The Metal Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nice

I kinda wanna go see Swallow The Sun but they're opening for children of bodom and i dont know how i feel about them these days hahah. I guess i could just go for the opening bands
CoB has a pretty good live show at least, and they're usually 50/50 playing the old stuff.

Seeing hypocrisy March 30th and I've never been this pumped for a show in my life.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Came across these guys channel a few months ago not knowing the whole 'reaction' vids was a thing. Either way, they mostly do hip hop & rap stuff but do quite a bit of metal, rock, and country. They come across as a lot more genuine than other similar channels I've seen. Solid on camera chemistry as well.

It's been fun to see them learn about and appreciate stuff that I'm a big fan of.

xzi

Mouthbreather
A full Mastodon set with fucking Scott Kelly from Neurosis on vocals for more than one song?!? Sign me UP

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just saw the hypocrisy/fleshgod/aenamus?? Tour in Worcester MA. Life is complete. Last time hypocrisy toured the US was 9 years ago and I missed it. My favorite band of all time and finally got to see them.

Fleshgod was awesome as usual, seen them twice now.

Aenamus was garbage

• 1Solidarity
xzi isn't there some controversy about that rammstein vid trailer?

I see both sides btw. But being controversial for controversy's sake would not be above Rammstein. They always seemed to me to be kind of mercenary.

Anyway, the last fucking thing I want to actually have to hash out is, is it ok for an art group, German, that does a kind of techno-metal, to do a vid with concentration camp costumes.

Let me put it to your this way. If one's artistic vision demands that kind of potential fuckery, might want to regroup and rethink things. "Sniff the Glove" only works sometimes. It's the little differences. little twists. That thin line between artistic and just being an idiot.

• 1Garbage

xzi

Mouthbreather
xzi isn't there some controversy about that rammstein vid trailer?

I see both sides btw. But being controversial for controversy's sake would not be above Rammstein. They always seemed to me to be kind of mercenary.

Anyway, the last fucking thing I want to actually have to hash out is, is it ok for an art group, German, that does a kind of techno-metal, to do a vid with concentration camp costumes.

Let me put it to your this way. If one's artistic vision demands that kind of potential fuckery, might want to regroup and rethink things. "Sniff the Glove" only works sometimes. It's the little differences. little twists. That thin line between artistic and just being an idiot.

I feel like it's pretty obvious the video is representing Germanys history inbetween random clips of more weird art, and without talking about the holocaust you're doing a disservice.

Either way, I've seen some people (like 3 people lol) call for that video be taken down, but like, they literally shoot the nazis directly in the fucking face so it's not exactly like they're putting them in a good light?

xzi

Mouthbreather
also more Neurosis, the last minute of this song forever is my favorite

Last edited: