The Metal Thread

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I just heard the Five Finger Death Punch version of House of the Rising Sun. I loved it, then saw they were doing a big concert in Philly with Rob Zombie & Korn. Already have my tickets. Good shit.
New single from Five Finger Death Punch was released the other day.Not sure how long this link will last on youtube but here:
[Yep, that didn't last long]

The official release linkin case the video gets taken down.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Goatwhore was fucking awesome. Super brutal. Actually, Black Breath were also really good. Definitely the second best band on the bill. Ringworm felt a bit like they were going through the motions.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just got into a little black metal but I need some suggestions. I don't like most of the stuff listed in this thread, I like the more atmospheric/wall of sound stuff like this:

I've tried looking at lists of good black metal bands but there's just waaaay too much stuff, hard to know which sub-genre they all fit into w/o listening to it first. So any other bands like the ones I linked?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Xasthur, leviathan, woods of desolation are just a couple big ones off the top of my head. If you look up Cascadian black metal, there will be plenty of recommendations of bands that are trying to be WIITR.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got a weird Alice in Chains vibe from that. No me gusta. Cool cover art though.