The Metal Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I haven't posted anything in this thread in a long God damn time. But I went down the rabbit hole this evening listening to some metal and I figured I would at least share what I was enjoying.... Some good old and Ensiferum....

No clue if it's been posted before, but they've always been one of my favorites.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Fuck it some of my favorite stuff. .... Nice mix of that late 80s and of the 90s.... Except for the Winter-sun video which is early 2000s.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Maybe not really metal but it was up there back in the late 90s specifically if you grew up in Texas. Pretty great song and pretty great band...

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Late to the party but digging this:

Starting listening to Agalloch as a fairly chill listen while painting and found this recently via Pandora. Reading the backstory behind the band makes this even more haunting.

• 1Like

Cleetus-Meetbeetus

<Silver Donator>
Late to the party but digging this:

Starting listening to Agalloch as a fairly chill listen while painting and found this recently via Pandora. Reading the backstory behind the band makes this even more haunting.
I think Musicforfish posted this originally but it's so fucking heavy it deserves a repost.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Mostly listen to Stoner the past few years but still go down metal rabbit holes sometimes. Came across this track, fucking hell. The breakdowns in this are nuts. Every artist in this band is a fucking beast.

and I guess he sounds like this even live.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lorna Shores been around awhile now. Awesome band. This song blew them up because of the TikTok degenerates.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
does today's metal not actually contain singing anymore? everyone sounds like they have a bad cold.

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users