as well, and he's clearly the superior talent. The man is a guitar solo god. I just happen to prefer Merrow's sound.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
These dudes bring it, glad I heard about them (Wintersun):

Lost Society is good too, takes me back to my hardcore days:

Disp_sl

shitlord
Just found out when I was driving by that these dudes are playing tonight. They've come up a few times on Pandora and I like what I've heard. Gonna see them in a couple hours and should be some good shit.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Wolves in the throne room is fucking killer live. They really know how to set the mood. Saw them and Deafheaven years ago. Speaking of which....

Disp_sl

shitlord
I didn't know they were as well known as they are. There were about as many people there as for Agalloch a few months ago. Show was pretty good, but overall the music is a little slower than I prefer. That's black metal for ya though.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
There's been a lot of good american black metal in the past decade. A lot of the great ones tend to blend with an ambient sound. I personally prefer that to *BLASTBEAT BLASTBEAT BLASTBEAT GARBLE GARBLE*

Also Coffinworm. Buddy toured with them a couple years ago. More sludgey. Awesome riffs.