The Metal Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
20 year old dude from NH recorded this. He's on vocals/guitar and Hannes Grossman (Obscura, Necrophagist) is on drums. Guarantee this guy is gonna be famous, his shredding is insane.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Some local stuff that I really love.

(None of the guys in Saola are over 18 and have a better stage presence than bands 10 years their senior... unfortunately their lead guitarist is going off to college.)

I really fucking love the metal scene in Portland right now.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
New Deftones album is really disappointing after a couple listens. Sometimes they take a bit to grow on me when they change their style, but Koi No Yokan (their previous album) hooked me so fast and hard I was really hoping this one would too...

Still a better album than Saturday Night Wrist but not by a whole lot...

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
With Wayne Static dead I really need a new band, any recommendations of a band that sounds like Static-X ?

Suds_sl

shitlord
A new Obsessed track. They stay true to the "Sabbath-like" sound evident in the tracks grumblethorn posted, but it's not as bluesy or power chord driven. I confess I hadn't listened to any Obsessed before hearing the two tracks here; but after hearing Lunar Womb I went to the tube and listened to just about everything they had. Good shit. I love being turned on to bands as much as I love to discover and share them. Keep it coming, Rerolled!

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Gojira just released an album. What are your thoughts? Still going through it. Love the harmonized vocals. Gojira can do no wrong.