The Metal Thread

Sinnes_sl

shitlord
This is pretty badass. No idea how this guy has enough endurance to do this shit.
Hah, came here to post that same clip. That guy is goood.

Meshuggah's drummer is such a beast.
Yeah.

And if Haake, god forbid, leaves the band or dies they have to get Morgan ? to take his spot.. Different styled drummer i know but he is so great on Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects.

Ending says "Today's excersise" in Swedish lol.

s0ulgr1nder

Trakanon Raider
I just saw Volbeat last month and it was a fantastic show. When they performed this song the venue went nuts... well the venue went nuts for several songs but this was the first.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider

New song from Dark Tranquillity's new album Construct. Can't fucking wait.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I know this is probably a bit soft for you death heads, but AB is officially back in the studio. Mark Tremonti is a fucking beast and have to mention Myles Kennedy with his 4octave voice.

s0ulgr1nder

Trakanon Raider
That new Dark Tranquility sounds bad ass, and Judas Priest is always good.
Last year I caught Godsmack at the Uproar Festival (been a fan since the first album) and the drum battle between Sully and Shannon damn near made the show. Godsmack really should've headlined instead of Shinedown. Shinedown was decent but Godsmack really fuckin blew 'em out of the water.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
This was in my head today for some reason. Apologies if it makes your balls hurt.
Always loved this album. Between the Hammer and the Anvil kills me, especially the wail at the end. "BETWEEN THE HAMMER AND THE ANVIIIIIIIIIL! BETWEEN THE HAMMER AND THE ANVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL! STORM WARNINGGGG!!! BUT THERE'S NO FEAHHHHHHHH!"

I know this is probably a bit soft for you death heads, but AB is officially back in the studio. Mark Tremonti is a fucking beast and have to mention Myles Kennedy with his 4octave voice.
Definitely a guilty pleasure of mine, mainly because of Myles. Dude can sing my balls into my stomach, it's pretty ridiculous. Been a fan of his ever since that shitty band The Mayfield Four. Glad he's doing well.

Anyway, new Sabbath out today:

I think my favorite lyric is "I heart radio on-demand." It's very simple, yet poetic. VERY doomish style from Sabbath, almost a merging of modern metal with their Master of Reality work. The ending riffs are just CLASSIC fuckin' Sabbath, fucking Iommi still got it.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw Katatonia & Opeth tonight. Holy FUCK what a show. Opeth killed it.

Ghost of Perdition, White Cluster, Demon of the Fall, Deliverance, Reverie/Harlequin Forest were the highlights, and of course they finished with Blackwater Park. I wish they'd have played The Moor and Baying of the Hounds, but eh whatever, shit was still amazing.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Nice, I'm going to that show out here in California in May. Can't wait.

Edit: Fuck yeah, just found out Decapitated is playing at the same venue 4 days later. Gonna be an awesome week!