The Metal Thread

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Feh Opeth had a period i really liked. so they make some stuff I dont care for. Oh N0es they are not tr00. metal fans are idiots when they get bent out of shape of shit like that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I won't get bent out of shape, but it is a little saddening. Up through Ghost Reveries, I loved everything they put out. A lot of people didn't like that album for some reason, but I loved it. Watershed was very forgettable, and their newer non-heavy album was just shit.

I mean it's fine, they want to do their own thing.. we all know they deserve it. But it sounds like hes basically shitting on the genre that made them who they are. Some of their songs are absolute masterpieces, and they're still my favorite band hands down. It just kind of sucks that they're probably not going to write stuff like they used to.

Always blew my mind that they played in Standard tuning, had the most gutteral (AND INTELLIGIBLE) vocals of any band, and the dude could sing his ass off. A lot of great melodies too. FUCK.

I won't be one of those metal faggots though that just complains, you know the dude... you're at a show and all of a sudden a morbidly obese man sweating like a whore in church is pressing against your arm screaming as loud as he can. He then goes into full "pick up the pennies" mode dancing and punching people in a mosh pit. That dude would go home, go on the computer, and scream about how it isn't kvlt and isn't true metal anymore.

Anyways, just posted the article in case no one saw it.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
1. Opeth moving in that direction is absolutely no surprise, I don't see how anyone didn't see this coming. I knew they'd never go back to the MAYH, Still Life, BWP days. What a run of fucking albums, and that's the great thing about amazing music - it will always be there, and I'll always listen to it.

2. Deafheaven fucking RULE. Album of the year so far. Blackgaze is really becoming one of my favorite genres ever.

Simas_sl

shitlord
2. Deafheaven fucking RULE. Album of the year so far. Blackgaze is really becoming one of my favorite genres ever.
I agree. I just recently heard the album but I already can't imagine it not making my year end list. I really like the genre fusion. You can pick out so many influences but then it's all tinged in black metal, it's great.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree. I just recently heard the album but I already can't imagine it not making my year end list. I really like the genre fusion. You can pick out so many influences but then it's all tinged in black metal, it's great.
I've posted about them before, but if you like this style of music, definitely check out Woods of Desolation's Torn Beyond Reason. It is absolutely brilliant.

Sinnes_sl

shitlord
Just a headsup for those in the Cali area, this lineup of bands will probably make for a kickass evening:http://www.ironmaiden.com/sanb.pdf

Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Testament
Anthrax
Sabaton
Overkill

Pretty random to have Sabaton booked in this thrash/nwobhm lineup heh, good with some variety i guess. And they deliver a good liveshow!

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just a headsup for those in the Cali area, this lineup of bands will probably make for a kickass evening:http://www.ironmaiden.com/sanb.pdf

Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Testament
Anthrax
Sabaton
Overkill

Pretty random to have Sabaton booked in this thrash/nwobhm lineup heh, good with some variety i guess. And they deliver a good liveshow!
Wow, super fucking jealous of that. Not a big fan of Anthrax or Overkill, but I'd sit through them to see Maiden, Megadeth, and Testament all on the same night.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

New 5FDP. When Ivan Moody was introducing this song at the golden god awards, he said that their new album has a guest vocalist...and it was himself.

Seventh

Golden Squire
Wow, super fucking jealous of that. Not a big fan of Anthrax or Overkill, but I'd sit through them to see Maiden, Megadeth, and Testament all on the same night.
I saw Overkill over the winter (with Testament and Flotsam) and holy fucking shit what a SICK show those guys put on. They definitely belong on that bill. That is one asskicker of a lineup.