The Metal Thread

xzi

Mouthbreather
There's too many tool songs to choose from but this has to be my favorite off of 10,000 Days. I don't know why, I always sit down and listen to the entire thing/both parts every single time I hear it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Second release from the upcoming Opeth album.

And new Testament

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
New death metal super group featuring Corpsegrinder, The guitar player from Killswitch and the old All that Remains/Black Dahlia drummer.

Having Fishgrinder on vocals kinda just makes it sound like Corpse.

• 1Like

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Please don't post opeth in this thread unless it's old stuff. Fucking faggot band.
I've pretty much moved on from Opeth at this point. Yeah I still love all their old albums (don't listen to them nearly as much any more) but anything post Watershed is pretty much crap as far as I'm concerned. So much better stuff out there now (see below).

Last edited:

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
There's heaps of worse stuff posted in this thread than recent Opeth.. Post what you like metal bros
Here's some kickarse Aussie stuff from the 90s

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
This live version of Cruel Bloom from Converge ft. Steve Von Till of Neurosis has been on repeat the last few days.

• 1Like

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
Would love to get better audio for this, but it's cool seeing these kids play this stuff.

• 1Like

Sinnes

Molten Core Raider
Every time I try listening to them I can't help but thinking of King Diamond but without the Falsetto.

It's strange, i've heard alot of people say that. I grew up with King Diamond and Mercyful Fate but apart from the gimmick i don't see much resemblance. Of course MF/KG has influenced them music wise, but so has an number of bands since the 60's that would be to many to list:)

They released a new video yesterday, with a new style vocal wise and w/ a punk influence. I like the song.

• 1Like