The Metal Thread

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
New Dark Tranquility album is out if anyone missed it. It's definitely different than their last however many releases, which all kicked ass but sounded the same. I'm liking the new album a lot.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Amon Amarth - Deceiver of the Gods is out today. Yesss.

edit: Halfway through and not a bad track yet.

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
New Children of Bodom is out. Don't even waste your time. Worst shit.
It's been headed that way for a while now. They haven't put out a good album since Hate Crew Deathroll IMO.

Best Slayer album ever: South of Heaven, no contest.

Mastodon's Drummer gives me boners. Fuck he's awesome.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I liked Surtur but it didn't age very well and had a couple of duds. This entire album is excellent. I'm listening to it again now, and it's holding up well.

Oddly enough, it's really productive music for me. I type like a maniac with Amon Amarth in the background.

Probably my favorite track so far:

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Here's another from Drewsif (guy that did metal Katy Perry cover). I am going to hell.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Man, the cover art for the new Amon Amarth is tits. New desktop wallpaper for awhile:

rrr_img_32261.jpg

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit that's awesome. Is there a hi res of the entire scene out yet?

edit: Or barring that, just a hi res of that image. Where'd you dig it up? GIS isn't having much luck. I badly want to have that image printed on a gaming mat.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Amon Amarth and Iced Earth have had some of the best cover art in the industry over the past 15 years. The artists both bands have used are amazing.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Holy shit that's awesome. Is there a hi res of the entire scene out yet?

edit: Or barring that, just a hi res of that image. Where'd you dig it up? GIS isn't having much luck. I badly want to have that image printed on a gaming mat.
Pulled it straight from the Amon Amarth website. Sadly, the image on their website where I got it from is the highest res version I could find.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
I must be doing it wrong, two of those are supposed to be 1920x1080, whats the deal with uploading pics and getting them at their full res?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dan Swan? has a new album out at the end of next month (early Aug. for those of us in NA), and if it's all like the one song they've released so far it will be right up there with Edge of Sanity's Crimson and Crimson II. Sadly, it's not actually Edge of Sanity, but a new band called Witherscape.